PDA

View Full Version : Bream Grand Final Blame The Locals

breambanger
01-11-2004, 05:51 AM
Interesting to here one competitors comments when being interviewed at weighin yesterday. Saying its getting harder to catch fish because all the locals are fishing in and around the oyster leases.They never used to fish there before we started coming here " wrong". Ican tell you mate that a lot of locals have been fishing in and around these leases with lures both soft and hard bodies, for years before these bream comps ever started. Of cause there is a lot more anglers taking up the sport since these comps started,why not what a great sport. This lake cops a flogging since these comps started theres been 3 comps here this year with an average of 80 anglers at a time not to mention that vertualy 52 weeks of the year there are boats here trying to catch Forsters prize bream.So please don't blame the locals if they are lure shy.Hope you have better luck next year.

breambanger

NQCairns
01-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Yeah not much new in the art of fishing. 25 to 35 years ago my father used to cast those small floppy lures around the leases when we were on holidays from a flat bottomed aluminium boat with his crouch(sp) reel (wish I had that reel now). I guess those with 10 years experience hear the marketing and think an idea is new when it is just a variation on an well known but old theme. Is there anything new to the common fisherman in the last 20 years? nq

basserman
01-11-2004, 07:18 AM
yep if ya saw bushys or starfishes faces it told ya the story
i don't think it was so much anyone fault at all
it was just hard fishing and alot of these blokes aren't used to that

i need to say but this is one resone i will not take part in a ABT comp too many winging old sods ;D
it is much niced just to fish for the fun with mates ;D

clutter
01-11-2004, 05:51 PM
I don't think anyone was actually having a winge but just stating that down there, like just about everywhere these days its getting harder to fish as more and more people are getting into fishing, nothing wrong with that.

Clutter

Jeremy
02-11-2004, 03:31 AM
hey breambanger, are you related to shazbanger [smiley=huh2.gif]

Jeremy ;D

basserman
02-11-2004, 07:14 AM
yeh but their is alot of wingeing that does happen at these comps but thats like alot of sports
alot of people forget why they do it and just think about the winning and $$$$s ;D

breambanger
02-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Sorry Jeremy not related to Shazbanger

breambanger