PDA

View Full Version : reef charter townsville

sharkman
09-12-2004, 03:07 PM
can anyone suggest reef fishing charters out of townsville ? some friends coming up from sydney in the new year and would like to go out to the reef for the day. ;D

Wild_Side
09-12-2004, 05:35 PM
give Steve Jeston a yell he can be good value ;)

cheers
Wild Side

borisdog
09-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Jeston doesn't do reef trips to my knowledge. Check the phone book, I see you're in Ingham - there's lots of Townsville based people and even a few ex Lucinda or Cardwell who would both be just as close for you. Most are pretty good but it's always going to be a weather thing. My personal preference is for the smaller boats purely because they're a bit less chaotic when the fish are on. I've always enjoyed Ryan Moody's trips but his boat is always heavily booked and not as capable as the bigger boats, however he is a very switched on skipper with a great range of spots.

Derek Bullock
09-12-2004, 05:51 PM
There are quite a few listed here on Ausfish. You can see them at http://www.ausfish.com.au/charters/chartersqld.shtml

Cheers

Derek

nonibbles
11-12-2004, 04:25 AM
Try Browny at True Blue Charters
(07) 4771 5474
been with him a coupla times now ($1660 for day, $2200ish overnight)
There's a new bloke in the area who has had some good reports the boat is called burkinhead lady not sure of contact details (lost them) but similar deal
both boats 32ft flybridge