PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Charter Fishing - Help

argonautical
18-11-2004, 04:46 AM
I am going up to Cairns for a long weekend at the end of this month. Mrs Argo has a couple of outings planned, skyrail etc, but was thinking I might catch a charter and go fishing on the Saturday ie instead of going shopping!

Anyway I was after some advice as to who would be a good outfit to contact.

thanks
Argo

imported_admin
18-11-2004, 04:48 AM
Suggest you contact Cairns Reef Charter Services http://www.ausfish.com.au/crcs they can help you out

Really depends on how much you want to spend. There is a huge range of options available in Cairns.

If you just want to go out bottom bashing for the day ask them to book you on Aqua Cat

philip_thomson
18-11-2004, 06:31 AM
i was up in cairns in september and i went on aquacat. it was very good, we caught lots of good fish, good value for money. i really enjoyed it and would reccomend going on aquacat if you want reefies.

hope you enjoy your trip
cheers phil

argonautical
18-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

Hadn't really considered reef vs river, though thinking about it I figure I can go reef fishing from Brisbane anytime. We are flying up and back so not planning on carting fish home - love the idea of catching a Barra though. Probably answered my own question.

Argo.

cHiCo
18-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Too bad its 'illegal' to even target barra at this time of the year ;)

argonautical
18-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Wondered about that.

baldyhead
18-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Its not illegal to target Mangrove Jack and Jacks live where Barra live also. So if you ACCIDENTLY hook a Barra and follow the quick release practice then you are not in BREACH of any REGULATION or ACT.
cheers baldy

argonautical
20-11-2004, 12:43 PM
OK checked out Cairns Reef Charter Services website and just booked a half-day river charter.

Thanks for your collective help and I'll let you know how things go.

Argo