PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Internet tackle shop

devocean
01-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Where I live lures and tackle can get pretty expensive. I was wondering if anyone out there in ausfish land has a favourite internet tackle shop they can reccomend

Cheers

Devocean

cuda
01-12-2004, 03:55 PM
i use ebay
sometimes you can get lucky and get a real bargain
seems to be more tackle stores using ebay as there main avenue for sales
just my opinion

Gary

ps: just picked up a brand new in box okuma titus 30II 2 speed for AU$176.00 on ebay today

Fitzy
01-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Where I live lures and tackle can get pretty expensive. I was wondering if anyone out there in ausfish land has a favourite internet tackle shop they can reccomend

Cheers

Devocean
What do you think this place is? Take a look at the main page http://www.ausfish.com.au

Just a tad rude to be soliciting for other sites on Ausfish.

Cheers,

fitzy..

Derek Bullock
01-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there in ausfish land has a favourite internet tackle shop they can reccomend

Fitzy said thats a tad rude. To me it's outright insulting to the owner of this site.

This is Ausfish land.

Derek

Girella
02-12-2004, 03:10 AM
devocean
I must not have got your full post.

I read it as: favourite internet tackle shop in Ausfish land.

devocean
02-12-2004, 04:29 AM
Sorry I didnt mean to offend but you guys dont stock all my requirements

Devocean

raefpud
02-12-2004, 05:20 AM
Yeah fair go Ausfish, I'm sure you guys dont sell everything, and i think its many of the tackle retailers that are keeping this sight alive through their participation, not there advertising.
Devocean - most of the major tackle retailers - with exception to the "marts" which we all hate thanks fitzy, will gladly send you tackle via Aust. Post - some will cop the postage fees if you are a good spending customer. I cant reccomend any good Australian online tackle retailers but i can reccomend several overseas retailers. Try basspro.com or cabelas.com as their prices are very cheap with the current exchange rate. If you keep your order under the US$200 mark you shouldnt get stung with customs excise - Online ordering with these guys is safe, but you will need a home delivery address and not a P.O. box. Depending on your location it might be more advisable to contact stores such as "Agnes Waters Bait and Tackle" as I know for a fact that the owners there are great ppl and will be happy to help you with anything you need.

Richo1
02-12-2004, 07:33 AM
With all due respect Ausfish, your shop dosen't have much range, and take the Leatherman Wave for example, Too expensive.

Dino
02-12-2004, 07:48 AM
Careful Richo1, thats not what they want to hear about their website. They'll probably censure you or remove your post!
One of the lady members, Cindy, apparently had too much to say a few weeks back, and for whatever reason - maybe purely because she was a female, or just because certain people didn't like what she had to say, they saw fit to remove her comments.
Whatever happened to free speech and a democratic society?
My opinion, for what it's worth is that you go where you can get the best price - if that's not Ausfish, so be it.

Dino

cooky
02-12-2004, 11:13 AM
My opinion, for what it's worth is that you go where you can get the best price - if that's not Ausfish, so be it.

This is an unfortunate view of many people and the reason why large 'marts' etc succeed. The average consumer is often fooled by these organisations too - Bargain, Warehouse, Cheap, etc - they utilise 'loss leaders' to suck you into thinking they're cheap - but they're margins are quite healthly on the over 10,000 products they stock.

I would never ONLY look at price. what about service? are they local? is the bloke who owns it a nice bloke who shouts me beers???

Dino
02-12-2004, 11:48 AM
#is the bloke who owns it a nice bloke who shouts me beers???

Well I can't comment on whether he is a nice bloke or not and he certainly doesn't buy me beers, so if I know what product I need , I stick with my original comment - I look for the best price, wherever it may be!

imported_admin
02-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Would you think that a tackle store would mind you dropping in and putting up a poster asking their customers to contact you and let you know of cheaper places to buy from?

I think not. So why should it be allowed here?

Maybe I should start charging for the use of the chat board and then you could have a choice of going to the cheapest chat board.

imported_admin
02-12-2004, 12:44 PM
With all due respect Ausfish, your shop dosen't have much range, and take the Leatherman Wave for example, Too expensive.

Have never made any claim to be the cheapest around or beat any price by 10% or such a statement. If you want service and convenience and like to support the website you use for free then by all means buy from here.

BTW - The current retail price on a Leatherman wave is around $220.00.

imported_admin
02-12-2004, 12:50 PM
One of the lady members, Cindy, apparently had too much to say a few weeks back, and for whatever reason - maybe purely because she was a female, or just because certain people didn't like what she had to say, they saw fit to remove her comments.

Dino

You may want to gather all he facts about a topic before you go accusing a moderator of being sexist. From the information given to me by the mod that removed that post I would have removed it as well.

Y-Not
02-12-2004, 01:07 PM
When I first found Ausfish I thought that it was a fishing chat site about ALL aspects of fishing. I didnt realize that using this site meant that you were only to discuss buying tackle from Ausfish and that you were only allowed to talk about the things they want you to talk about! Geez, I feel like I am back at school! :-X

imported_admin
02-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Nothing has changed, same rules as you agreed to when you signed up.

Copy of them can be read at
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Chathelp;action=display;num=1075278 500

cooky
02-12-2004, 01:21 PM
DINO - joking on the beers front ;)

honestly I think price is important and yes I accept there are plenty of people just like you in the world and that's okay.

