PDA

View Full Version : where did you meet ur missus???

bazzaman
30-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Just a mysterious Question.......I thought of the idea from kingtins "the verminators" response to the work thread! I cant tell you where i met my missus cause i dont have one!!! Had them and now dont have them........i must be the luckiest man alive!!! :P :P ::) ::)

Shane

subzero
30-10-2004, 10:57 PM
35 years ago, walking to table tennis while still at high school, she was walking a mongrel pooch that she was looking after for one of her parents friends.
It bit me on the ankle [smiley=furious2.gif] as I passed it and we got talking, god I would have killed that dog on the spot[smiley=rifle.gif] if I had known the trouble it was gonna cause me... sigh 35 years on of nagging [smiley=whip.gif] still married as now I will have to retrain on cooking and ironing for myself... na bugger it, I think I will stick out another 35 with the old bat[smiley=freak.gif], to old to learn new tricks ;D ;)

notts_so
31-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Met mine 13yrs ago she was a cheer leader at my footy club after a big night on turps and fighting off half the side (ie issac) I got the pleasure of carrying / dragging this young drunken lady home 13 yrs latter 2 kids 1 morgage im still with her and wouldent have it any other way

charleville
31-10-2004, 04:05 AM
Met mine 1971. Saturday night walking along George Street in Brisbane, saw this really nice looking girl walking with her friend. Followed them into the then Lands Office Hotel nightclub...asked her for a dance. Celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary three weeks ago. Absolutely opposite personality to me and oh so conservative on some things but I still find her so attractive. Me - I am now fat, bald, and have no idea bout who any of the faces are that appear in the womens magazines or on AFI awards, grammy awards etc. But I do know who Webby, Nugget, Harro, Starlo and Rexy are.

caloundra
31-10-2004, 05:51 AM
we both worked in a supermarket packing shelves as young kids once the boss found out we were an item she transfered me to a different store and told my wife's father that i was no good for his daughter.that was 10 years ago in sydney.
about 6 months ago our old boss walked into our shop once she saw that we were still together happerly married with 3 kids and one on the way and our own business she quickly left :-[
i guess we had the last laugh :D

Daniel

MulletMan
31-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Met mine at the Royal Queenslanmd Aero Club bar after flogging little planes round all day. She was stunned by my good looks, charisma, charm (understandable) of course and we are still in love after some 33 years! Yee haa!

ssbayguide
31-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Royal Exchange Beer Garden, Toowong. Need I say more?

The first meeting took place 3 Days after my return from Seven Spirit Bay, where I worked as a bushwalking/fishing guide. Married 9 years, no kids and still trying to get back to Seven Spirit Bay >:(.

She's a chef and I'm a Marine Biologist who's spent too much time behind a desk. Gotta get back to my real job!

Before anyone says "Geez, it must be great being married to a chef", let mre reassure you that it isn't - do you think someone who cooks for a living wants to do the same when they get home? :)

jimbamb
31-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Geez fellas,
this is supposed to be a happy site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who needs remindin of his stupid mistakes ,made when full of syrup and bad manners................
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh still wouldn't have it any other way i guess...
who else would look after a silly ol bugger like me anyway.

Fishinmishin
31-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Met her at my freinds 18th B-Day party. A year down from me in school but never knew her then. My story is that she couldn't keep her hands off me after a hour or so after meeting and talking [smiley=love.gif], but her story is I couldn't keep my hands off her. Both too young and drunk to know the truth. Thought that was it, but at the next friends party, there she was again (stalker [smiley=curtain.gif]- just kidding). Well after being one of the first I've taken home to see my family and when my mum and sisters decided they liked her better than me and told me they would dis-own me if I left her, there was no escape. Truely, I don't mind a wife joke or two on this site but she's "the catch of my life" [smiley=smitten.gif]. She took me at my baddest [smiley=cool2.gif] and worst point [smiley=evil3.gif] and with her help I'm in a pretty good spot. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] No tag and release for this one. [smiley=heart.gif] She's a good deckie, she can do any of the boy stuff without complaining; baiting, gutting, camping and beer drinking, and she's still all lady. [smiley=gorgeous.gif]
Best point- She puts up with me [smiley=stupid.gif]
Worst point- The fish like striking her hooks better than mine [smiley=angryfire.gif]

