PDA

View Full Version : Boat fishing for dummies

wombat10
14-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Up until recently i have been a land based angler but now i have a boat i can get out in, my skills max out at a basic rig, pulling up in an area other boats are and drifting.

I rely on pure luck to catch a feed and want to change that!

can anyone recomend a mag or book that can teach me what i need to know?

or.....anyone around the botany bay area that knows what their doing but doesnt have a boat and wants to get out on the bay?

Dug
14-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Rough Water Power Boating by Mark A Robinson

Nothing on fishing but a must read for when the "OH SH!T" is said onboard a boat and things turn nasty.

Join your local coast guard and take their training you will pick up a lot of local knowledge from those guys.

gunna
14-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Might also be worth asking over on Fishraider. There are quite a few Botany Bay regulars over there [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Have you fished round Molyneaux much. Can be good once you get a good berley trail going.

Tony_N
14-12-2004, 11:47 AM
There's probably not one book/mag that does the lot - but a really good intro is Julie and Lawrie McEnally's book Bluewater Fishing Guide published by the Australian Fishing Network. I got mine some time ago at KMart

Tony

devocean
14-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Just try everything, experiment as fishing is more about learning every time you fish I reckon. I have been fishing for over 20 years and i still learn and try new stuff every time I go. So best advice would be to fish more

wombat10
14-12-2004, 06:29 PM
thanks for the replies, they all help,
as for fishing more......i only work 3 days a week and fish 4 (weather permitting) and i dont think my boss would like me taking more days off ;D