PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find......

MrA
20-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Please help. I am looking for some good areas to fish on the NSW Central or North Coast. I have recently purchased a 4WD and also need to test it out so It would be great if someone knew a nice secluded spot with 4WD access only and some great fishing action.
I know that people do not like giving away their sacred spots but it would be muchly appreciated.
If someone even knows of a website that I can search to find a spot with maps it would be good too.

Brenno
20-10-2004, 09:45 AM
try some of the fishing mags, most have a map of the area and will tell you what type of gear to use and when to go there.

jimbob
20-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Mate I would try for Jew along the beaches from Illuka to Ballina. If that isn't too far north. Or try in the creeks there for flathead.

Gorilla_in_Manila
21-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Welcome MrA,
If you don't want to go as far as the clarance coast, try out Cresent Head; on the coast just east of Kempsy.
4wd access up the beach north to Hat head, then on up to South West Rocks. South from Cresent there is a dirt road that goes past about 20 different headlands and beachs that are great jew fishing spots. Road keeps going down past Pt Plommer where you can get on the beach again (think it called Queen's Beach, but don't let that put you off ;D). Think the road goes all the way to Port Maquarie. You need a permit for the beach driving. Cost about $25 and runs for financial year (July - June). Available at caravan parks at Hat head, Cresent etc.
Beeeeautiful part of the world.
Cheers
Jeff
pic is from beach to the north, looking south to Cresent Head