PDA

View Full Version : Balgal Beach Fishing Comp Nov 6

whiteman
31-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Thuringowa Council has organised with my fishing club to host a fishing comp on Nov 6 on the beachfront at Fishermans Landing. This is one of the many events which make up the BIG WEEKEND (opening of stinger net, car rally, Shrek II in the park, etc).

Entry is free but we want 2 generations to compete: parent/child, grandparent/grandchild, uncles/aunties/nephews - you get the picture.

Registration from 1.30pm and comp is between 2-5pm. Catch and release.

We have great prizes including 2 x Catchinbarra passes ($200) and $400 of tackle vouchers from Pro Tackle.

Get down there for a great afternoon of fishing at one of the world's most pleasant beachfronts. You might win big with one fish! Bring your own tackle and bait. Then stay around to watch Shrek in the Park.

ssbayguide
01-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Hi Whiteman

Hopes it goes well.

I miss fishing the shoals off Saunders and Balgal Beach and wish I could be there!

notts_so
01-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Sign me up ill bring the daughter she has a bad habbit of out fishin dear old dad at these tournaments >:(

notts_so
01-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Might even get the deckie to bring the young bull . And maybe whiteman may share his finger mark spot with me :-X :-XPromise it will be between me you and the fence post

whiteman
02-11-2004, 09:17 AM
nott_so, look forward to seeing you up there. I'll be on the registration desk and possibly not fishing although my kids will be keen to have a parent to help them win one of the prizes.

As for Fingermark spots, launch at Rollingstone Creek, go out 2-4km, turn left or right, search for bait scholls - you'll find the Fingermark somewhere in the next 10km.

ssbayguide
02-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Shhhhh!

Trade Secrets!

notts_so
02-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Whiteman itwill be good to se you there and your youngen can come wet a line with me i might be able to get the exact spot from them lol
notts so ;D ;D ;D