blaze
31-10-2004, 07:55 AM
went to school with mine, she was a bitch in them days, not the sort of girl a virile young fellow wanting to sow his oats wanted to know.
She use to knock about with my older sister, got on with my parents and they thought she was a lovely girl.
Any way I was working away about 4 years later and went home to see the P's for the weekend, got bored and asked who the girls were still single, they said give that nice girl Therese a ring.
I thought, that bitch, why not
Rung her up, married inside 12 months, still married 20 odd years later, 3 kids all grown up.
cheers
blaze

agnes_jack
31-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Met mine in a pub about 26years ago, never looked back.
I reckon she is the best wife possible. She let me move to 1770 and buy a tackle shop. They don't get any better than............
Perfect!

Regards, Tony [smiley=heart.gif]

ssbayguide
31-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Agnes Jack

Need a fishing guide and chef?

bungie
31-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Met mine nearly ten years ago on the IRC Undernet.

Mick
31-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Which missus? ;D You'll have to be more specific. 8) Oh no, hope they arn't reading this :o Just kiddin!

cooky
31-10-2004, 01:16 PM
seems to be a common theme on this site - maybe an aussie icon - meet u missus pissed.
I met mine 9 years ago pissed as... at the local nightclub. She reckons I gave her my business card as said "call me" I still don't believe I wouldn't have been such a fhead.... ::)
She didn't, but I called her.
I was in a shaggin stage of my life after breakin up with a long termer 6 months earlier. Was having an absolute ball.. she turned me though - stunning...
Anyway got married two years ago and 2 kids in 18months - now I'm f**ked aren't I? :-
We pretty much opposite in some ways - have plenty of arguments (or animated discussions), but always challenging and that makes life fun.
She's not keen on fishing (great!!! ;D) - so I can get away with the boys, but loves camping which is fantastic because that suprises people (she's definitely a girl - the clothes, hair, and all that - was a flight attendant)....

Anyway it's sat avo - I'm half pissed as it is. must go before I write a novel.

Dug
31-10-2004, 01:37 PM
1980 Canberra dive club meeting mongrel cold wet winters night. She put her sheep skin jacket on mine they started to mate so i grabbed both of the jackets fell about on the floor trying to wrestle them apart Yelling "you stupid woman look what you started. Eric! down Eric, bad jacket, Let it go Bad jacket!!" she thought I was completely mad and now she is sure of it. As long as I take the medication she will stay.
she is a beautiful woman, we went out on one date and that was it moved in together and the rest as they say is history:-)

She was working in the drug and alcohol rehab center at the time so we usually tell people that is where we met!

major-defect
02-11-2004, 07:35 PM
I met Mrs defect in feb 1990.I had gone to Tully looking for work on the bananas to do between seimic jobs.Iwas staying at the bottpm pub{mt tyson hotel}and so were she and her friend.They were backpackers from wales they'd only been in aus 2weeks.We backpacked round some of aus for a year.She had to go home so we had to have a long distance relationship for a year. I then went and lived in wales for a couple of years and marrieing mrs defect.We came back to brissie no work!So it was to tully then mission beach.Theres valways work here.We hav our own house here know 2 beautiful girls and we'll be married 13yrs in dec

Brenno
03-11-2004, 06:46 AM
first saw mine at touch footy, in Nov, then bumped into her 3 months later in the food court below my work. told her where i worked, then went our own ways.

when i came back from lunch one of the girls said she had a Christine on the phone, never gave her my number, said she remembered where i worked and called me.

she's the one that got me back into fishing (used to go all the time as a kid) now she complains that i'm spending more money on fishing gear then on her.

has represented Australia in track and field was contracted as a model, us to work in clubs as a promo girl wearing hot pants and a top. and she came after me???

she comes fishing some times, and puts her own hooks and bait on and takes her fish off, which is more then a few mates of mine can do

mark

dnej
03-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Met my betrothed, while I was sky diving at Beaudesert. Rather my 2.5 year old daughter, from a previous disaster, met her first.
That was 31 years ago. Sunday school teacher. Said I was looking to take my daughter to Sunday school, and said I would see her next week.
Rocked up the next Sunday, and the rest is history.

