PDA

View Full Version : ultra bite

s.tury
15-11-2004, 12:02 PM
I just bought the new fishing world mag and it came with a dvd it showed the boy's using ultra bite fish pheromones . has anyone used it ,and if so what do you recon ,theres so many products out there to snare the fisherman and not the fish,wander if it's a waste of money . They recon it was developed by farm fisherman to entice fish to feed on vegetable scraps and they spent 10 million bucks in developing it .

kevy
15-11-2004, 12:42 PM
cheers stury. advise, let someone else try it & wait for results. there are so many gimmicks out there to suck a dollar out of the fishos, half the time complete waste of time & money. :) :)

jimnbob
15-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah! Like the Americans who spent Billions developing a biro for use during space missions - the Russians on the other hand used pencils.

Jim & Bob (the deckie)

Fishinmishin
15-11-2004, 03:04 PM
I only recon it worls as when fishing with exact same rigs and baits one day, I seemed to have more hookups and my mate had mostly timid bites. Could have been heaps of other factors involved but I now use it when I remember.

Dug
15-11-2004, 05:39 PM
in certain publications (I am told) the same Pheromones are available to attract women to lonely losers .

I think they would have the same effect on fish as the do on women.....NIL.

kc
16-11-2004, 05:04 AM
I have given this stuff a good workout in Weipa and from my experience it works well on some species and makes no difference on others. It seems to increase bites about 5 to 1 on scent feeders (particularly King Salmon in dirty water) but makes no difference to sight feeders (queenies, barra, jacks).

It has got to a point that I now use it for any dirty water bait fishing sessions and fished side by side with unscented baits, seems to make a significant difference.

KC

devocean
17-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Is that the clear stuff in little white bottle they sell at Big W?

s.tury
17-11-2004, 01:59 PM
sure is .you can get spray ,liquid,burly,and in bait form.

Leo_N.
17-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Don't know if this relates directly to the product, but aquaculture researchers have experimentally determined that certain amino acids and quaternary ammonium compounds (that are metabolites of prey species) increase food ingestion. These may be their 'pheromones'. The problem is that most of these products are very water soluble and leech from the food in a very short time, so you would have to re-scent your bait about every 5-10 min to have an effect.

sawtellrob
18-11-2004, 08:37 AM
I reckon added scent has to be a step in the right direction. for the last few years we have been treating our beach worms with metho to preserve them and these far out fish fresh worms. This has so far been proven on whiting, bream and jewfish. Why, I have no idea but beach and rock fisho's swear by them on NSW mid north coast.

s.tury
18-11-2004, 02:22 PM
What your saying about metho on worms is interesting i was told awhile ago about soaking prawns in metho the bloke swears they are top bait but i wouldnt have it on , but there might be something in it .apparently they are very tough.

Leo_N.
19-11-2004, 04:50 AM
I know a guy who adds kerosine to his crab baits - reckons it outfishes the bait alone every time.

sawtellrob
19-11-2004, 07:28 AM
Old timers gave their bream bait a kero mix (back in the days of kero lamps) and reckoned it could get the timid fish biting. never tried it but green ginger wine doesn't work.

Coke
19-11-2004, 07:30 AM
Try liquid anaseed. It works.
Coke

drb
19-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Next thing the fish will be sniffing petrol and chroming. [smiley=smug.gif]
Not very enviromentally friendly.....
I don't doubt you guys but I wonder why it works?