PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!!

svenc
11-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Just a quick message to say Hi to all in Oz, I have an interest in angling all over the world and hope to post on whats going on here in the UK.

Chat soon

Tony_N
12-12-2004, 12:44 AM
welcome svenc

There are several members who are from overseas and it is always interesting to get their perspectives on fishing.
There are also at least two members here in Australia who cut their teeth fishing in the UK and who have seen the light and emigrated to Oz.
This is a very good site, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Tony

ba229
12-12-2004, 05:56 AM
Great another Pom ;D

There are more Poms on this site than Aussies now and the bad part is they are all moving over here to live.

Ahhh well welcome to the site and have a good time :-)

Derek Bullock
12-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Whats wrong with us Poms. #:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Welcome to Ausfish.

Derek

ba229
12-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Ummm nothing.....

you just keep playing cricket to your ability ok? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dug
12-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Nothing is wrong with Poms you just have to dig the hole big enough to fit them in. ;D

Greeting Svenc welcome to the site have fun but don't expect mercy.

What part of Pommyland do you live and fish in?

cheers doug

Derek Bullock
12-12-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm an Aussie in the cricket season. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

el_carpo
13-12-2004, 02:29 AM
Hello Svenc,

I am a "resident alien" as well here on Ausfish ( I live in Chicago, Illinois in the U.S.). You'll enjoy talking fishing with these Australians. They have a lot of knowledge of all types of fishing and are always generous with their advice and tips. One word of caution though--if you see the term, "drop bear" used, be careful. ;D ;D ;D They tried that one on me a couple of times.....It almost worked too. ;D But really, it's a great site with very friendly people who share a love for fishing and the outdoors. It will be neat to read some reports from the UK from you.

Also, if you don't mind me asking a few questions. What do you catch most often? What is your favorite style of fishing? In America, we are now just learning some of the "European" methods you folks have been using and it is becoming very popular. There are even fishing tournaments based entirely on this "new" way of fishing. Looking forward to reading your posts.

E.C.

P.S. -- Wait 'til you see some of the sharks these guys run into in Oz. They look like school buses with teeth! :o And some of their fish are only slightly smaller. Mind boggling stuff!

Good fishing!

PinHead
13-12-2004, 03:07 AM
el-carpo..would much rather tangle with a shark than a school bus full of kids.

bidkev
13-12-2004, 05:23 AM
Welcome to the site svenc. Where do you hail from? I'm from Blackpool, originally. Hope you have a large bladder.......Poms are the subject of much piss-taking here :-)

The Verminator

Dug
13-12-2004, 06:41 AM
El Carpo what are you doing warning him about the drop bears if the truth about them ever gets out no one will visit Australia!! :-X

Bloody hell man! As if great white sharks and giant blue ringed octopus aren't bad enough for our tourism.

Dug
13-12-2004, 06:43 AM
Damm did I mention the giant blue ringed octopuses.
They don't exist OK, they are just a myth. [smiley=angel.gif]

notts_so
13-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the site svenc hope you enjoy it as much as i have
....notts so [smiley=sneaky.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

fishsmith
13-12-2004, 07:06 AM
Svenc, welcome to the site,hope you can post some pics and fishing reports from over your way.
It would be interesting also to here any political comment about whats happening within the angling circles over there as well.All the best and a safe and merry christmas and new year smithy... 8)

el_carpo
13-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Pinhead, I think I agree. A bus full of kids is a match for any shark. Thirty kids full of sugar belting out an enthusiastic rendition of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall (the full version)" could kill a dinosaur on dino-sedatives!

Dug, LOL! Sorry about that. I hope the Australian tourism won't suffer too badly. From now on, I'll help to keep the secret safe! ;D

Svenc, You have a walking library here in the form of the poster, Kingtin. If you want some tips for your neck of the woods, he's the one to ask. I remember a post he made a while back where he was featured in a newspaper article because he did so good in rough conditions (you may find it in using the "search" feature).

You have found a really good site here! Ask a question and you'll get it answered. Quickly and thoroughly too, more often than not.

E.C.

Australia!--A Drop Bear free zone, or so the story goes. ;D

MTpockets
14-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Hi and welcome ;D
You have done one thing right today.....
You ended up here, what you dont learn from here hasnt been invented yet ;D