PDA

View Full Version : Is Nugget a 10?

gif
11-12-2004, 03:40 PM
No, I don’t think the guru on the Logan is suddenly looking more attractive.

Come to think of it, he I looking a little better when I saw him last week - hair cut, beard trimmed - he was even wearing shoes. (same sad hat though) So we all guessed something was going on.

Turns out they liked his segment on sharks in the canals last week on Channel 10 News. They liked it so much they offered him a job. A regular spot for a Fishing report every Friday night. It will be probably on at the end of the news - channel 10 – some time after 5.

He said he’s going to try to make it a real and useful report – helping out the beginners where he can and passing on news to guys like Ausfish members.

If you can give him a hand that will be great - and good for the sport too. He said he will be looking for good and detailed reports, especially on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday - and your photos emailed to him at his channel 10 email address. don’t know it yet but I will ask him to post it up here.

So – next Friday 17th I’ll meet you back here and compare notes.

Talking Fishing on 4BC (5-6am) is still going on - so he will be a busy boy!

Gary

Cheech
11-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Well,, that explains that post by Dave a while ago about what we would like to see in a report.

Look forward to the reports.

It was actually Dave that introduced me to Ausfish and recommended I join. Was a bit hessitant as I had never been on a chat site before. I remember DC saying it was ok as it was not like we were on here trying to pick up some ugly *** ****. Oops, did I say that....

Anyway, it is surprising what you can contribute, even if you are less experienced, you can add in other areas. I even helped Nugget out when I put up a post about trailer security and suncorp insurance. (ie chain and padlock is not valid).

Anyway, hope it goes well.

Cheech

dfox
11-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Good luck to him then, hope it works out well ;D ;D...foxy

Nugget
12-12-2004, 03:23 AM
I was particularly keen to get the viewers involved so Network Ten have set up an email address to send your fishing photos and questions to. - fishpix@networkten.com.au
You can also email me direct - nugget@ausfish.com.au
just put "fishing" in the subject line as I'm getting 300 odd spam emails a day and sometimes miss the important fishing related ones.

I also have a high quality video camera to run around and shoot footage of what's being caught so if you have a good day - ring me from the water and I'll meet you at the ramp.
I won't post my phone number, but I'm happy to give it to Ausfish members by email or PM - just keep it in your phone "in case".

My aim is to give you some options for the weekend based on what I've found out from other anglers and my own fishing during the week.
I'll leave weather predictions to the experts - I'm not one however I'll take it into consideration if it is going to have an effect on the weekend's fishing. (rain... what rain!)

Look forward to getting Ausfish members involved in the Ten segment.

Dave ><>

Sportfish_5
12-12-2004, 03:34 AM
Great news Nugget. Brownies segment is dropping off in quality regarding fishing so this is tops ;D

Regards

Greg

agnes_jack
12-12-2004, 04:44 AM
Good on ya Nugget,
hope it all goes well for ya, and look forward to the reports!!

Regards, Tony

Remo
12-12-2004, 06:35 AM
Congrats Nugget!!

I was thinking there, that it wouldn't happen

mini696
12-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Good on you Nugget. I have always enjoyed your radio show so hopefully this'll be just as good.

Now I realise you've been so busy I'll forgive you for not updating your predictions page. ;)

Mick

DaneCross
12-12-2004, 07:51 AM
I remember DC saying it was ok as it was not like we were on here trying to pick up some ugly *** ****
LOL Cheech, did I say that?? :P :-X ;D But it is true, where would we be without it??? ;D

Thats great to hear Dave, I look forward to your reports. It'll be great to see some of these blokes on TV getting some exposure. Hopefully I'll catch something TV worthy one day myself ;)

Ten News' ratings just went up! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Dane

Nugget
12-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the encouragment - I'll do my best but it'll be me "warts 'N all" so expect a few furphies and stuff ups...!

I can talk fishing till the cows come home but when they stick a camera in your face, the words don't always come out exactly as you want.

It has been said by many that I have a great head for radio but as Gary mentioned - I've had a sort of a shave and haircut - dug the mullet gut from under my finger nails, picked the jew scales off by forehead and gave the badges on my hat a spit polish...

It'll be interesting...

Dave ><>

Derek Bullock
12-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Oh bugger, it's just a fishing show. I guess they wont need me baking pumpkin fruit muffins. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good on you Dave. This has been a long time coming for you.

Cheers.

Derek

webby
12-12-2004, 01:57 PM
You better book in to Changing Faces Also ;D

searaider
12-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Good luck Nugget ,
Hope it all goes , a report with real local content will be great . [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Hope you still find some time to go fishing . ;D

Peter
Searaider 2

Derek Bullock
12-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Or Extreme Makeover ??? ???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mono
12-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Come on fellas, Daves already been knocked back from those 'makeover' shows-something to do with not a big enough budget and not enough time!!!

Well done mate, I told you it would happen sooner or later and dont listen to those nasty blokes, we know you are handsome on the inside!!!!!

Fitzy
12-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Good onya Dave. Hope the segment is a success. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

fitz

nonibbles
12-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey Fitzy if I ring you from Hinchinbrook will ya meet me at the ramp?

