PDA

View Full Version : How often do you get out?

FishFrame
23-11-2004, 02:06 PM
After reading AusFish chatboards for a couple of months, I reckon there are obviously some pretty serious fishos out there. I'm interested in how often people get out, 'cos I never get out as much as I want (who does ?! ;D)

If you are one of those lucky people that manage a trip per weekend, come and share with the rest of us how you get enough "Frequent Partner Points" to ensure the better half is a willing participant in your absences.

basserman
23-11-2004, 03:00 PM
well i fish atleast once a week but as for outside stuff :-[ :-[ no where near enoght thank you the horibal weather god >:(
ohh well as that famous catch cry goes
"there's always next weekend" ;D

reef05
23-11-2004, 05:01 PM
I try for at least once a month but since the kids have arrived and the weather god being not so nice its been quite some time since I've gone outside, hopefully I'll be out this weekend. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

mini696
24-11-2004, 04:01 AM
Not often enough. (I said once a month)... I would love to get out every weekend.

Mickk

zedjack33
24-11-2004, 04:20 AM
I said twice a month. Well thats all depending on the time of year. In summer alot more often because of chasing jacks, and if the prawns and crabs are going, well I could go out 2 to 3 times a week?

hard to say

Cheers Zedjack33 [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

devocean
24-11-2004, 04:26 AM
At least once a week however it should be more as I live 5 minutes from 2 boat ramps I think sometimes I take things for granted.

Devocean

Mick
24-11-2004, 04:55 AM
Decocean, There's actualy 4 ramps now. Front beach and the Don. I said twice a month, although it's probably more. Have gone fishing 7 times this month and still fit in 50 hour weeks at work. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Zeeke
24-11-2004, 05:01 AM
I normally fish 3 or 4 times a week, but for the last few weeks, ive been resorting to only once or twice a week

Tim

mini696
24-11-2004, 05:28 AM
Tim,

What times are you usually fishing? Are you always in your boat?

Mickk

agnes_jack
24-11-2004, 05:50 AM
I try to averidge about once per week, if the weather is good, sometimes I can get out twice per week. Usually once offshore and once in the estuary's. The weather governs my fishing more than any other factor.
Still don't get enough! 8) 8)

Regards, Tony

ba229
24-11-2004, 06:10 AM
I fish about the same amount as tim. 3-4 times per week.

Ahhh the student life is a thing of glory ;D

sawtellrob
24-11-2004, 06:18 AM
I try for a fish most weekends. Get all the house jobs done thru the week and off you go. Best move is to get the kids involved as well. Fantastic to have time with them doing stuff you both really enjoy. My boys started fishing at about 7 and the eldest, now 19, still loves it. Great when teenage kids still want to do things with their Dad. ;) :D :)

kevy
24-11-2004, 06:33 AM
i try to get out to sea once a week but with the weather gods against me i would average once every 5 or 6 weeks this year, thats without taking any silly risks. rule of thumb, when in doubt don,t go. cheers kevy. ;)

cod_botherer
24-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Frequent Partner Points Program:

Task Points earned

Work 50hr week, hand over pay .5
Work in garden 9 hours 1
Go to in-law BBQ 2
Polite smile when cr card bill arrives 3
Actually listen 4
Put seat down 5

Reward Points redeemed

Sat morn fishing 21,000
Conjugal rights 8,024,956

Mick
24-11-2004, 07:45 AM
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT COD BROTHER! I think I have earned 1.5 points in the last few years.

mini696
24-11-2004, 08:48 AM
LOL Cod_Botherer ;D

I'm still paying off the points I owe my Ex...

Mickk

PinHead
24-11-2004, 12:12 PM
I went fishing in June this year...and prior to that was about 2 years back...one of the bad things about working for yourself...getting some free time.

blaze
24-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Hi Pinhead
I think that is why working for ones self is good
More time for fishing
I ticked more than 5 a month, but some of them are just a bit of a drive around with a rod in the car and maybe having a fish for 10 minutes or so in a likely looking spot. As they say "take time to smell the roses"
cheers
blaze

PinHead
24-11-2004, 02:09 PM
mate, I work on commercial projects during the week..weekends I seem to do some domestic jobs..it appears I must be one of the few that will install split system air conditioners in peoples houses on weekends and i still have some available time to do some prior to Xmas.

bignick
25-11-2004, 03:04 AM
With a new baby on the scene and the dramas that preceded that, my boat trailer tyres are like 50 cent pieces at the minute. As this is not a fair indication of how often I get out, I would say I get out 2 to 4 times a month on average, weather and work permitting. Judging by that points table outlined earlier, I will have to live to be 176 years old to get back to square.

Cheers,
BIGNICK.

cooky
25-11-2004, 05:18 AM
I've only owned a boat for a few months, but have managed about 20+ hours so far. Average every 2-3 weeks - go out for a day.
I have a young baby too (one 3 months, one 21 months) and my own business so time is a big issue.

The wife of course gave me a hard time one weekend about going out and I said "you say that again and the boat is sitting in the driveway for the next year - I won't use it - we'll waste our money"
She knows I'll do it too - so she hasn't said much since ;)

mako_5.2
25-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Maybe it would be worth doing a poll on who spends more time looking at Ausfish than actually fishing!

Zeeke
25-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Mick, usually im fishing mornins.. 6am till 11am.. and from my boat, if i went landbased, it'd be more often, Eudlo Creek is only 60 meters walk from my back yard

Tim

FishFrame
25-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Maybe it would be worth doing a poll on who spends more time looking at Ausfish than actually fishing!

Mako - I think I might be getting that way right now, mate :D

As for the Cod's table, I can only say that I:

. Do washing 3 times/wk
. Ironing is done 70% by me
. Garden until I can't garden no more..
. Make school lunches EVERY DAY
. Let her have her OWN cr card!!
. Actually like my mother-in-law (well.. ok, that a lie)
. Read to my boys EVERY NIGHT
. Drop boys at school every other day
. Pickup every other day
. Cook evening meal every other day
. CLEAN KITCHEN AFTER ABOVE EVERY DAY!!
. Clean house (vac, dunny scrub, blah, blah)

AND SO ON, AD INFINITUM...

and I only have 0.5 point after 15 years :'(

Still, I just love trying the old "... just dropping over to my brother's for a second..." and coming back 8 hrs later ;)

Lets face it, unless they fish, they'll never get it :(