PDA

View Full Version : NQ MEET & GREET

megafish71
06-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Just wondering are we still going ahead with a Meet & greet for 30th and the 31st of October. This was the date put forward when the last one was postponed due to bad weather etc. If we are going ahead with this I think we should all get in a book some accommodation in Cardwell as this weekends tides are good and it is the last weekend of the season for Barra. I'd reckon that Cardwell will be a busy little town that weekend. So all you NQ Ausfishers let us know what you think and lets plan something.

Cheers Ron

Dr_Dan
06-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Would be keen if I can find someone to crew with? (hint hint hint!) How bout an offer ron? ;D
Dan

megafish71
06-10-2004, 04:51 PM
If all goes ahead Dan, the previous offer still stands mate. Hope the weather is good for us this time.

Ron

Dr_Dan
06-10-2004, 06:00 PM
;D ;D ;D

Keep us posted

How you go on the weekend ron?

old_mate_china
07-10-2004, 08:58 AM
8) I'm up for it. It competes with Tinaroo barra bash but if you want to catch edible fish and avoid the crowd, Tinaroo aint the place top be 8)

Dr_Dan
07-10-2004, 09:09 AM
There isn't any fish in tinaroo anyhow! Well, none that I've caught anyhow. ;)

cooky
07-10-2004, 09:41 AM
heh Ron - now that I've got the boat I am interested - pending permission to leave the house of course.

Don't know a hell of a lot about fishing, but enough to catch the odd one or two - oh and I can drink beer.... is that enough?

SNELLY
07-10-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm a starter and Daintree Boy said he was keen for this one

I would prefer 23rd & 24th Tides for Inshore but I will go with the concensus

Snelly

Daintreeboy
07-10-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm still in but my girlfriend has a birthday party on the 23rd #$%^# it. Any other weekend after until the end of the year is fine with me. I would like to go during good tides but whatever suits everyone else is fine.
Cheers, Mark.

megafish71
07-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Well guys I'd be hard pressed to make it for the 23rd & 24, Mark can't make it that weekend either. So we'll wait and see who else is interested and what dates suit them. But we better get something sorted soon or we all will be sleeping under a coconut tree. ;D ;D

I say we just make it the 30th and 31st and plan for a big weekend away. If we catch some fish than it will be a bonus.

Cheers Ron

megafish71
07-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey Dan
If I told you how we went on the weekend, I'd have to kill ya :D :D

Only joking mate. Just little stuff and a lot of undersized trout. I guess the live trouters have just been through this area. But a great day all the same, spent most of the day sitting on a sand cay and swimming with the fishies. Beats a Saturday at work, and not much to clean on the boat.

Ron

SNELLY
08-10-2004, 04:29 AM
OK with ME
Lets make it a date 30 & 31th it is

Daintree you right then ?

Snelly

SNELLY
08-10-2004, 04:34 AM
Spoke to a mate who fished out of Cardwell after the moon #a couple of weeks ago and he got 10 Barra's and had plenty of more hits for the day so even on the smaller tides it should still be OK and I would think that the Bay should be good at this time of year.

But lets hope for for really great weather so we can get to Kennedy and/or Otter and play with the GT's again - Hey Paul there is at least one out there with your name on it

megafish71
08-10-2004, 04:49 AM
Ok
Have booked a villa at the Beachcomber for that weekend.
Same deal as last time China and Dan. Now that I've sorted the accom it's up to you two blokes to sort out the weather. ;D ;D ;D.

The Beachcomber still has vacancies, but the lady there is expecting that weekend will be quite busy, so book early.

See all you guys there.

Cheers Ron

Dr_Dan
08-10-2004, 08:50 AM
OOGABOOGAWOOGA!

There you are ron. Now the weather will be fine. DOne my part! ;)

Dan

Daintreeboy
08-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah I should be OK with those dates, would have liked better tides but hopefully the weather will make up for it, plus some beers lol. Moffy may post here as he wants to come but has no boat so if anyone wants a deckie, chase him up. He can't fish real well but is good at pulling the anchor (that should be good for a laugh) ;D [smiley=chinese.gif] [smiley=devil.gif]

nonibbles
08-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Love to Snelly except, well... what can I say? ...Ball & Chain - again ::) I suppose I owe her big time still :'( :-*

nonibbles
08-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Love to Snelly except, well... what can I say? ...Ball & Chain - again ::) I suppose I owe her big time still :'( :-*

Dr_Dan
08-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Your a sucker paul ;D ;D ;D

Moffy
09-10-2004, 09:28 AM
only good as an anchor boy hey - we'll see Daintree Boy. :P Won't be that weekend unfortunately though - just remembered I have to go to a wedding here in Cairns that
Saturday afternoon.

