PDA

View Full Version : DPI website showing wrong sizes

Cheech
10-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Was checking out the fish sizes and bag limits today, and spotted an error, then another, then another. The colums in the tables are out of whack. Check out the Tropical Snappers and Mackerel.

Rang the DPI and informed them. They were pretty thankful for letting them know, so hopefully it will be fixed quickly. Is listing Spotties as 50cm. Would be a bugger if you got busted.

Were other variations as well.

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/11416.html

Cheech

mackmauler
10-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Cheech, you detective ;D i copied the mack section, cant see the errors

Mackerel

Grey/broad-barred
Spanish/narrow-barred
Queensland school (East coast)
Queensland school (Gulf of Carpentaria)
Shark
Spotted (East coast)
Spotted (Gulf of Carpentaria)
50 min
75 min
50 min
50 min
50 min
60 min
50 min

Cheech
10-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey Rob. Not the way you listed them above, but if you go to the site, spotted (east coast) has 50cm and Spotted (gulf) has no size.

Then have a look at Green Jobfish. Has a size of 55cm and no take ???

mackmauler
10-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Cheech, thats just the way it copied onto the page, cant get it to line up.

ive looked at it a few times, promise no rum goggles on and I just see the correct sizes (mack) ???

can you quote the green jobby sizes cheech I dont follow there either.

rob

Heath
10-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Cheech,

Its your browser mate ;)

On my kids clapped out 98 machine running 800x600 all the columns are stuffed. It's ok on my XP box running 1280x1024 . Its ok at 1024x796 too. But when at 800x600 it stuffs up like you described.

Derek Bullock
10-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Mines ok. ;D ;D ;D ;D

imported_admin
11-12-2004, 05:24 AM
As heath said, it is only at 800 x 600 resolution. Whish is what a lot, if not most, people view the net at. Looks like they don't check their own website, although we already know that from previous errors that have been on their site.

If you did a screen shot of the website and printed it out and took it with you it would be interesting to see if they would charge you for undersize fish.

Have attached a screen shot, notice though how Carpenteria) is on a line by itself and has a size limit.

Cheech
11-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks Steve and Heath. For a while there it was looking like I must be on drugs or something.

Yes I agree that probably most run that resolution. I have windows xp at work but changed it back to 600x800 just because I do not like the look of the higher levels. Everyone else at work has done the same.

What is also interesting was that when I set my pc to the higher resolution, as expected, everything went back in line, but then when I printered it, it went out of whack again.

I will give them another call on Monday to see how they are going in fixing this.

Cheech

mini696
12-12-2004, 07:15 AM
Maybe they can provide a page thats "Printer Friendly"

agnes_jack
12-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Mini
You should be able to do a print off it.

Tony

imported_admin
12-12-2004, 08:31 AM
If you have a look near the top right of the page they have a printer friendly version in PDF

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/11416.html

HTML pages will look different in each resolution setting and print differntly again. Although all they need to do is put in one tiny piece of code and it would stop it from displaying different on different resolutions.

They would probably be better off only having the PDF version available, would hate to see someone fined simply because their website is likely to read incorrectly.