PDA

View Full Version : VHF Radio Course VMR Victoria Point 10th October

subzero
13-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Please check out the boaties market post for details.
We have linked them together on the same date to make the Market and then the Radio Course a full day out for those that wish to partake in both.
Regards
Lloyd

subzero
14-09-2004, 02:07 PM
For those of you wanting to get a bit of study in before the course and test, go to this link here. [smiley=book2.gif]

TOTALLY ignore the entire CHAPTER 11 section however. (Immarsat Systems)
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook/handbook2003.pdf

For details as to pass rates, number of questions etc go here [smiley=computer.gif]
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/obtain_cert.html

If you want to check out what the multiple choice questions are based on, go here
[smiley=help.gif]
http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/examinations/questions_exam_revision.pdf
Note!!!! This includes questions drawn from the entire handbook. Depending on wether you are going for the MROCP/MROVCP, (definitely not Chapter 11 Immarsat Systems) will depend on how much you have to be able to answer.
It will become an awfull lot clearer after the course ;D
Cheers Lloyd

Still some places left!!!!!!
Sunday 10th October, VMR Victoria Point

Cheech
14-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Lloyd,

I really do want to do a course, and the format would have been good to do it in a day considering I would be travelling from north side,,,, but to hold it on Bathurst Sunday.... Being a mad keen Ford V8 supporter there is only one place I will be, and that is in front of the tellie.

But please keep them going VMR Vicky Point. I am sure to get to one.

Cheech

subzero
14-09-2004, 03:31 PM
No worrys Cheech, you will still have time to slip over to the Boaties Market first, before settling in in front of the telly for the day ;D ;)

adamleah
14-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Lloyd,
I am still yet to do my exam, I completed the 2 nights training and paid my dues, however was unavailable to do the test the nights you had put aside...
Am I able to do the test with this group?

Regards Adam

subzero
15-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Yea sure thing Adamleah. If you live over near Daisy Hill and prefer it I can do it at anytime at homein the evenings if you wish to make it easier for you.
I just need time to order in the test papers from AMC and a date, otherwise confirm with me that you are happy to come down on October the 10th. Dont forget, I need a passport sized photo.
Cheers Lloyd

-spiro-
15-09-2004, 05:37 AM
Do they do these courses at Bribie VMR or on the northside of Brisbane?

subzero
15-09-2004, 11:56 AM
If you are from Bribie, Ring a bloke called Horrie Hunt at VMR Bribie. Top bloke, really clued up, he will sort something out for you I am sure.

FOR ANYONE wanting to get there Radio License, almost all, VMR, Coastguard, RVCP, or Marine Rescue units do run radio courses for the public. Most will charge a premium as a means of fundraising to support their operations and good on them, we choose to do it at no cost and hope that on occassion someone might like to make a donation if and when they pass the test...... The main reason we do not charge any more than the actual cost is that it is considered by us that it is important that people learn to do things properly... it benefits us in the long run, and we understand that the initial cost ($65-00) can be a bit of a struggle for some people....

Not sure a name to contact over the Northside, but like I was saying, contact either your local VMR or Coastguard, they will look after you.
All the best Spiro, and good luck with your MROCP/MROVCP when you go for it

One other thing I should mention, it is not ABSOLUTELY nessecary to attend a course. Some people buy the book only and study it and arrange for the test only. Others study it online at http://www.amcom.amc.edu.au/handbook/handbook2003.pdf
Arrangements have to be made to do the test in advance however as test papers have to be ordered in, and must be returned within 10 days. You open the sealed test papers, re-seal them, and we send them away with your photo and the loot, hopefully you pass and get your lifetime license. (Some find it easy, some find it hard)
Kind Regards
Lloyd

adamleah
16-09-2004, 04:38 PM
I live at Wellington Point , so would preferably do it when this class does theres...Will they be completing it on the sunday? or will it be 2 weeks later ? I am unavailable Tuesdays nights if so?

Regards

Adam

subzero
16-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Gidday Adam,
Those that choose to sit the test at the end of the course are more than welcome too.
As the course is NOT a mandatory requirement of the AMC and ACA, both the test and the course can be done on the same day. For those wanting to do a bit more study, the test would have to be done one night the following week as all test papers must be returned together within 10 days of me having recieved them... if Tuesday nights are out for you, I could make it a Wednesday night.

With it just being the test in your case, I can almost certainly do it at any part throughout the Saturday, (as long as we are not short of Skippers on Roster and I dont have to go on a job), or I should be finished the course by 3pm Sunday and most of the rest will be doing the test then
Let me know what you want to do.
Cheers Lloyd

adamleah
16-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Ill let you know this weekend....
I have to check up the books and see how good my memory is...

