PDA

View Full Version : Meet& Greet  CQ

BladeRunner
25-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Ausfish
Every one who lives near Gladstone interested in a few drinks in December for a meet & greet. Can you add your name to this list below .
Corry & Seafox are you keen .
Place to be decided yet
BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

M&G List
BladeRunner

Mick
26-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Would love to mate and although I live in central Qld, it is still an 8 hour drive for me. Geez central QLD covers some ground!!!!!! Maybe if it was a bit further north.

Mick

Needmorerum
26-11-2004, 04:20 PM
BladeRunner, picking a spare weekend may be hard, they're definately not taken up by fishing as the wind is a pain in the arse at the moment.
I will do everything in my power to be there, so I guess, I'll be there. The weekend of the 4th and 5th is out, I've got kids parties and Rocky's Fire in the Sky Fireworks on Saturday arvo, and we're going to Curtis Island chasing beech worms on the Sunday.
Any other time after that is good for me. I have nothing planned.

Mick, where do you come from that is 8 hours from Gladdy, yet is still classed as CQ. Don't get me wrong, I'd tell everyone I was from CQ even if I lived in the middle of the desert, the area is fantastic. My train of thought is that you would be around the Home Hill / Ayr area. I class anything north of Mackay as NQ, and it's only 5 hours away.

I think we may have to consider a venue carefully, as we may be able to drag some of those Rockvegas fisho's along. Will put some thought into it and see what we can come up with.

Corry

Still going to M&G at 1770... definately

bay_firey
26-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Start work in Rocky on the 29th, but will be back and forth to Hervey Bay most weekends for a bit until I get a house organised and get the family and furniture moved.

If the dates fit I will probably come along

Mick
27-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Corry, between Bowen and Home Hill. I drove down to 1770 a few months ago and it took me 8 hours (one stop for lunch). Some organisations call it North QLD and some call it central QLD. I refer to the Barrier Reef zoning maps and Bureau of Meterology weather sites which say I am central Qld. That, and I am smack, bang half way up the Qld coast (in kms).
I would still like to catch up with some ausfishers in my area as I am pretty new to the site.
Kind regards, Mick

krakatinny
28-11-2004, 04:12 AM
sounds like a plan to me . pick a time & place will try to be there.

Needmorerum
28-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Mick, I think living there you could call it CQ, what an awesome area. I lived in Townsville for 5 years and naturally, it was classed as NQ, and obviously had nothing on your area. I used to travel down to Gladstone most weekends for the first year, to see the then girlfriend, she's now my wife, so I'm not sure if that was a good idea. The previous 21/2 years was travelling up from Brisbane every weekend. I think I still have part ownership in Mobil fuels.
What type of fishing do you do in your area? My old man lives at Sarina so I try and get up there as much as I can. I have been thinking of taking the big boat up there for a weeks holiday, although that won't happen for a while now, I've taken the week off for 1770. Are you coming down for the M&G there?

krakatinny, where do you come from, another CQLD'er. The group is getting bigger and bigger as the days go on.
Jeff, are you still there, Volvo, what about you? What are your thoughts on having a drink, and you to JD, interested. Oh... that's a silly question isn't it.
So where are we going to have it, are there any from the Rocky area interested, and for those at Boyne/Tanumm, do you want to travel into town, or do you want to have it out there. There's only one pub out there. Obviously, I am bias towards the Yacht Club, as it is my usual haunt, and you can watch the commotion on the ramp of a Sunday arvo. Either way, I'm easy.

Awaiting thoughts.

Corry

Volvo
28-11-2004, 06:31 PM
;) I'll second that motion:)..Long as i 'm not workin..
Cheers

Volvo
28-11-2004, 06:34 PM
:D PS weather lookin good for Monday , tuesday :P..

krakatinny
29-11-2004, 04:41 AM
Corry I live at EMU PARK

Mick
30-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Corry, will try and get to 1770. There is one other ausfish member that I know of in my area and we have discussed possibilities of the 1770 meet and greet.
As for the fishing here, I love it. This area is a small paridise on the QLD coast. Mainly chase the mackeral in Winter, creek species in summer and dive all year round for trout, crays and trophy pelagics.
Townsville might be having there own meet and greet, so at this stage I might head there as its alot closer.

Kind regards,

Mick

Needmorerum
30-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Corry I live at EMU PARK

I'll have to get onto you next time I'm up that way. We are looking at doing some more fishing around the Keppels in the new year. JD (CQ_Fisher) will probably bring his boat up as well. Look forward to catching up.

Corry

BladeRunner
30-11-2004, 04:04 PM
We have a venue BUFFALO BILLS In Gladstone Right next to the Entertainment Centre
In Gooddoon Street.
Date SATUERDAY 11th Dec Time 6.30 PM. For starters Drinks, then a meal if you are hungry.
There is a car parking area in the street behind the Entertainment Centre.
Can we have an idear who might be coming ? Corry, JD, Seafox to advise.
Regards

seafox
01-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Corry spoke to bladerunner last night I will be coming also rang Newby and he is interested as well will ring you latter

Cheers
Jeff

CQ_Fisher
02-12-2004, 09:18 AM
G'day boys,

I was very interested in attending to have a few beers and a bit of a chat, after futher investigation i have since found that my work christmas party is on that weekend so i will unfortunately no be able to attend. Definately next time though.

Cheers
JD

p.s. If you know of anybody in the market for a quality tinnie, point them in my direction as i am going to have to sell my boat >:( :'( (see for sale section for more details).

DNO40
02-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Work party at the same time over at Yachties will prevent me from attending, although am hoping to catch up with some of you sooner or later.

BladeRunner
07-12-2004, 03:28 PM
OK WHO IS COMING
NEED SOME NUMBERS TO BOOK US IN, RE SEATING AND STUFF. (ALLOWED FOR 12 ?)
ON THE 11Th DEC AT 6.30 PM bUFFALO BILLS GALADSTONE .
RING ME ON 0404 828 335. PLEASE AS SOON AS YOU CAN .

Needmorerum
10-12-2004, 05:47 PM
So who's coming

Corry

PS. Newby, Volvo, haven't heard from you, are you coming.

NEWBY
11-12-2004, 02:11 AM
Sorry fellas, been flat out at work. Dont know from 1 day to the next what the hell I am doing at the moment. I know that IF and I do say IF the weather man had it right this Sunday, I am going for a fish.lol. Corry, give me a ring at Motorworld today if you get a chance. number is 49715777. Ask for Dave Newbound. I will check the diary and ask the trouble and strife what we are doin'. Would love to meet you all if I can get the chance.

bay_firey
11-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Sorry guys the dates just don't suit, In Hervey Bay this weekend with the family and back to rocky on sunday arvo.
Will be a CQ resident permanently after mid January so will de in for next time

BladeRunner
11-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Ok Every one I know how hard it is to meet a deadline so thanks for your replys
May be next time in the new year we could get together for a chat & drink
Wish you all a merry christmas
and see you on the water
From BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

agnes_jack
12-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Bladerunner
I would love to come up and meet some of you guys, but just way too busy in dec-jan
Maybe I can meet a few of you at the 1770 meet and greet in feb?

Regards, Tony :)