PDA

View Full Version : poddy mullet

jasen
07-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Caught some poddys today in the castnet and i dont need them till around the full moon, so i threw them in a fish tank with a filter and aerator just wondering if anyone else has or does this, there looking fine at the moment but iam just wondering if they will last.Iwas chasing prawns and did manage to get some good ones if the poddys last maybe i will try the prawns as well.
thanks Jasen.... ::)

Chrisso
07-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I wonder if they need a tidal change in the water makup every 6 hrs or something similar ??? - you might be right if you feed them a bit of fish food and the water is pretty clean!

Chris

bungie
07-11-2004, 03:25 PM
My local pet shop sell poddys for home tanks. Have not had to much success with my net caught ones, but that might have to do with putting them in the same tank as my 45cm Barra

ba229
07-11-2004, 03:45 PM
yeh they will be ok i think.

i have a friend with a tank and aerator keeps em alive forever

trial and error with that setup mate

bigal
08-11-2004, 04:28 PM
they keep for a month. just dont feed them and change tha water once a week. feed=poo= dirty water

DICER
08-11-2004, 11:36 PM
They may grow fungus anywhere over the body when held in a fish tank...chuck those out that get the fungus. As bigal said the will keep for over a month, but they will deterioate over time. I have feed mine normal fish flakes or dried larvae, before feeding them elsewhere to something bigger...... :0B

devocean
09-11-2004, 05:46 AM
I find that you need a fair bit of current through the water and that will keep them alive for ages. Also try not to handle them to much as possible

jasen
09-11-2004, 05:26 PM
thanks for the in put guys so far so good just got a bigger tank and filter aerator that pumps one thousand litres an hour see how that goes....... ::)