PDA

View Full Version : Bream and Bass Fishing on channel 10

gif
30-11-2004, 07:19 AM
Well if no one else is going to start the topic I will.

A year ago there was the AFC Bream competition on Channel 10 over summer. This year it’s a team event - with 4 teams each with 1 Bass angler and 1 Bream angler

I liked this one a lot better. They showed more of the technique - fishing and psyching out the competitors.

Last year I found the switching from a fish just caught back to one earlier a bit messy. This year is a lot less of that.

It may not be your kind of fishing - but its great for us overall for fishing to get on TV - and recognized as a sport. I go to these events as a non boater and have even been lucky enough to draw some of these guys for a day on the water - try it some time!

What do you think of the show?

Gary Fooks

PS it’s on Sundays at 12:30 for 9 weeks except for Boxing Day - 2pm see http://www.afcoutdoors.com.au/

mini696
30-11-2004, 08:51 AM
I didn't realise it was on. But I caught the show last year and enjoyed it a lot. I agree the switching between different catches was poorly done in last years. I enjoyed seeing a more natural fishing scene, rather than lots of editing to make it look like they are catching fish.

Dodgy_Back
30-11-2004, 10:12 AM
I think the show is pretty good, much better than last year.
Great idea of the organizers to get afamous face , namely Starlo to host the show.
I've often been curious about entering a tournament but i let my gutless side win . Never want any one to see how many times i hook up to pontoons and piers.
Mick

mini696
30-11-2004, 10:29 AM
I think Sterlo was in the comp last time.

Mickk

devocean
30-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Yeah I caught that show was pretty good would love to see a blue water version chasing pelagics I reckon that would go off if it was done at the right place at the right time of year.

ssbayguide
30-11-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree that there should be a bluewater version - it might be a little more "Australian" as well.

Much as I love the show, I can't help but think that there is a "little bit of America" creeping in. In saying this, I do not take anything away from the skill and positive attitude of the anglers and the producers of the show.

dfox
30-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Good point ssbay! Offshore- more species- larger fish- more action= higher ratings...foxy

Fitzy
30-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Cant get more "Australian" than a true Oz native fish, i.e. Australian Bass.
Brim I can take or leave but it is good to see the cocept has raised the profile of a fish that was once regarded as bread & butter or vermin to a sportfish status.
A good bit of marketting that many; many have taken the bait.

Cheers,

fitzy..

jordo
30-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey can anyone tell me the places from the show on the weekend. I had to do my gun licence course and the video packed it in and im itching to know. Thanks

devocean
01-12-2004, 04:28 AM
Add a few chicks in bikinis and it will be a finished product!