During the week, I Used to wait up the road till the boyfriend dropped her home,to her parents place, then I would drop in.( " saw your light on , thought I would drop in for a coffee").
Life is funny, is it not?
David

agnes_jack
04-11-2004, 10:56 AM
SSbayguide
The Chef would be handy!
The guide too, if you have boat and necesary tickets!

Regards, Tony ;)

seafox
04-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Met mine on a blind date that my sister set up that was about 20 odd years ago
I haven’t spoken to my sister since.

reef05
04-11-2004, 12:40 PM
I met the missus at Rainbow beach I was an apprentice baker and she had come to work in the cafe attached to the business.The boss had an appartment that staff could rent so we were living together as well,now it's been 13 years and she lets me do just about anything I want to.We also have two kids(twins). ;D

PinHead
04-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Pissed...trying to start a fight..and look what happened..25 years later..bloody hell...was single and carefree then..now living with the Minister for War..what did I do wrong to deserve this?

Kiktz
05-11-2004, 05:20 AM
Mum & Dad's garage at 6 in the morning. Just woke up and this Chicky was there with my Big Sister........ Got married in march after 5 year together.

bidkev
05-11-2004, 05:53 AM
Met the deckie at a Naval/Marinecadet camp where I was a climbing instructor. She had given up her annual leave to work for nothing with these kids. I'd seen 'er driving four tonners and she used to wave to me as she dropped off the kids. I thought, "bloody dyke"! Mentioned it to one of the other instructors and he replied, "yeah, I've seen 'er in the bar and she drinks bloody pints of heavy"!

Anyway, she climbed out of the truck one day and I thought she was a stunner......me 36, single with 3 kids and her only 24 and loved kids :-) I thought "no way, is she a dyke". She asked if I could show her how to absail but only if I tandemed with her. I clipped onto the same rope and stood behind her. She made little leaps instead of those long gliding ones and her arse kept bouncing against me. Percy reared his ugly head and I knew then that I was in love :-)

We used to meet at these camps about every 4 months or so and whenever she was on weekend off she'd drive 600k's on the friday to see me, and return Sunday night to start work Monday. I thought, "bloody hell, she's keen" :-)

One day we were in this climbers pub in the Lake District and we'd asked the landlord if the kids could come in with us if we bought 'em all a bag of chips and a coke and he agreed. All of us were covered in shit from a day in the mountains and she looked like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards :-)The pub was full of paratroopers who were teaching the kids to play pool and good naturedly taking the piss as to why they wanted to join the Royal Marines when the Paras could whip the shit out of them.........really nice atmosphere.

I saw the prospective deckie whisper something to the landlord and thought, "the bugger's up to something" She went to the Juke box and the next thing it's playing "Wonderful tonight" by Eric Clapton which was one of our favourites, and then the landlord called for silence. The next thing I know, she's on her knees at my feet asking me to marry her. I was pissed and immediately said yes. The pub erupted and the free grog kept coming our way.

She left the navy, took my kids on board, the oldest being only 8 yrs younger than her, and we went everywhere, and did everything together. She was the first woman to do a Royal Marine climbing course and she did her level best to learn everything in regards to what I was teaching kids.

As soon as all my kids had joined up at 16 we decided to start our own family which put paid to our outdoor experiences (in more ways than one) ;-)

She remains me best mate and is still eager to learn all that I am interested in whcih is now solely fishing :-)

Looking back, that night she proposed was the most wonderful of my life, especially as it had been pretty crap up until then.

Thanks for starting the thread, it reminds me of how lucky I am, and I'll try not to take her for granted in the future.........but I doubt it :-)

cheers

kev