PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie

Livie
18-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Hello people, Im new to this site so go easy on me as I work it all out. Hopefully the gif on the left will show my boat.
Cheers all :o

Dr_Dan
18-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Welcome Livie.

I'm sure you'll find the site full of information.
Most of the guys (and gals) are good "blokes!".

Post your boat in the boating chat so we can all see it properly

Dan

philip_thomson
18-10-2004, 04:30 PM
welcome livie

hope you enjoy the site. thats a nice boat u got there

phil

blaze
18-10-2004, 04:33 PM
welcome to a top site, yep, nice boat.
BUT what is your prefered method for us to attach the hook, maybe rubber bands LOL
cheers
blaze

Dug
18-10-2004, 05:46 PM
welcome Livey, nice boat when are you taking us all fishing ;D ;D ;D

Can we bring in a rule that new members have to loan their boats to regulars?

cheers doug ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ps most of the guys here are much nicer than me!

Livie
18-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Im sure thay are Dug, Ill keep an eye on you 8)
Hope this pic come out larger
Its a 5.2m Excalibur Platey, The bait tank in front of the engine well has been removed and placed into a aft corner. This to make for cockpit space.
She gets up to 40 knts from a 70hp xxL Tohatsu

bidkev
19-10-2004, 04:02 AM
Hello Livie and welcome to the group. Feel free to post as many questions as you want as the members are probably getting a little pissed off with mine atm :-)

Oh! And imparting information is a good way to endear yourselves to the folk here......starting with your best GPS marks is brobably the way to go ;-)

cheers

kev

notts_so
19-10-2004, 08:05 AM
Welcome livie ive only been on this site for 2 days and im having a good laugh hope you enjoy ass much as i have these blokes all seem to be very friendly yet competative in the nicest way thou .By the way nice boat

mini696
19-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Welcome to the site Livie. I'm relatively new to this site myself, but have already put thing I've learnt here into practice succesfully.

Nice ride you have there. I can understand the modification you did to the live tank. I never have enough room on a boat no matter how big it is. I'm in the process of reorganising the layout of my tinnie as I write.

Ask a lot of questions. We are all happy to answer them. Just be prepared to end up in Antartica or the Bermuda Triangle if you ask for GPS points... :P :P ;D ;D

Touchy - R.I.P.
19-10-2004, 09:07 AM
G'day Livie & welcome, Yeah nice looking rig but dont it give 'ya the sh*ts driving around tilted on its side like that all the time??,::) :o :P,wheres 'ya stamping ground?backshot of your photo looks like Bribie?. Cheers Touchy.><>.

Livie
19-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks Fellas,
Im from the Port Hacking , That Pic is of David Lockwood Testing the boat on botany bay, Published in Trailer boat mag.
My Interest is Kings and Tunas

Fishin_Dan
20-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Where abouts in the Hacking you from livie? I used to live down there myself till I wisened up and got my a$$ to QLD!!! #;D

I got a few good friends down there who chase what your after, so if you want, PM me, and Ill try to hook you up with some people and hopefully some fish.

Mick
20-10-2004, 08:40 AM
How are ya Livie? I have also just joined so you're not the newest kid on the block. I am still trying to work out how to attach a photo. Hopefully there is a dirty old tuna next to this message.

jimbob
20-10-2004, 10:43 AM
No dirty tuna here. Iam farley new as well this is a great site with heaps of information to be shared.

Livie
20-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Im At grays point , Thinking of moving to Darwin for a few years as that is where My hart is and suits my persona.
Would love to hook up with ya mates, All my fishin mates moved to SEQ so I usualy go and live bait the hump or some reef or troll as far out wide as I dare for the day, On my own.
I was a spearo and found this pic last nite , Its scary

Livie
20-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Its not Me :(

aquarius
20-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Welcome to Ausfish Livie.
Look forward to seeing some of your fish pics.
I'm sure you will have fun on this site mate.
Cheers #Brent ;)

wessel
20-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Nice sailfish there

You want scary, try what this wombat was doin.

Taken of Cape Town in South Africa. The guy was minding his own business when Mr Great WHite came to say hallo. He cruised around the spearo, came close for a scratch behind the ears, allowed the guy to grab his dorsal and took him for a ride. Dropped him off back where they started, did a bit of a jump to show off and then disappeared into the wild blue yonder.

I would have looked like the Michelin Man the way I would have filled that wetsuit with brown stuff::

In any case, welcome mate. As it has been said - the amount of info here is just incredible. To those that have helped me out - Thank you very much. It is appreciated.

Wessel

Dug
21-10-2004, 02:05 PM
SHIT ! :o :o :o

Mick
22-10-2004, 03:01 AM
That's a pretty big whiting!

moondancer
23-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Well done livie, and welcome. See what you've done?? Start a newbie thread, and , to my count, you've sparked off at least 3 other newbies!! Good stuff.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Lawry

dasher
25-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Mate I'm gunna tell on ya for straying. ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) Spent all this bloody weekend gettin rid of spyware so I could log back on heare mate. ::) If I ever get my hands on one of these wanks I'll strangle the bastard. >:( Nice to be back. ;D

Gazza
26-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Welcome Livie........it's SAFE to ask for recipes here mate :-X
;D :D :D :D

Regards as always ;)
Gazza

baldyhead
26-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Hey Livie, how ya goin bloke?
Welcome to the best site in aussie.
Have fun m8
cheers baldy