would be a good weekend though - have a ball guys.

megafish71
10-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Sorry to here you can't make it Moffy and Paul. I'm sure somebody will have a beer or two for you guys. Hey Cooky have you got your leave pass yet. And what happened to the rest of the Townville guys, have you all become shy, or don't you guys want to be out fished by the northern guys ;D ;D

Ron

old_mate_china
11-10-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm not up to speed with the hows or whens of politics but I'm sure that we can solve the problems of the world ...or at least the fishing party, after a day in the sun and handful of gold cans. :D :D

as far as the weather - :-/ :-/ ... well it seems Dan has that under control, so I'll just have to work on the fish gods. 8) 8) 8)...It worked last time (but that was too long ago !!!)

See ya's on the 30th.

Lee

Mad_Barry
12-10-2004, 04:10 AM
No can do this time fella's, got a few weekends away already ready planned for oct/nov.

cooky
12-10-2004, 04:51 AM
Megafish - I haven't dared ask the wife at present - the mere suggestion might invite something thrown at me. The new born is finally starting to improve the sleeping pattern at night (last couple days). Wife much, much better - gave her short notice that I was going out in boat saturday morning (around Magnetic Island) - she was surprisingly encouraging (must want to buy something expensive very soon). ;D
A mate has asked me to his beach house at Cape Upstart around that time (next few weeks), but he may be interested in going up to Hinshinbrook instead - just have to see how I go.

megafish71
13-10-2004, 04:24 AM
Just had a look at a long range weather forecast, as far ahead as it can see at the moment 28/10 looking at having 5 to 10 knot NE winds. Heres hoping that this long range forecast is true, should make for some great fishing conditions offshore.

Ron

Dr_Dan
13-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Told ya my magic would work!

Fingers crossed!

Barrymundi
13-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi Ron,

What are you using for the long range forcast ?

Al

megafish71
13-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Gday Al

The long range forecast I use is via Bouy weather, its a function available through bouy weather pro. Cost about $30 a year, but the info is great. There is also a water temps available so should come in handy to find the warmer currents for chasing billfish.
How did you go with the baitboard? and are we going to see you in Cardwell at the end of the month.

Ron

SNELLY
14-10-2004, 04:18 AM
Robbo - are you a starter ?

AL NFI - are you coming ?

Barrymundi
14-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks Ron,

Baitboard is in the shed, been very busy.

October weekend is the ANSA Townsville Challenge Weekend. Think I will be fishing around Townsville that weekend, unless I manage a spot on somebodys boat on the Saturday.

Buoy Weather ! how accurate do you find it ? The seven day forcast seems a bit crystal ball.

Regards

Al

megafish71
14-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Al

Buoy weather is a bit of a crystal ball, seven day forcast ok about 75% of the time, but the long range forcast not that accurate. The long range forcast seems to change daily, just have to wait and see if Dr Dans magic works, if not and its a bit rough than its going to be a bit uncomfortable, cause Im going fishing.

Cheers Ron

Robbo_Townsville
14-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Love to come along fellas but cannot committ just yet. Bloody silly season on its way with work functions, missus work functions, etc etc.

old_mate_china
16-10-2004, 10:52 AM
I just remember the posts after we cancelled last time :-[ ....lots of juvenile barra :o, lots of hookups :o :o, good weekend away ??? ??? ...blah blah blah.

I havent had a good fish for months and I gotta say Im not happy about that !!
I'm with RON, bring it on baby - Rain, Hail and Bumpy bra strings. [smiley=laola.gif]

megafish71
16-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Bumpy Bra strings ??? I'm really starting to wonder about you CHINA ??? ??? ::) :P

Robbo_Townsville
17-10-2004, 12:42 PM
I am on fellas. Will bring a mate or two. Looking forward to it.

Cheers Robbo

SNELLY
19-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Good one Robbo

- It just would not be the same without the Sh1tfish king

Snelly

nonibbles
19-10-2004, 06:04 AM
One big shovel to Snelly!!
Dig! Dig! Dig!

megafish71
19-10-2004, 06:15 AM
Bad news guys, the long range forecast is now saying 20kt SE for the weekend. I sure there are using a cook wheel to predict the weather. :-/ :-/

Better perform some more magic Dr Dan

Ron

Dr_Dan
19-10-2004, 07:08 AM
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
NOT AGAIN!!!!!!

notts_so
19-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Buoy weathers good but like any predictions there liable to change i use it reguraly but it always pays to check a couple days before hand

notts_so
19-10-2004, 07:46 AM
I might hed there when i get back from work and camp @ macushlu so leave some for me

old_mate_china
19-10-2004, 08:30 AM
I reckon we have to organise this a bit better for a Meet and greet session. Who knows a place to meet up around a BBQ - say around 7 -7.30 PM on Saturday night for a chat and a coldie . :D ;D :D

If we dont talk about that we will be all over channel and Reef waving at all and sundry but not really meeting anyone we want to. If we have the right place, I dont mind cooking the snags, fish, steaks etc [smiley=chef.gif] (or the Tofu for the franger flickin bream lovers ... ya never know with those fellas [smiley=helpa.gif]).

