PDA

View Full Version : " BK'S" FISHING CHARTERS

caveman
08-11-2004, 04:57 PM
on the gold coast has any one had any charters with them are they any good or not if you don't want to leave a post on here just pm it to me any reports at all would be greatly appreciated

cheers gary

kevy
09-11-2004, 04:02 AM
yo caveman. yeah i,ve been out twice with b k charters, they are about the same as the rest, they try to get you on fish, the biggest problem lies with who else is on the charter with you. some have never fished before, some crook, some tangles, other than that okay. ( i go to the goldcoast every feb. can,t tow a caravan & a boat.) all the best, kevy. :) :)

stack
09-11-2004, 06:19 AM
Yeah Caveman I`ve been out on BK`s before in March last year.Had a great day 11 on board 7 throwing up so the rest of us were pulling up everything from squire,trag jew,tailor,pearlies and 1 lucky bloke got a 9ft black marlin all in all that day i got 15tailor,5squire,2pearlies and 1 spot we drifted over soon as you hit the bottom you had 2 trag on the line,must have caught 20,so I`m a bit of a BK fan.
Good luck hoped this helped
Stack ;D

Dodgy_Back
09-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Went out on bks boat a few weeks ago, not aproblem except for a bit sea sick
Mick

caveman
09-11-2004, 03:05 PM
thx guys its a great help the add i was lookin at said there was only 8 on board, i was thinking of hireing the the boat for the day need to line up 8 mates for it to be worth while

cuda
09-11-2004, 03:41 PM
have been out with them atleast 6-7 times this year and haven't been dissapointed once, if nothing else is biting he always seems to find plenty of tailor and a few trag jew
my best effort with him has been a 6.5 kg mack tuna although someone always seems to catch cobia just not me
just remember that he only goes out for 5 hours so he can only get to the close in reefs in that time
they usually use whole pillies on ganged hooks but once they have caught a yakka or two he will rig you up a live bait if you ask nice or you could try a spinning lure, my 18 yr old daughter caught several fish using a lure the last time we went

Gary