PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Xmas Do !

Lucky_Phill
02-12-2004, 12:31 PM
G'day all.

This post is to get some feed back on a Xmas get together.

At this stage, VMR Victoria Point have kindly offered to put on food and drink for us at their Base, well, the park next to the base.

This will be #, #and I repeat will be, a NON #GROG event, due to public areas being a no drinking zone ( go figure ).

VMR will put on a variety of finger foods and have soft drinks for sale. The Idea is to support the VMR as a whole, and get together after a mornings fishing.

So, we are looking at bringing the Missus and Kids.

At this stage, Sunday 19th December is good, and we can kick off about midday. #If we want to move to another location after this to have some ' libation', that can be done.

OK, so I left it a little late to tell ya's, but hey !

so, in suming up.

Sunday 19th, December, midday.

VMR Vikky Point

Finger food #( cost to be arranged, but much less than $10 a head )

Soft drinks for sale.

probably a raffle.

#What are your thoughts ?

Cheers #Phill

Chrisso
02-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Sorry Phill I probably won't be able to make it - best of wishes for the party though.

I reakon it would be great - sounds like an enjoyable day to be had by all attendees.

Tight lines to all those who will keenly wet a line on the day - no doubt there will be a few braggers ;D #;)

I will be in Perth on the 15th of December - probably in a heat wave lol.

Regards

Chris :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Derek Bullock
02-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey Phil

I hope to be there.

Derek

searaider
02-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Geday Phil ,
If it goes ahead , I'll be there .

Peter
Searaider 2

Fitzy
02-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Great idea Phil.
Cant make it unfortunately. A few of us have an overnight do planned up the top of the river that weekend. :-X

Fitzy..

skippa
02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Yep Phill,

I'm off that weekend, and just so happens I'll in that area with $10 in my back pocket to take some of those Mac slugs offaya ;D

ERRR seriously, it's the only weekend I'm free between now and Chrissy and would love to meet some of you guys in person.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

ken4159
02-12-2004, 05:01 PM
i'll be there phill not a problem

aquarius
02-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Yep Phill its my rostered weekend off on the 19th so count me in.
Hope you have plenty of those mac slugs for sale...lol
How much for 12?
Cheers Brent ;D

MY-TopEnder
02-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Count me in... and if he's lucky i'll bring that little bugger dirty mole along to.

cindy
03-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Phill,

I'd love to attend, will be interesting to meet some of the people that I have had discussions with.
regards

Cindy

propdinger
03-12-2004, 12:08 PM
i should be able to come, unless im told different ::) hehe

jeff

Lucky_Phill
03-12-2004, 01:11 PM
to further intice the hordes, I do believe there may be some ( seafood ) included in the cost on the day. mmmm food for thought there.

Further, I am not saying you CAN"T drink at the do, it's just that , by Law, it's illegal, and should some Wowser ph the Fuzz, you may get a visit.

Need the numbers , people, so make the commitment !

Cheers Phill ( Ho Ho Ho ) ;D ;D ;D

Dirty_Mole
03-12-2004, 03:04 PM
apparently im going i hope i can because i will have money

imported_admin
03-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Heading out with Fitzy up the river on the Saturday night but will get back in town and to the Xmas Do on the Sunday.

crazymorton
03-12-2004, 05:03 PM
i'll come along....great idea
;D

adriancorrea
03-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Ill try and make it that weekend
I have that weekend off.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Nugget
04-12-2004, 02:15 AM
I should be able to make it - count me in.

Dave ><>

aido
04-12-2004, 06:45 AM
one of these days i'll be rostered off work when the do is on...
till then,
aido.

jaybee
04-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Working pick another day pref saturday :-[

redspeckle
05-12-2004, 04:46 PM
i hope to make it as long the weather is not to hot :( (means called into work ) and be great to meet fellow ausfishers there :)

Cloud_9
06-12-2004, 12:09 PM
i'll be there. the wife and grub's a maybe.

tiss the sesion to be jolly, ful la la la lar la la la lar.

Cheers Cloud 9

jeffo
06-12-2004, 03:37 PM
weather pending ill be there :) with mel in tow i dare say

Lucky_Phill
08-12-2004, 01:29 PM
OK, looks like we got numbers.

So " I'll ask Lloyd to post here, further information regarding this event.

stay tuned.