Speak Soon

Adam

Black_Rat
16-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Heresa CHEERS to VMR Vickey Point
To Lloyd,
If any doubt ring your local VMR ;) ;) ;) ;D :o

Black_Rat
16-09-2004, 07:34 PM
I've descidded to do this course because my rat mates willl count on it one day. And to do the right thing by rum biatchesssss

Black_Rat
16-09-2004, 07:35 PM
excuss me

Jack_Lives_Here
17-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Hey Lloyd - best you pencil me in for this one. Sent away for the book and have been giving it a look over.
I'd prefer to do the course and test on same day.

subzero
17-09-2004, 01:41 PM
No worrys Jack, can you give me a ring on 0403539485 or 32083600 so I can quickly run through a couple of things with you.

subzero
20-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Jack Lives Here, need you to give me a ring so I can cofirm which test you want to sit for... MROCP or MROVCP
Numbers above in my last post
Cheers Lloyd
mailto:lloyd@vmr.org.au

subzero
21-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Thats it folks.... :-[ its all full up apart from those yet to contact or confirm with me their attendance...
for those 3 from this site that are waiting to make a final decision on their intentions let me know asap, i have included you in the final count.... ??? Currently I have 15, thats full capacity. ;D Any late cancellations and I will throw it open again to you guys at Ausfish
Regards Lloyd

subzero
10-10-2004, 02:30 PM
See you all in the morning.
Dont forget your passport photos.
For those of you wishing a couple more days to study I have sat aside Weds night at 7pm at Victoria Point.... I will be returning ALL test papers on Thursday morning by courier for marking by A.M.C.
Looking forward to meeting some more of you blokes from Ausfish
Regards Lloyd

Payneful
11-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Lloyd

First of all thanks. The course was run professionally and was very informative. Would recommend it to anyone who has a radio onboard. You made the rather 'dry' material interesting and your stories of real life scenarios helped in the learning process.

Cheers

Sam.

Barry
12-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Hey Lloyd

Thanks again for a very interesting day and the hospitality of VMRVP.I also thought the course was held very professionally and although was a whole day seemed to go quite quickley. I would think the the course would be very helpful to the general 27 meg users aswell . Because if you know the procedures you would be more confident in using the radio . eg Logging on,etc.

Barry.

Black_Rat
12-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Thanks Llyod (subzero),

For the great day & I would recommend it to anyone who has a 27Meg or VHF radio and hasn't done the course. Good to catch up with fellow Ausfishes JackLivesHere, Ezfish, Payneful and 25 ponies and put a face to a name. #;) We'll worth doing. ;D
Damien.

subzero
13-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Thanks fellas. Enjoyed the day myself and like Black_Rat was saying it was good to meet up with all you blokes and put a nick name to a face...
Remember, dont start chewing your fingernails untill 2 weeks from this Thursday as I still have 2 people to sit the test, and 2 that have to bring me their passport photo's so they havent been sent off yet...
Like you say Ezyfish, totally agree, the course would be beneficial to all users of 2 way radios including 27meg...
All the best fellas
Safe boating
Cheers Lloyd

Black_Rat
21-10-2004, 09:25 PM
bump !! #;D so how did I go #[smiley=smash.gif] [smiley=gossip.gif] [smiley=gossip.gif] not sure now #;D ;D

subzero
22-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Gidday Damo, dont stress just yet... ;D
I dont expect to hear back from AMC untill probably about next Thursday, Friday...
Unfortunately, the papers never ended up going back for marking untill the following Monday as one of the people who sat the test on the Wednesday night didnt bring a photo so we were held up untill he got it in to us. [smiley=freak.gif]
Sorry about the delay, wasnt much I could do about it unfortunately.... beleive it or not, I get probably just as anxious as everyone else while waiting to see how everyone went
We will all receive the results basicly at the same time... pass or "N.Y.C"
Fingers crossed
All the best, Cheers Lloyd

Lucky_Phill
22-10-2004, 01:26 PM
If any Ausfish member gets less than 95%, make them do it again Lloyd. ;D ;D ::) :-X

Cheers Phill

Payneful
22-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Give us a break Phil .... I don't think anyone who sat the exam that day had seen the handbook before!

bugman
23-10-2004, 04:04 AM
I got more than that Phil ;D ;D ;D ;D

25_ponies
23-10-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm starting to think that my choice of doing the MROCP rather than the MROVCP might have been slightly ill-conceived......

Anyway, will find out in a couple of weeks I guess.

Black_Rat
24-10-2004, 06:52 AM
95 % :o there were a few curley questions thrown in the test so if anyone got 95% or better is doing well ! ;D
Damo.

25_ponies
28-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Yaaaaayyyy !!!!! :D :D ;D ;D ;D :o

I passed - shiny blue license turned up in the post today.

Thanks again Lloyd for your expert tuition on the day and also to VMR Vicky Pt for the use of the facilities.

Still can't believe I actually arsed it in. MROCP for 25_ponies, who would have thought.....

Black_Rat
28-10-2004, 08:59 AM
[smiley=laola.gif] well done 25 ! hope mines in the post too >:(

Payneful
28-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Wooohooo .... MROCP for me!

Thanks Lloyd!!!

Black_Rat
29-10-2004, 03:29 AM
Ye Ha ! ;D MROVCP for me :) Llyod have you got our test scores yet, not that it really matters just curious ;) Cheers.
Damo.

subzero
29-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Sure have, just got them.
Congratulations to all you blokes. [smiley=balloon3.gif]
Jack lives here, what a man!!!!!
90% in first section 100% in second section.... Top of the class....[smiley=scholar.gif]
Most people scored very well in section B, a couple struglled with section A a bit
I guess I need to do more work in that area especially because that is the life and death part...[smiley=oops.gif]
If you want your individual results pm me and I will send them to you.
Once again, congratulations and well done

[smiley=laola.gif]

subzero
29-10-2004, 11:40 AM
By the way Paynefull, special mention to you too, 100% in the first section [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]