PDA

View Full Version : Remember my lure question?

Nugget
29-10-2004, 04:35 AM
A few weeks ago I asked everyone what was their favourite lure.
I said then I had an undisclosed motive - the truth is I was writing an article for the Courier Mail.
I've put together a list of 24 favourite lures - some that were mentioned here are on the list and some aren't.
It's my selection - a range that covers from the surface to the bottom in metal, hard and soft body.
I'm sure many will disagree with those I've chosen but I think anyone with these in their tackle box should be ready for almost anything that swims - barring game fish.
The article should be in this Saturdays Courier Mail - It should be a full colour lift out with a photo of each lure - I haven't seen the end result.

This Sunday Talking Fishing on 4BC will be a 2 hour Show starting at 4am with the first hour dedicated to lures.
There will be interviews with lure makers and users.

Tune in if you're up that early.

Dave ><>

DaneCross
29-10-2004, 04:51 AM
Top stuff Dave, saw that advertised last night. I look forward to the read ;)
Dane

gunna
29-10-2004, 05:31 AM
And for those of us in the southern states who don't get the Courier Mail. Apparently its blocked at the border. Any chance of seeing the list sometime ?

CHRIS_aka_GWH
29-10-2004, 09:47 AM
send us a private pm gunna with ya adress & i'll mail the article to you.

copies of Dave's work are becoming collectors items in his twilight years. ;)

It should be a great talking point Dave, we all have our favorites based on or own experiences - we all have different experiences.

Lure manufacturers wait in anticipation.

It would be interesting to track lure sales of the lucky 24 post Saturday 30/10/04.

seeyainthesurf,
chris

Nugget
29-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Crikey - I'd hate to think anything I wrote was that influential!

Chris - just for you - I've also put together a series of lift outs on beaches.
I basically drove to every beach between here and Byron and wrote - from looking, memory and asking locals (and mates) a fishing description.

Not sure when it comes out but I believe it will be a three part series in booklet form.

... And more to come.

Gunna - PM me your email address and I'll send you what I submitted - no guarantee that’s what will come out in print on Sat though.

Dave ><>

basserman
29-10-2004, 01:57 PM
dave buddy hate to be a pain but i too would love to see the list

bloody hell this liveing in NSW stuff is startting to get hard :-X

Lucky_Phill
29-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Can't see the Lucky_Phill's mackmauler Slug, making the grade. Maybe next year !

I see the show goes for 2 hours Dave. NSW Daylight saving ?

Cheers Phill

Nugget
29-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Sorry mate - the Macmauler slugs didn't make it this time.

Yes the 2 hour Show is a result of daylight saving.

I'll PM you what I submitted.

Dave ><>

deb
29-10-2004, 02:33 PM
About the time the paper put some articles in on fishing!!!!!!!!, the standard 'reports' i'm sure are repeated every 6 weeks ;)

webby
29-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Does this mean we can phone and annoy you for 2 hours, and quiz the old brain ;D, did you include squid/yakka/mullet/divers/hardiheads/poddies/slimies in the best lures around ;D.

mackmauler
29-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Sorry mate - the Macmauler slugs didn't make it this time.
Dave ><>

thats harsh dave, phills one chance to be famous for something other than lycras ;D

gone :o

Burley_Boy
29-10-2004, 05:12 PM
On'ya Nugget thanks for the effort and I'll make sure to get the guide.
cheers
Joakim AKA Burley Boy

Dug
29-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Well done! how did you get the CM to pick up the story? I hope they pay more than their usual peanuts.

Cheers doug

Touchy - R.I.P.
30-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Webby,I heard on the grapevine only the other day that Phil is working on a mackmauler that SMELLS like squid/yakka/mullet/divers/hardiheads/poddies/slimies :o :-X,heh Phil, Just image one slug does 'em all :-X ;D ;D ;D ;D.Touchy.><>.

Nugget
30-10-2004, 01:32 AM
They sound great Touchy - I want one on toast Phil.
... On second thought, there's no way I'm going to eat Phil's slug.

Doug - they rung and asked me on this occasion.
Probably because a have a small fishing round up in there every week.
The editor of the Outdoor section (Mark Voisey) is a great bloke.

Dave ><>

CHRIS_aka_GWH
30-10-2004, 03:07 AM
Webby,I heard on the grapevine only the other day that Phil is working on a mackmauler that SMELLS like squid/yakka/mullet/divers/hardiheads/poddies/slimies :o :-X,heh Phil, Just image one slug does 'em all :-X ;D ;D ;D ;D.Touchy.><>.

what's he doin' Touchy, putting some wire & a treb on one of those "seafood" sticks ya buy at the takeaway :P ;D

chris

Touchy - R.I.P.
30-10-2004, 03:28 AM
SHADDUP CHRIS >:( :o 8),I thought I was the only one that had thought of that !! ;D. T ><>.

Sportfish_5
30-10-2004, 04:47 AM
Maybe Phil's worked out a way to fit oil soaked mini-lycras on the mackmauler slugs :-X :-X :-X :-X

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

gunna
30-10-2004, 08:19 AM
send us a private pm gunna with ya adress & i'll mail the article to you.

Thats a great offer Chris. I will save you the time & take up the offer to PM Nugget - but it was a top effort. The other list I always find interesting is the rundown of lures and colours that took fish in the Flathead Classic. Its difficult to find also unless Greeny writes an article somewhere. Nugget - PM is on its way.