PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Party Publicity

bidkev
29-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Bloody Good! The Fishing Party made it on to 7 news. It was stated that the preferences helped obtain a Senate Majority for the Coalition and they then showed the Fishing Party office and mentioned the zoning of the reef. Didn't catch it fully (kids screaming to be fed) :-)

What a bloody good start!.........Payback time! :-)

cheers

kev

kc
29-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Funny old world Kev hey. How the worm has turned. Most political parties and the mainstream press treated us as a joke during the election.............& now the jokes on them. He who laughs last !!!

We have had press all over us the last few days, all wanting to know...where we came from. Answer is, we were there all the bloody time...all you had to do was get your head out of your backside and look around.

This has been the spingboard to something pretty terrific for the political clout of rec fishing and never again we they be game to kick the sh%$# out of us without suffering the consequences.

Regards

KC

Fitzy
29-10-2004, 07:30 PM
KC,
As I wrote elsewhere...

Fishos didnt start the crap, it was forced onto us. However the battle is now joined, we are committed to standing up for our rights & we wont go down without a fight.
A one horse race on environmental issues it aint no longer! Take note!

Good on you & the Fishing Party KC. A credit to you & the party faithful. Next time round who knows??
fitzy..

Black_Rat
29-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Yep how good is it, vote one 'The Fishing Party' & i SPREAD THE WORD ;D
A Final say we hope KC lets support us !!
Damo

Black_Rat
29-10-2004, 07:54 PM
See above ::) :P

caston
29-10-2004, 07:55 PM
good to see a political party that actually stands for something that your average bloke really cares about.
would love to use the other pollies as bearly , but id say the fish would not come near them because they have taste

kc
30-10-2004, 02:25 AM
Over the last few days we have been in The Australian 4 days running, the courier mail, front page of the melbourne Age and both 9 & 7 TV nationally plus a heap of regional papers, ABC radio and a few others. This has certainly raised our profile but is not worth squat if we can't follow through with action.

I know a lot of people have been sitting on the fence adopting a "wait & see" approach about joining up. Well it's time!!

We have shown we can actually make a difference and now need LOTS of members so we can move forward. 30,000 fishos took the time to send in submissions to GBRMPA and there are 800,000 fisho in Qld. Stand up and be counted guys(& girls). Get involved, help us form policies which mater and give us a membership base which just can't be ignored.
We are on the treshold of forming a recreational fishing movement to rival the Green Party but to do this effectively and offer a real alternative we need a much broader base of membership and policy ideas. We "got lucky" this election but with, more ideas & more combined knowledge we can take this forward. If you are already a member, get 3 mates to join and if your not...well...what are you waiting for???

Wouldn't it be nice in 10 years time to be able to say, "I was part of a political movement which actually made a diference for the little guy".

Regards

KC

notts_so
30-10-2004, 02:40 AM
I know a lot of people have been sitting on the fence adopting a "wait & see" approach about joining up. Well it's time!!

. If you are already a member, get 3 mates to join and if your not...well...what are you waiting for???

Wouldn't it be nice in 10 years time to be able to say, "I was part of a political movement which actually made a diference for the little guy".

Regards

KC
No truer words spoken KC long live the fishing party ;) :D ;D :) 8)