Fitzy
12-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Fitzy if I ring you from Hinchinbrook will ya meet me at the ramp?
I think you've got buckleys of either Nugget or myself meeting you there. Tho it would be pretty good just being close enough to be able to do so. ;D

fitz

BigE
13-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Best of luck nugget hope it all goes well ............. when you get to do that end of year special to the cape or darwin i'm in(fishing guide Quality Assurance Tester) after all it would look poor if you (THE STAR) got stiffed with a dud guide. (anything to help mate) best of luck BigE

notts_so
13-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Good onya nugget but if ya have a cooking segment do us a favour dont let derek cook his pumpkin fruit muffins peaple will start to think all us fisherman are soft lol

kevy
13-12-2004, 10:14 AM
cmon, nugget, cmon, go hard & go fast, all the best kevy. ;) ;)

Derek Bullock
13-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaw, come on Notts-so, don't you know that real men eat pumpkin.

Want me to share my recipe for pumpkin fruit cake as well. #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

Touchy - R.I.P.
14-12-2004, 03:14 AM
Derek, Never mind the pumpkin stuff,I'm waiting for you to come up with a real mans meal, like green ginger wine marinated cheerios or green ginger wine coleslaw ; :o :o D. Best of luck Nugget,hope your ideas re the format for the segment take off. Dont forget I was the first to ask for your autograph. Cheers Touchy. ><>.

Derek Bullock
14-12-2004, 07:49 AM
??? ??? ??? ??? Cheerios ....................... mmmmmmmmmmmm ............... green wine ...................... the ideas are endless.

Derek ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
14-12-2004, 01:54 PM
dave,

Congrats Dave !
'bout time a surf rat made hollywood.
Channel 10 has a new viewer watching what will be the best report & summary on the tube.

I can talk fishing till the cows come home but when they stick a camera in your face, the words don't always come out exactly as you want...

i'll tune in just waiting for the TV reincarnation of the "gold nugget" quote. Maybe they could do some witty graphics - the mind boggles...

You'll knock 'em dead dave. All you need to remember is its just ya mates on the other side of the camera & they would never ever make fun of you #::) ....

...oh yeah & a couple million others too. #;D

Nugget
16-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement.
The format is pretty tight but I will try to get as much variety as I can into the reports.
I'll concentrate on what has been biting... simple as that.
Unfortunately I can't be everywhere and know it all so the more info, reports and photos you send the better.

Rest assured Chris - I'll be in the suds with my waders on for a report when the greenbacks are on - it's in my blood.

Derek if you can prepare, cook and eat with lots of yum yum sounds in 10 seconds - I might be able to fit it in.
It's the first step... the one hour show on prime time is a little way off yet but we'll fit you in then!

If anyone has any recent photos - particularly bread and butter fish like bream, whiting flathead or crabs - email them to me ASAP - I need some for the first week until the viewers start emailing them in.
Straight out of the camera in the highest resolution you can is best.

Dave ><>

propdinger
18-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Dave

when does this all start ????

thanks
jeff

Nugget
18-12-2004, 12:09 PM
It's supposed to start on tonight's Network 10 news... but the make up people had a hell of a time trying to make me look presentable.
I'm not sure if they will use it.. they're worried I might scare the little kids.

I thought 52 "takes" was a pretty good effort for my first try.
In the end they just bleeped out the swear words.

Dave ><>

propdinger
18-12-2004, 01:30 PM
cool thanks i thought it was tonight

Cloud_9
18-12-2004, 01:52 PM
im still waiting for it to come on
better than the glossy stars effort there too worried about the sideline stuff
books and the likes

hope it works out.

Cheers Cloud 9

Derek Bullock
18-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Was Nugget THE man or what. :) :) :) :)

Great show that can only get better Dave.

Good onya.

Derek

propdinger
18-12-2004, 02:37 PM
top job dave

keep it up

jeff

Heath
18-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Ahhh Shiiiiit, I missed it. Damn PS2 V8 Supercars game :-X :-X :-X

PinHead
18-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Dave..a tip for surf fishing. Just have the camera aimed at a female sunbathing in the foreground and some dude fishing in the distance. At the Pin...we have all seen some of the deckies on some of the sailing boats..some of them will do also..but just remember to have someone fishing in the background...to maintain the theme of the segment.

Derek...I have to agree with Touchy..anything to do with green ginger wine is a definite winner. Forget the damn pumpkins.

Sergio_kutz
19-12-2004, 09:08 AM
AAAAHHHH!!!! nugget!!!! i missed your first show... and you put scotty's fish on and all!!! Stupid in the mood for cricket and being down at the nets at 5.... Hopefully someone we know saw it and saw him on there. Keep it up nugget!! If you need any more pics of whiting and bream, i'd be glad to go and get you a few.

Tight lines, Sergio

Nugget
19-12-2004, 12:31 PM
No worries Serge - and thanks for the positive comments everyone.
It looks like they are going to put it to air just before 6pm rather than 5.35 like I thought.
I was surprised I didn't get any flack about my Touchy comments...! - I'm sure the old fella will give me stick next time I step foot on his boat!

It was sad to see that Channel 9 have cut their fishing report.
Andy Phipps (Phippsy) who has been hosting the segment for quite a few years, is a good mate of mine and a top bloke.
My understanding is it was cut because of format changes, nothing to do with Phippsy.
He is a talent and a personality and I'm sure he will surface in TV or media somewhere in the near future.

I spent most of today running between boat ramps and talking to fishos to make sure I'm up to date with what's been caught - and I'll be doing the same tomorow and most of the week - and fishing myself of course!
I'm confident - although it might take a lot of make up and a few anti-stuttering lessons - I'll have a 'must watch' fishing report before too long.

Cheers all - catch you at the Ausfish Xmas do Sunday.

Dave ><>