PDA

View Full Version : Worst freezer Competition

adamleah
08-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Had a search through my old bait freezer last weekend for some burley....

Tried to open the door and it was not to happen... ended up taking me and a mate and a crowbar to open the damn thing ....

Had to flip it on its back to let it and the old bait to defrost ... before i could clean it up ...
Missus was not impressed 2 days later after I forgot to clean it up ... ;D

mini696
08-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Looks like the one at work.

Fishinmishin
08-11-2004, 01:14 PM
somebody left the door a bit open last time [smiley=blush.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

ba229
08-11-2004, 01:39 PM
lmao that is a classic

its guys like you that give us all a bad name. ;D

devocean
09-11-2004, 05:50 AM
That is a sure sign that you are not fishing enough and a good enough excuse to go more often. (well any excuse will do)

Maria
09-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Next time we go out Adam, just dump the whole thing overboard on a rope - huge berley bomb.

Ben

Mick
09-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Berley bomb and anchor all in one. No global warming where your fishing.

SeaHunt
09-11-2004, 08:02 AM
I have had one worse, not with being iced up though. :P
I had an old chest freezer in the garage plugged into a double power point. There was a bit of surface rust, but she worked like a beaut. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

We used to keep all sorts of stuff in it and use it regularly. I had been out on a charter boat and there were 4 snapper still in there (one really big one) as well as all the usual stuff like dog food and old bait.
Anyway me and missus went away on hols for a couple of weeks and her daughter came to stay , feed the dog, watch the house etc.
When we got back I put the car in the garage and said to the missus something smells funny in there, must be a dead mouse or something in there. I kept saying that for about another week and decided to investigate on the weekend. smiley=worried2.gif]
Looked around in the sniffing all the while trying to pinpoint where the odour was coming from.
Lifted the lid on the freezer, nearly passed out on the spot had to run outside and spew in the garden, worst smell I have ever smelt in my life. [smiley=sick2.gif]
The daughter had vacuumed out her car and turned the wrong plug off (about 3 weeks earlier). [smiley=oops.gif]
I dug a huge hole in the back yard, put on a face mask and puhed the freezer out the back and tipped it over with a long stick and hosed her out and buried the contents, while only spewing two more times. Every time I smelt something for the next 3 weeks it smelt like that freezer, I thought I had permanently dameged my sense of smell. [smiley=uhoh.gif]
Washed it out with every detergent I could find including straight bleach, sprayed it with 2 cans of Glen 20, left in open outside in the sun for a month and it still stunk. [smiley=shocked2.gif]
Ended up throwing in the dump, even though it still worked fine. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Wello_Pete
09-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Same scenario. SWMBO unplugged the bait freezer instead of the clothes dryer in the garage. By day 3 the smell was unbearable, removed all the solid stuff to the dump, then spent another 3 days trying to get the smell out of the freezer. Tried everything, then the old bloke next door says that Vanila Essence will do the trick. I'm pleased to say it really works

Cheers

ken4159
09-11-2004, 09:20 AM
yea I've got one of them

Mick
09-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I know the smell sea hunt. I asked a mate to clean an esky after a fishing trip. He didn't. The esky was not opened until the next fishing trip. The smell that emerged after the esky was opened is something I will never forget. I am surprised I didn't end up in front of a judge and jury after this incident. Many, many neighbours have not spoken to me since this day. The offenders were 2 measly little bitty bream and who would of thought they were nearly man kilers!