PDA

View Full Version : weather forcasts - deep sea charter

vortfu
08-12-2004, 06:34 AM
Hi guys,

We've booked a deep sea fishing charter (from the gold coast) for the end of the month, but due to personal circumstances (brother leaving to work in china for a year at the same time) I'm looking to move it forward so that we can both go out for a fish, and go down to forster to see my brother off.

There are positions available for us on the 14th-16th Dec, but with the weather being as shit as it has been lately, I'm not sure that we'ld even be going out on those dates.

What are the current forecasts for those dates (hopefully this rain will clear off by the end of the week) and how reliable do you believe them to be ?

If you were in the same situation, would you move the trip forward to next week, or hold off and go as planned at the end of the month ?

vort-fu

DaneCross
08-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Mate get out the crystal ball. If anyone could accurately predict the weather for any further than a couple of days they ought to be sharing (selling) their secrets with the BoM. Either way you're taking a risk. I reckon you've got just as much chance of pulling bad weather on the 14th as you do at the end of the month. If it was me, I'd move the trip forward so you can go see your brother off. You'd be spewn' if you got crap weather at the end of the month and missed out on seeing him off for no reason.
Cheers,
DC
P.S. Don't come hunting me down if you get shit weather next week and its perfect at the end of the month - just giving you my opinion, I take no responsibility ;) ;D

Heath
08-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Looking from Saturday on the Synoptic will be your best bet for gauging the weather.
But going by that other weather site, its all looking gooooooood! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

DaneCross
08-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Ahh guess who's a Buoyweather subscriber ;D How about we all chip in and Heath posts one of those each day ;) ;D Hmmm, next week looks the goods [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Go the 14th vort-fu ;)

Needmorerum
08-12-2004, 05:21 PM
How do you read the graph, and what are all the numbers for? I've looked at these before and can't understand how to read them.

Corry

Fletch
08-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah nice work Heath ;D

vortfu
09-12-2004, 05:27 AM
Booked in for the 14th.

If it all goes bad I'm holding you all personally responsible j/k :)

I can't wait, it'll be my first time offshore and a welcome break from the cat fish and eels of the Brisbane river.

vort-fu

Hutcho
09-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Good luck Vortfu for your charter. You'll never go back to the river after you play with the big stuff offshore.

Corry, the graph is pretty easy to follow, although the size of that image makes it a little hard to read. Just read from left to right,t he graph actually has headings that reflect what is on the vertical bars. The top chart is to do with wave height's, and the bottom chart is for winds.

Cheers,
Hutcho

Dug
09-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Divination of goat entrails always works for me.

not so good for the goat though:-(