PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Point

jimbob
03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Gday
Just wondering if anyone had heard any reports from Wellington Point interested to hear if the grassies were there yet.
Cheers Jamie

sharky
03-12-2004, 03:51 PM
they are pretty patchy at the moment, managed to get a few the other day but had to work long and hard for them. Maybe a few more weeks until they come onto the bite.

jugs
04-12-2004, 06:02 AM
I got a beauty out at Harry's last weekend :) ;D

aido
04-12-2004, 06:58 AM
is that the one in your avitar?
lucky fish, lol.
are you winding us up??
:o :o :o

Girella
04-12-2004, 07:08 AM
That's the most beautiful grassy I've ever seen ! :o

jugs
04-12-2004, 09:49 AM
No silly, not the one in this avitar. Dont think the mods would like me showing you the one I caught last weekend! ;D ;D ;D

jugs
04-12-2004, 10:03 AM
My sweetlip- it's bigger than it looks!

Maria
04-12-2004, 02:17 PM
My sweetlip- it's bigger than it looks!

Does that mean those jugs are bigger than they look too? ;D

mackmauler
04-12-2004, 02:52 PM
would take a few sweeties that size to feed a big white pointer!

aquarius
04-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Jimbob the end of December through to March is when i catch the bigger grassies.
The small ones seem to be there all year round.
Cheers Brent
ps may give Wello a fish this comming Sunday at will post a report if any grassies show up.

webby
04-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Poor little grassies just out of nappies.
But on the realistic side, a few legal ones around the northern side of mud and peel, 42cm last saturday nite, so a few 30's should be at wello by now. Give it to the end of Dec'
Then you can have the choice of grassies or spots,also still a fair few squire/squobblies around .
regards
regards

craigie
07-12-2004, 06:58 AM
I'll be fishing Wello this Friday Morning for Grassies.

Keep an eye out for the report.

Cheers
Craigie.

aquarius
07-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey Craig leave some for me mate.....will be out early Saturday weather permitting unless you tell me they hav'nt arrived just yet.
My mate has a tree in his front yard and when it comes into flower its time for the sweelip bash to begin..lol
No flowers out yet but usually happens in the next few weeks.
It will be plastics only this year so its going to be a challenge to nail a big one.
The mate has a small boat and i have the minn kota electric so hope the combination works for us..lol
Cheers Brent. :)

craigie
08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
G'day Brent,

Don't worry mate, I won't put much of a dint in the sweety population.
Weather is looking a bit crappy for the rest of the week, so it could be Saturday before I get out there as well ?
Might have to get some "Plastic" tips off you and give it a try.

Got told there were a few Sand Crabs around, so might give that a try as well.

Here is a pic of my best catch from last summer, think it was taken around January/Febuary this year.

Cheers
Craig

p.s Carefull with the ID of those Grassies and Spangles, can't believe Fisheries got it wrong :-X!!

aquarius
08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Craig thats a good catch there mate.
Jan/Feb are the best 2 months to target them for sure.
Will see if we can entice them to take plastics and if successful will let you know the best plastics, colours, technique etc.
Might see ya out there Saturday morning.
No trouble identifying the grassies its those half breed spangles that got me confused but not anymore.
Cheers #Brent :D