Just BYO and settle in.

Alternatively if the crowd wants to order the food - who knows a good spot. Last time I was in Cardwell , the pub put on a fair feed but I gotta say the $36 shout I got into wasnt all that healthy on the hip pocket by the end of the night. [smiley=wut.gif]

Any suggestions ?

SNELLY
19-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Lee,

At Beachcomber there are BBQ's - bacically in the middle of the park - BUT make sure you use it before Robbo Cooks his MIL AGAIN

You can also eat at the Restaurant the the beachcomber - otherwise if you want to drive there is a place called the Beach Hut that makes good Pizza and just about anything else you may want - They are BYO but getting a driver may be a problem

My pref would be for an earlier start

Snelly

Dr_Dan
19-10-2004, 08:39 AM
BBQ and a bevy at the park sounds good to me!

megafish71
19-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Yeh I'm up for a BBQ at the park, no hassles with having to drive anywhere. Hey Snelly, whats with Robbo cooking ??? or shouldn't I ask ;D ;D I think we all missed something from the last M & G. In Pauline famous words " PLEASE EXPLAIN" #;D ;D :P

notts_so
19-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Why not go to macushla on the island for the weekend and camp its got gas barby toilet and water you can fish all day meet and greet all night. By the way im only making suggestions for im at work that weekend.
All the best any way

SNELLY
19-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Ron,

At the M&G in FEB Robbo caught a Mother in Law or Slatey Beam and proceeded to cook it up on the BBQ for dinner and reckoned it was good eating

megafish71
19-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Oh I see, He will get on great with China then ;D ;D :P

Robbo_Townsville
19-10-2004, 03:09 PM
There is a guy down south who swears by them too. So keep ya cotton pickins off em

blaze
19-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Ok fellows looks like I am going to 1770 for feb 2005 M&G so I think you guys in NQ better think about a week long M&G for 2006 I will pencil it in the the grey matter, maybe 2007 you fellows can all come to tassie and I will get the bugman to help me put a week together to repay hospitality

Elcarpo where are ya, not that much further for you to come
cheers
blaze

Daintreeboy
19-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I reckon a dam is the next one, like Tinaroo and around the same time. Don't have to worry too much about the weather and a good time is assured but I'm always up for anything lol.
I've made sweet and sour out of slaty bream, great stuff. The next morning though it was awful. Not only do they not freeze, but they don't even last in the fridge!! Eat em fresh and they're fine.

Dr_Dan
20-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Hows't that weather lookin ron?

old_mate_china
20-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Geez Ron - I resemble that remark ;D ;D ;D

Whats the good of catchin em if you cant pass them off to your dear sweet beloved mother in Law. [smiley=iloveyou.gif]::) ::) and Geez Robbo - you can tell the head up their bums fellas that have lived all their lives in the good country, soakin up nothing but the best of the best. [smiley=smash.gif]

I was brought up on brown river water, yellow belly and eel tailed catfish. None of those are probably even a patch on a fresh out of the water Slatey......and we used to think it was good too.

Anyway

Dan and Ron - we need to talk bait !! I'm sharpening my hooks and toughening the hands for the next chinaman on board. Bring it on >>>>>> [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

max_power
20-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Tinaroo has too much traffic at the moment with the barra bash coming up in three odd weeks, what about koombooloomba dam?

TimNQ
22-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Hmm another m&g. Can't wait, maybe we can get out to the reef this time rob. Either way we can be kept occupied with some succulent mother in laws. Looks like there will be alot more attending this time then last time. Is krazy fisher coming again? or is he still sulking from the last m&g? :-X

PS off topic of fishing i came across this, this morning. Type 'miserable failure' into google search and click im feeling lucky. Predictable but funny.
While your at it type 'french military victories' and click the im feeling lucky link.

