PDA

View Full Version : Tips on where to fish?

scupper
17-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi all.

Im new to SEQLD and was hoping for some friendly advice. Is the Pimpama river worth a try at the moment? I am hoping to head out Sunday morning for a fish from my kayak and this river is not too far from where I live. Where should I launch from? or is it worth trying someplace else.

Any input would be great.

Regards,
Gerard.

blaze
17-12-2004, 02:54 PM
IN THE WATER
sorry couldnt resist mate
Welcome to the greatest fishin web site, I am in Tassie mate, can show ya down this way.
Plenty of members will help you on the question

Dug
17-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Hey Scuppa welcome to the site I'm on the sunny coast but there has to be someone do the research on your area. If no one answers your questions let us know how you go! it has to be worth a try especially if none one here has fished it ;D

The best place to go fishing ........In the water! [smiley=laola.gif]

Captian_Zero
17-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Scupper

Have alook at this link for Nugget's thoughts on the Pimpama River.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/nugget/locations.htm

vp3
17-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Scupper, The Pimpama IS worth a go but be carefull at low tide, very low water toward the mouth. The best ramp to put in from is Diamond Head. If you take the road going east just north of "dreamworld" which goes past the Coomera railway station and follow it untill it hits water that is "diamond head" a beautiful spot. This is where the Pimpama River, McCoys Creek (a protected marine habitat) and the Coomera River meet and if you get thirsty and arn't driving to the east is Sth Stradbroke Island Resort and Couran Cove.
Tight Lines Ian