PDA

View Full Version : Big Hand for Sundown

bidkev
18-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Rang Sundown marine today to ask 'em the price of a new prop as mine had a bent blade and a few dinges. Thought I'd buy a new one and get this one straightened and keep as spare. Couldn't find the number of the prop (poor eyesight) so they told me to bring it in.

One of the fitters looked at it and said, "What you pushin? " I told him about my rig and he said that he knew it from servicing it regularly. He then asked me how many revs I ran it at etc and confirmed that I was running it ok. He then said, "give me a minute" then disappeared out back. Came back 10 minutes later with the burrs ground off and the blade straightened out. "How much do I owe you?" says I. "Nothing mate", says he. "You will be buying a new prop from us if you need one in the future won't you?"

Now that's service and good customer relations! Made my day.

cheers

kev

bay_firey
18-11-2004, 02:29 PM
It is great to see that there are still people that know that good will and good old fashioned customer service is the absolute best advertising a business can get.

Not only will you shop there in future, I bet there are at least a few that will give them a try just from this post

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-11-2004, 02:45 PM
shhhhhh ... little does kev know, the business is a front for the CIA.

His prop, or should we now call it - S.T.D. (unfortunate abbreviation) Satellite Tracking Device will provide minute by minute data to the CIA computers on Kevs whereabouts - via a chip they implanted whilst his back was turned.

Always thought he looked like a terrorist !

chris # [smiley=wreck.gif]

(i wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me !)

Sportfish_5
18-11-2004, 02:55 PM
CIA ???

Catfish Investigation Authority ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-11-2004, 03:13 PM
very quick
very witty
lol [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Richo1
18-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Glad you had a win Kev :).
I've just spent the whole afternoon waiting for a Bobcat to show up to no avail! >:(
Bloke didn't even call to say he couldn't make it, hope it doesn't rain tonight! Does anyone know a good Bobcat operater on the southside?

bidkev
19-11-2004, 03:23 AM
Glad you had a win Kev :).
I've just spent the whole afternoon waiting for a Bobcat to show up to no avail! >:(
Bloke didn't even call to say he couldn't make it, hope it doesn't rain tonight! Does anyone know a good Bobcat operater on the southside?

My (bobcat driver) mate lives at Pimpama. Watcha want doing?) and is weekend ok?

cheers

kev

SeaHunt
19-11-2004, 05:51 AM
Good on him Kev, unfortunately those sorts of guys are usually working out the back.

The dicks you have to deal with when buying a boat are a completely different animal. ???
Might have something to do with the fact they are on commission.
I gave up on Sundown when I was buying a new boat, must have went in there 3 or 4 times, I knew what I wanted, was ready to buy, had cash and they just didn't want to talk to me. :P
Ended up at Springwood, their loss, $25K going to the opposition. ::)

Hutcho
19-11-2004, 06:40 AM
I bought my current boat (2nd hand) from sundown, and it was a torturos affair, won't be going back. I agree, most of the time, it's the blokes out the back that do the "real work". Those salesmen on the shop floor are vermin. Some of the best guys I've dealt with, if not the very best, were at River City Marine at Brekkie Creek.

Cheers,
hutcho

Dodgy_Back
19-11-2004, 07:59 AM
When looking for my boat i went to sundown afew times for a look and to get info. in the end i had to help myself to the boat brochures, too much of a battle to get anyone to help.
ended up going to wynnum marine,great help when the gear box siezed, luckily under warranty and sorted it out without a hassle ,.
Mick

Richo1
19-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks Kev, but he turned up this arvo and did a great job. Will give you a yell first if i need one again.
Cheers Richo

Kerry
20-11-2004, 05:08 AM
Kev, service it might be but if it had a bent blade then how was it fixed? Just asking the question from a point of, is the prop now actually in balance (or was it simply "panel beated")as if not then you might be in for more than a new prop somewhere down the track! if it's going woop de woop de woop.

Cheers, Kerry.

dazza
20-11-2004, 10:47 AM
hi kev,
when i bought the new 225, got a 15 inch prop with the view to exchange if in mint condition, when i phoned to arrange a swap to try a few i basically got told where to shove my prop.
cheers
dazza

ps, are they going to fix your gearbox for nothing when an out of ballance prop stuffs it? mightn't hurt to ask

Sportfish_5
20-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Daz - Youre on the money there ;D
Bit of future revenue raising ???

SeaHunt
20-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Seems like they don't have too many fans Kev. [smiley=huh2.gif]

bidkev
20-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Kev, service it might be but if it had a bent blade then how was it fixed? Just asking the question from a point of, is the prop now actually in balance (or was it simply "panel beated")as if not then you might be in for more than a new prop somewhere down the track! if it's going woop de woop de woop.

Cheers, Kerry.

Took him about 10 minutes out back, so I don't know how he straightened it, but he did say it was balanced but to give it a test run and see if I noticed any change in pitch.

Apparently, this guy's been servicing Yammies for 20 yrs and has just taken out their (new) top award. There was a blurb in the local rag saying how good it was that Yammy now recognised the backroom boys and had commenced recognising not just the salesmen