PDA

View Full Version : owner-RAP on behalf of; Cathy McKeller

jaybee
20-11-2004, 03:47 PM
owner-RAP-Survey@gbrmpa.gov.au; on behalf of; Cathy McKeller [c.mckeller@gbrmpa.gov.au]
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority has just completed the largest consultation process ever undertaken relating to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.

Futureye was appointed through a tender process, to review and evaluate GBRMPA's community engagement efforts and provide advice on a way forward.

Futureye is conducting this review at a number of levels - interviews, forums and web-surveys. We are engaging with internal and external stakeholders across a wide range of interest groups to gain a thorough perspective of the process to date. We would be extremely interested in your views on GBRMPA's efforts and ask that you complete the following survey.

The survey has been divided into three sections, Demographics, Culture and Capacity and Community Expectations. It should take approximately 25 minutes to complete. We ask that you answer each question.
Your feedback will be treated confidentially and any comments that you make won't be used without your permission. Futureye will not pass onto a third party any of the information that you have given.

Please take some time to complete this survey as soon as possible. It can be accessed from the Futureye website from the link below.

http://www.futureye.biz/survey/extsurvey.htm

The survey will be available until 4:00pm, Friday 26 November.

If you have any questions, please contact Caroline Baxter from Futureye on (03) 9642 2088 or e-mail caroline@futureye.biz.

Thank-you for participating in the survey.

kc
20-11-2004, 04:27 PM
You will be happy to know The Fishing Party (Qld) was given the courtesy of a 1 on 1 interview with Future-eye and feel our opinions have been given due consideration. Looking forward to the outcome.

Regards

KC

Barrymundi
21-11-2004, 05:09 AM
Some interesting questions,

I wonder if the feedback from this will be made public ?

Al

NQCairns
21-11-2004, 05:21 AM
God I hate how recreational fisherman are grouped as 'fishing', As a recreational Fisherman I have NO association with or consideration for commercial 'fishing' FULSTOP, PERIOD, when is that crap going to end #[smiley=angryfire.gif] [smiley=angryfire.gif][smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=stop.gif] [smiley=stop.gif].
Bloody hard form to complete as a Recreational Fisherman, reef user ,stakeholder only.nq

cooky
21-11-2004, 06:24 AM
NQcairns - sh**ts me that this is being done by a company in Melbourne. Could explain your issue too.

For some reason "if it's from Melbourne it must be better"

there are plenty of NQ companies that could have done this survey.

luigi
21-11-2004, 05:02 PM
As far as I'm concerned the whole RAP process is the biggest con job ever perpetrated on the Australian public. Recreational fishers & the associated industry in particular.

For example, recent press articles indicate that reef closures have brought North Queensland’s tackle industry to it's knees. Bait & tackle shops are reported to have suffered a massive decrease in sales of up to 50% since the Representative Areas Program came into effect (July 1,2004) and closed some 33% of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park to fishing. Tackle shop proprietors have pointed out that sales actually began falling off three years ago when the RAP process was first aired to the public by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.

My lure making business that shows this financial year’s sales declined 34% compared to FY 2003. Sales since July 1, 2004 can only be described as a disaster with no foreseeable improvement.

What really gets up my nose is the way GBRMPA continually tries to avoid responsibility by referring to extensive public consultation when they know full well that the consultative process was only in relation to where the no-fishing (Green) zones were to be placed. All other aspects of the Representative Areas Program were non-negotiable.

As I see it, some true facts of the matter are:
· Was there any public consultation regarding the necessity for the Representative Areas Program? NO.
· Was there any public consultation regarding the necessity for fishing closures to 20% of the marine park? NO.
· Was there any public consultation regarding the increase from 20% to 33% of the marine park closed to fishing? NO.
· Was there any public consultation regarding evidence showing Queensland’s highly regulated recreational fishing has an adverse impact on the ecology or the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park? NO.
· Is there any scientific evidence to show that Queensland’s highly regulated recreational fishing is a threat to the ecology of the marine park? NO.
· Did GBRMPA take notice of the many submissions rejecting recreational fishing closures? Apparently NO.
· Does anyone want what was a previously good lure making business? ::)

Now they want us to waste more time & effort on yet another survey &/or info. Well, for mine, they can go & get st*****. >:( >:(

Lou