SNELLY
23-10-2004, 11:43 AM
OK , How does this sound for a timetable for next weekend

Not sure who is getting there on Friday night but I intend to travel down Saturday morning with the obligatory stop at Caltex Gordonvale for a Bacon Egg & Cheese jaffle

Saturday

7-00am Meet at the Ramp at the Marina

3-00pm Return to ramp and back to Cardwell Beachcomber
resort to clean up
4-00pm XXXX appreciation plus Ming & Ging etc

7-00pm BBQ at Park or Dinner at restaurant

7-30pm Robbo Allowed to cook whatever sh1t fish he has caught on the BBQ

Sunday

6-00am Depart ramp

return whenever to return home

What does everyone think ?

Snelly

megafish71
23-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Sounds good Snelly, but I intend to be on the water Saturday much earlier than 7am. But be back mid arvo for a coldie and a yarn. China and I are heading down on Friday and I think DR Dan is meeting us there Friday evening. Hey I think China wants to share Robbo's MIL with him this time. ;D ;D

See ya all there.
Only one more week

Ron

SNELLY
23-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Ron,

Thought you may have wanted to start a bit earlier.

Where I fish will depend on weather - If good I will go to Kennedy and/or Otter otherwise it will be in the Channel somewhere

Snelly

Daintreeboy
23-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Jon I'll give you a call Monday or thereabouts about gear etc. I reckon an arvo session next week to sort it out is on the cards ;)

Robbo_Townsville
23-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey China, maybe if we get a chance we can swap recipes.

Dr_Dan
23-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Ron

will be heading up on fri arvo

Lets hope the weather is going to hold out!

SNELLY
24-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Mark,

No probs give me a yell when you are ready

Snelly

SNELLY
26-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Ron,

Whats the weather outlook ?

Snelly

megafish71
26-10-2004, 04:34 AM
Weather not looking the best Snelly
Should be about 15kt SE all weekend, hope it gets down to 10kts.

Ron

Hey Snelly, did you get out on the weekend?

SNELLY
26-10-2004, 05:01 AM
Ron,

Fly Club outing yesterday went out from the Daintree to Snapper Island - no tuna but had a play around the Island and got some Stripies & Cods. Then headed to the Reef and got some more stripyes and Cod plus some good Lipper all good fun on the fly plus one hook up on something large - Headed straight for the open water and then bit me off.

Should still be good for a barra or three this weekend

Snelly

Dr_Dan
26-10-2004, 06:34 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!

WIND WIND GO AWAY!

Lets' hope it doesn't blow out too much.

Dr_Dan
28-10-2004, 06:50 AM
From the BOM today

For saturday, SE/NE 15knts.

Keep going down! :'(

megafish71
28-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Pssssssttt, hey everyone, pack more beer, snelly's having a birthday on Thursday. Might have to have a couple of extras to celebrate ;D ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNELLY [smiley=laola.gif]

Cheers Ron

Dr_Dan
28-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Ummmmmmmm, let me see. SHould i bring more beer?
Seems as good an excuse as any to have a few bevies!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SNELLY
28-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Ron,

You are very observant - should stop counting now - looking forward to a few cold gold on the weekend

Thanks mate

Snelly

Dr_Dan
28-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Latest from BOM.

Tropical Waters, Cardwell to Bowen:
Wednesday until midnight: E/NE winds 10/15 knots. Seas to 1.2 metres.
Thursday: E/NE winds about 10 knots, increasing to 15 knots in afternoon. Seas to 1.2 metres.
Friday: SE/E winds 10/15 knots, increasing to 15/20 knots through the afternoon.
Saturday: SE/E winds 20 knots, increasing 20/25 knots in the evening.

Hmmmmmmmmm, doesn't look very good? What's happening? :-/ :-/ :-/

Dr_Dan
29-10-2004, 02:50 PM
see you all there!

;D ;D ;D

Wild_Side
29-10-2004, 03:20 PM
I've got a spare seat on sat. if anyone is interested in flicking a few lures 8)

Wild Side

Robbo_Townsville
29-10-2004, 06:34 PM
How many of us are coming. So far I guess

Robbo Townsville - Brett
Tim NQ - Tim
Snelly - Smelly old bugga
Megafish71 - Ron
Daintree boy - Mark
Old mate china - ? sorry China

who else

megafish71
30-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Here's the latestes from buoyweather for the weekend, just click on the attachment.

And the latest from BOM
Friday until midnight: SE/E winds 10/15 knots, tending SE and increasing to
15/20 knots during the afternoon and evening. Seas 1.0 metre rising to 1.4
metres inside the reef. Seas rising to 1.7 metres outside the reef on a 1.5
metre SE swell.
Saturday: SE/E winds 15/20 knots. Seas to 1.4 metres inside the reef. Seas to
1.7 metres outside the reef on a 1.5 metre SE swell. Scattered showers.
Sunday: SE winds about 20 knots.
Monday: SE winds 15/20 knots.

Ron