PDA

View Full Version : OT Landscaper Needed

bidkev
30-10-2004, 05:53 AM
[smiley=helpa.gif]Anyone know of any Landscapers Northside, or prepared to work Northside? I spent 6 hours on the phone and trawling yellow pages 2 weeks ago and got only two guys prepared to qoute and they haven't yet got back to me with the qoute. [smiley=wut.gif]I know everyone is flat out atm, but here's hoping [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Link wall retainer and paving needs doing......the Deckie won't let me do it with my back, she needs it in good condition ;-)

cheers

kev

Render
30-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Kevvo,

Paul (Ratherbfishing) should have touched down on his quest to become an Amphibian by now.

AFAIK he's a landscaper. Lookin for work, too.

Give him a PM and get a proper English job done of it... none of yer jerry built, halfarsed Crim bodgeups ;)

Cheers,

R

straddie
30-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Was just going to suggest the same thing Render.

Big_Kev
31-10-2004, 03:00 AM
We should be all good at building stone walls, England sent all her best stonemasons here 200 years ago.
But then again how did that song go.
London bridge is falling down, falling down.
Kev -Jeffo is a landscaper maybe he will be interested. (sorry if I dobbed you in Jeff)
Cheers Kev.

jeffo
31-10-2004, 07:46 AM
hrmmm... nah ill be right... we got stacks on ATM as well. be hard to get some one before chrissy kev, and if you can get them you gotta wonder why :-/

bidkev
01-11-2004, 07:59 AM
hrmmm... nah ill be right... we got stacks on ATM as well. be hard to get some one before chrissy kev, and if you can get them you gotta wonder why :-/

Yeah! That's the worry jeffo......if they're quick to jump on board, you've gotta ask yourself why they ain't got work with this boom.

Mightn't happen for a while now. The house fill is at 1.4 metre and the council say that to retain that, and then add a 2m fence I need an engineer's cert and also have to apply for a relaxation of the 2m (total) ruling. First I have to get my neighbours to sign that they don't object. When I pointed out that my neighbours were vacant investment lots and I couldn't trace 'em, they said that they knew who they were but weren't allowed to disclose under the privacy act. I asked if *they* could contact 'em for me and they simply said that it wasn't their role to do that. ........How the cluck can I get 'em to sign that they don't object if no bugger will tell me who they are?........Freakin' Madness!

cheers

kev

jeffo
01-11-2004, 03:53 PM
can you put a second cut in kev? make 2 walls (keep both under a meter) and youll be laughing.

bidkev
02-11-2004, 05:42 AM
can you put a second cut in kev? make 2 walls #(keep both under a meter) and youll be laughing.

It's what's left of the whole perimeter mate (After zero lotting).........62metres. There's a pool shell in there also which is only reg distance from fenceline so terracing is out :-(

cheers

kev

jeffo
02-11-2004, 12:48 PM
hrmm. thats a dilly of a pickle!!

bidkev
02-11-2004, 12:59 PM
It's what's left of the whole perimeter mate (After zero lotting).........62metres. There's a pool shell in there also which is only reg distance from fenceline so terracing is out :-(

cheers

kev

Me mates just cut the perimeter with his bobcat. Not as bad as it seems, as the perimeter near the pool doesn't need retaining. Just applied for that relaxation of the 2 metre fence rule....going for 1m retainer and 2m fence and then I'll do a small retainer inside that as you suggested. 432 bucks for them to process my application!!!! must take 'em all of 10 mins!

Me problem 1, The pool is just off pic in left hand corner

bidkev
02-11-2004, 01:04 PM
The rear of the pool does need retaining as you can see. 1 metre retainer leaves only 1m of fencing under normal rules which would have us standing above the fence line when at the pool......don't want 'em seeing my deckie when she's baking. I've told the council she's a health hazard ;-) so wiith any luck, they'll approve 2 metres