PDA

View Full Version : Fishing World DVD

yockman
20-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Anyone seen it? Is it any good?

adamleah
20-11-2004, 03:07 PM
I havent got it to work yet ?

Think my DVD player doesnt play burnt DVD's ?

So cant give you any idea on what its like

bignick
20-11-2004, 04:10 PM
If you want to play burnt DVD's, try playing them on an el-cheapo $89 special DVD Player. I don't know why this is, but I can play more DVD's (especiallly burnt ones) and do more things with my el-cheapo DVD Player than I can with my flash Sony. There you go.

Cheers,
BIGNICK.

nonibbles
21-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Great footage. Mainly advertising but hey, now I'm definitely going to kc territory - whitsundays/proserpine (NQ Meet n Greet - waddayareckon?). Presenter tends to oversell some products but he doesn't high stick, woohoo or kiss fish. Some nice footage of the area I grew up in - Kurnell. Don't hold that against me. My boy loves it too and best of all he wants to go fishing right now, hope he keeps it up.

Benny
21-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I have the DVD, but unfortunately the player wont read it!. Gimmick I suppose. And as for the magazine, seems to me like the 200 pages are mainly ads.

adamleah
21-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Got the DVD to work somehow last night , In my opinion it was a 2/10 ,,,

5 sections.
1. Caught 1 barra at Faust " ad for storm lures" and the porr barra was out of the water for about 5 minutes
2. catching dolphin,kingies on plastic jigs ad for penn jig baits ?
3. an ad for an upcoming video of his
4.ad for surebite scent " I think it was called that"
5 . Cant remember .. I fell asleep..

It advertises on the magazine that the DVD's RRP was $24.95 ,, I know if I'd paid that I'd be asking for a refund...

Moffy
22-11-2004, 03:22 AM
don't know about you guys but the one scene where the monster barra followed the lure into shallow water and turned away at the last moment was good enough for me. So its blatant product pluggin - what do you expect when its a freebie on the front of a mag - it did its job (where are those storm lures... ;D)

I'm spending Christmas at Tinaroo and will be putting in a lot more effort just as a result of that scene. - if i can get a follow like that (and hopefully a hookup) that'll do me. Actually - no i'd like to get a few (haven't fished there properly in 4 years and i'm due to increase the size of my PB fish.)

caveman
22-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Great footage. # but he doesn't high stick, woohoo or kiss fish.

no he doesn't but the woosh sound he makes every time he lets a fish go gets a little anoying

Golden_Monk
22-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Full on advertising