PDA

View Full Version : Recreational Fishing License

fishsmith
15-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Rec marine license for Queensland,yes,no,maybe what do you think??

notts_so
15-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Hell NO NO NO NO NO

Derek Bullock
15-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Oh dear, you started something now.

Look out for the fallout.

I am for them as long as their is a "concrete" guarantee where the revenue will be used.

Derek

fishsmith
15-12-2004, 09:14 AM
I have to admit that i'm for them if all monies raised go's back into our sport eg pro buy backs,stocking,fisheries management etc....Smithy... 8)

agnes_jack
15-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Never yet seen a concrete guarantee from the government!
Ask the fishermen in new south if ALL there monies goes back into protection of the resource, or to better the rec fishing in any way.

I would be for a license if that was the case, but I sincerly doubt that would be the case.

Volvo
15-12-2004, 09:25 AM
:oWhat??, ya gotta be jokin lol..Pay so much for Boat n Trailer Rego now and cant get a boarding pontoon adjascent to out local Boat ramp for safety sake so how could one trust em to use the monies in the right arena's to start with??..
Cheers

dazza
15-12-2004, 10:34 AM
this quote is taken from the fin fish management policy strategic directions document
"Investigate generating funds for fisheries adjustment schemes and fisheries research through:

- direct contributions from recreational, charter and commercial sectors"

how are recreational anglers going to directly contribute??

cheers
dazza

Sportfish_5
15-12-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm with Volvo. I already pay enough in boat /trailer registration for what can only be described as pathetic boat launching facilities.

I am in Perth atm and you should see some of the trailer boat ramps here #:o :o :o 6 lanes with boarding jetty between each lane, good parking - NICE

Fair enough for those without boats though #;D ;D ;D ;D - NOT !

baldyhead
15-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Ask the government to account for the boating facility fee that is part of your boat registration. I have and they cannot account for ALL of it. How about the taxes that you pay for fishing tackle,bait,fuel and so on ?
WE ALREADY PAY MORE THAN ENOUGH!!!!!

PinHead
16-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Absolutely no way...sure..the Govt might say it will all go back into fisheries minus the Admin. costs..but just watch and wait as the Admin. costs grow..then the pollies will see how much the income is and siphon some off into consolidated revenue...Energex is a prime example.."Ohhh, so much money..no need for maintenance or anything. Let's make our budget look all rosy."

NO BLOODY WAY..NO LICENSE

luigi
16-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Trust the Polly's & Bureaucrats to keep their hands off rec license moneys? NOT BLOODY LIKELY!! :P >:(

Fitzy
16-12-2004, 09:33 PM
In Qld there is the compulsory Private Pleasure Vessel Levy (PPV) that everyone pays with their boat rego. This is effectively a licence & as yet, with promises laid in the table at the start, nobody can tell us WHERE this money is going. It was promised to be used only for ramps, research etc but is not.

Why pay a 2nd time for something you're not getting anything back from after the first dip into your pockets.

Dont get conned here folks. This one ranks right up there with the snow job the federal folk pulled by selling half of Telstra off to the community. We bloody well owned 100% of it in the first place!! [smiley=angryfire.gif]

Fool me once shame on you,
Fool me twice shame on me!

Fitzy..

Fishbone
17-12-2004, 04:35 AM
Rec Licence - No way!!

Govt cannot be trusted - money will go into Consolidated funds and be used somewhere else!!

agnes_jack
17-12-2004, 05:36 AM
WELL
I guess its unanimous!! ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony

Gazza
17-12-2004, 06:15 AM
101% now Tony..... ;D ;D ;D

Grrrr....can we go back to eating the green lettuce we're being feed :P ,now that's sorted ::)
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

aok47
17-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Been reading various posts on ausfish for a while but never posted anything until now.

What compelled me to register and post was this:

I am a Victorian angler and remember a similar discussion regarding the introduction of a Recreational Fishing Licence in Victoria many moons ago...

We were led to believe that by paying for a piece of paper we would become stakeholders in the fishery and finally be listened to and consulted with when it came to government decisions that would affect our recreation, we were told that the money would be used to BENEFIT recreational angling, we were told that the licence money would buy out commercial fishing licences in out enclosed waters....

We were told ALOT of things and the result has been nothing short of a con-job. Sure they bought out commercial fishing licences, but they were inactive to start off with!!! Consultation meetings have morphed into "information" meetings where the government tells us what is going to happen but do not listen to any of our concerns.

We already pay enough taxes for our recreation through GST on all our fishing related purchases, boat ramp fees, boat/trailer rego,... >:(

A Fishing Licence in Victoria = another TAX on our recreation.

Look at what has happened in Victoria "the place to be" and don't be conned into thinking otherwise ;)

Cheers

AK

mini696
17-12-2004, 08:42 AM
I am for them as long as their is a "concrete" guarantee where the revenue will be used.

Same here... Problem is the only concrete gaurantee we ever get from the government is there is always a way to back out of the gaurantee. Hey, Mr John "Not a Core Promise" Howard!!

I am still waiting to hear where my boat rego tax's have gone...

Penno
18-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Next you will have to fill in a log book for the amount of fish caught, fish put back, will we get a credit for fish not kept ?.