PDA

View Full Version : shore fishing at Shoal Bay

ianoc69
22-10-2004, 08:09 AM
I am looking to Travel to Shoal Bay NSW (Near Port Stephens) this weekend and was hoping someone can advise where a suitable Bream and Flathead spot might be.

I have travelled the Central Coast for many years BUT never been to Nelson Bay / Shoal Bay / Port Stephens area.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

BOTH Soft Plastics / standard Rig fishing gear

NQCairns
23-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Lanco if you have a boat, then Fingle bay is going off at this time of the year with Sand Flathead, you will get a few along the beach from the surf club to the spit also.
Shoal bay is fairly tight on the fish front but if you are shore fishing try from the pool to the second gate inside the hospital (you are allowed to walk/fish around there, just park outside the main gate). Good spot for Duskies but sometimes it takes a while, also past the second gate and past the jetty at the hospital is a fisheries hatchery, fish the nice water around there for flathead with soft plastics and bait.
Fish the marina rockwall for bream (no weight just hook and bait).
Jewfish along the Fingle Beach at night (best land based spot in the area)
Bream/ flathead of the jetty at little beach, you can fish into the marine park from the jetty with a good cast (legal so take the distance gear) a few good bream there.
Heaps of other spots some better than others on any particular day.
It's been a while but not that long since I haunted the area. good luck with your weekend.nq

ianoc69
28-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks immensly

The weekend has been put back until Mid Nov 2004 and I will be sure to take your advice.

I do appreciate your help