My personal preference is to support Local businesses, australian owned, clients of mine, nice people, great service / advice. It's all about ROI (return on Investment).

I couldn't be stufffed wasting time (time=money) researching the cheapest price or travelling too far or waiting or risking the wrong product / bad service, etc. Even if you rated your time at $10 hour (pretty cheap), people will spend 4 hours or more researching the cheapest prices to save $20. Time required VS investment. Obviously if it's significant (thousands of $$$) then time spent is going to be justified.

Fitzy
02-12-2004, 04:37 PM
When I first found Ausfish I thought that it was a fishing chat site about ALL aspects of fishing. I didnt realize that using this site meant that you were only to discuss buying tackle from Ausfish and that you were only allowed to talk about the things they want you to talk about! Geez, I feel like I am back at school! :-X
It's not about telling anyone what to talk about, that's being a bit silly, its about respect. Steve provides these chat boards for us to use at considerable cost. Its not too much to ask that you give him a little support back in kind. I'm sure he doesnt expect everyone to buy everthing he sells, but at a bare minimum just dont go talking about other commercial websites on this one. Its a simple courtesy that shouldnt inconvenience anyone a great deal. :) It's like telling your wife about your girlfriend. :-X

Hope that helps explain things.

Cheers,

fitzy..

devocean
03-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Can we all end this bickering we are fishermen not old ladies. By the way sorry to start all this.

notts_so
03-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Dev you definatly stired that pot mate maybe you might want to start on the desert lol but i really havent seen any major difference in lure prices were ever i go so maybe just bye were you are one at a time then it dont hert the back pocket so much

MTpockets
03-12-2004, 07:13 AM
I have bought several items from Steve and I am very impressed with his service. I am a moderator on another forum and know what the cost is for running a site, buying a forum and I know what the new chat room costs.
I check out his range often and I try to support this site when I can, but I also like to support my local shop as well.
This is the best fishing forum that I have come accross and believe Steve and the mods here do a wonderful job and deserve some support. For those reading this take a minute to have a look at his range and I can vouch for his speedy supply. It takes just as much energy to put up negetive posts as it does to put up a possitive one. Why not support this site with a positive post on this free forum.
Keep up the great work Steve [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers
Les

agnes_jack
03-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Gotta say that we all should give Steve as much support as we can.
He provides a fantastic site that we all luv, or we wouldn't be here now.
In my opinion, if it costs a fraction more through Steve, so be it he does heaps for all of us. Next priority should be your Local tackle shop, they are the ones that help with advise and info, provided they are reasonable with thier prices.
If you are still not getting what you want, shop around. But above all be loyal to those who support you back.

Just my opinion. Regards, Tony

cindy
03-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Can we all end this bickering we are fishermen not old ladies. By the way sorry to start all this.
I resent that , I am a young lady and I am a fisherperson. Seems like you are also continuing it.

Cindy

Dino
03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Would you think that a tackle store would mind you dropping in and putting up a poster asking their customers to contact you and let you know of cheaper places to buy from?

I think not. So why should it be allowed here?

Maybe I should start charging for the use of the chat board and then you could have a choice of going to the cheapest chat board.

It's your site bossman, you're entitled to do what you see fit!

Dino
03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
You may want to gather all he facts about a topic before you go # accusing a moderator of being sexist. From the information given to me by the mod that removed that post I would have removed it as well.

Don't recall using the word sexist, seems to apply more to you guys. By the way, I did follow all that discussion and the facts were all pretty obvious to everyone - unless of course they were sitting on one side of the fence.

mackmauler
03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
hands up all the fisherpersons, go cindy LOL

Heath
03-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Not sure about your manner being a result of the voice over industry my-topender, but it is refreshing to see someone just out of nappies like yourself knowing how to present themselves well (your parents must have done a good job eh!)
good luck to you
Dino

Whats doing there? Dino/Cindy one in the same :-X
Original Post (http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?action=display;board=Saltwater;num=108543 5756;start=0#5)

baldyhead
03-12-2004, 12:20 PM
TRANSSEXUAL maybe?

roz
03-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Doesn't Know the pointy end from the blunt end. I doubt they have ever caught a fish.

Aaron_Fogarty
03-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Gday all,
This site pays all who use it, in the advice that is given from collectively, hundreds of years experience on everything from "what tyres do I put on me 4be" to "help me my outboards playing up"

Think about how much this advice has saved you already and what it will save you in the future. Next time I need a new Alvey, I know where I ll be going. I,d rather give Ausfish my money rather than a cut throat tackle chain with bulk buying power!

The door swings both ways guys!

Great site, support it as much as you can.
My 2 bobs
Aaron

Derek Bullock
03-12-2004, 01:45 PM
THIS POST HAS BEEN LOCKED AS IT IS NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES WHICH CAN BE READ AT http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Chathelp;action=display;num=1075278 500

PLEASE READ THEM.

AS INDICATED BY HEATH I HAVE NOTICED THAT DINO AND CINDY ARE USING THE SAME IP ADDRESS INDICATING POSSIBLY THE SAME PERSON. #THEY HAVE BEEN ASKED TO EXPLAIN OR BE BANNED FROM THE SITE.

ONCE AGAIN PLEASE RESPECT THE RULES

Cheers

Derek