PDA

View Full Version : Wollongong

bathtub
02-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi,
I'm an angler from singapore, going to Wollongong for studies..
I need some help here regarding the tackles usually used . And also, do i need a licence to fish? Thanks

Rowdy_2002
02-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Yes you will need a licence. They available from taccke stores in the area. You will be able to get info from the local tackle store on what to use for the local area.

bathtub
02-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks... I've got a couple of rods and reels, so i was thinking of bringing it over, but don't know if it suits the fishing there. Mine are mostly BC sets..

Rowdy_2002
03-12-2004, 09:01 AM
I assume you are meaning baitcasting sets. That will do to get you started. Keep looking through the posts on this website as there is a lot of info on tackl, rigs etc.

chris78
04-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Rowdy,

I live in Wollongong, there are all types of fishing down this way. We have a large lake with bream and flathead (this is where i mostly fish, im one of these bream on lure nut's).

Lots of rock fishing platforms, breakwall and some fantastic beaches. If you lucky enough to hook up with someone with a boat then there is lots of offshore options aswell.

We have plenty of good local tackle stores that can help you out when you get here, but i would bring my gear with me.

The Uni here is one of the best and wollongong is a great place to live and study. We have lots of international students so im sure you wont feel alone.

pm me if you have any more questions

Cheers
Chris