Phill

vp3
09-12-2004, 04:54 PM
As most of you are aware Lloyd (subzero) has recomended VMR Victoria Point as a venue for this years Ausfish christmas lunch. This is not what we profess to be experts at but will do our best. I have been asked to post the menu for the luncheon.
# #Ausfish luncheon 19.12.2004 #Menu
Children eat and drink free - Thanks to Steve Brown (Ausfish)
# # # # # #to the value of $100.00
Entree
Tiger Prawns (10kg)
Asstd Finger Food, dipping sauce provided

Main (cold)
Marinated Chicken / Shaved Steak, # #Cheerios(childrens menu)
Salad - Lettuce, carrot, tomato, beetroot, pineapple, cheese
# # # # # # with choice of sauces
Mashed Potato
Peas

Desert
Apple Danish with cream
The cost of the meal will be by donation to VMR Vicky Pt mininum of $5.00 to ?? or what ever your happy with.
We will be running a raffle 1st prize Waterside Assist Membership for 12 months, 2nd prize is 5kg Tiger Prawns, the winner is drawn on the day by Lucky Phill and will be announced on the Ausfish site.
One thing that is essential for our catering purposes, so no one goes hungry, is an accurate number of adults and children that will be attending. If every one who is a definate yes could mail me at # # ipriestley@vmr.org.au # # it would be helpfull.
Hope to see you there. Cheers Ian

Lucky_Phill
09-12-2004, 05:52 PM
VMR Victoria Point is located at the end of Colburn Avenue, Victoria Point.

Plenty of parking and room for the kids #etc. #Why knot ( that's nautical ) take the family out for the morning, over to Coochiemudlo Beach, leaving from Vikky Point boat ramp ? #

We'll kick off about 12 noon.

This is a great opportunity to meet Steve Brown, your host & owner of this site, along with many other people you've never met face to face. #Many old faces will be there as well.

Apparently there is only one rule for the day. # No Lycra.

Bugga ! # #;D # # # ;D # # #:P

So, take this opportunity to bring the Wife, Kids, Girlfriends and others along for a pleasant afternoon.

Look forward to meeting the newbies.

And as stated above, let's get the numbers in !

Cheers # Phill

need help, 0419 020 697 (me ) or Lloyd 0403 539485

subzero
09-12-2004, 06:06 PM
No Lycra???
Damn, I was really looking forward to seeing Webby dressed up too ;D :-X
Looking forward to the day, see you all there
Cheers Lloyd

crazymorton
10-12-2004, 03:14 PM
::)
im still there......how you gonna advise us all of final details??
sounds like a good day..............
:-*

deb
11-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Fits in well with our planned trip :)

Black_Rat
12-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Damm #>:(
Gotta move house that day ay well there is always 1770 next year #;D ;D ;D have a good one :)
Damo

Dirty_Mole
14-12-2004, 06:38 AM
i'll be there definately im going fishing with webby (i think) so might not be there till 1pm if not i'll be there with robert

cheers sam,

adriancorrea
14-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Anyone going fishing that weekend and need a deckie
Boats been out of the water now for 3 months or so and Im getting withdrawal symptoms lol
But Ill be at the xmas do Closest Ive been to the bay in a while

Tight Lines
Adrian

subzero
17-12-2004, 05:47 PM
READ THIS FIRST BEFORE SCROLLING TO THE NEXT POST

Not sure exactly how it works, but this is amazingly accurate. Read the full description before looking at the picture attached.

The attached photo has 2 identical dolphins in it.
It was used in a case study on stress level at St. Mary's Hospital.
Look at both dolphins jumping out of the water. The dolphins are identical.
A closely monitored, scientific study of a group revealed that in spite of the fact that the dolphins are identical, a person under stress would find differences in the two dolphins.
If there are many differences found between both dolphins, it means that the person is experiencing a high level of stress.
Look at the photograph and if you find more than one or two differences you need a vacation real bad.

subzero
17-12-2004, 05:50 PM
The two dolphins look the same to me.
Ever since I gave up the drugs,drinking, smoking and sex I have never been less stressed.

vp3
17-12-2004, 05:53 PM
I think a visit to the shrink is what I need
Ian

subzero
17-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok you Ausfishers, all jokes aside, any more of you going to swing by this Sunday to the Ausfish Xmas tuckerfest???
Got to do some shopping for the kai, (Thats Maori for food), dont want anyone going hungry ;D

nisrol
17-12-2004, 07:08 PM
HMMMM yeh yeh , i might be leaving it late but am going to do my best to be there as well so watch out for the white ford maverick full of family ( no i'm not aboriginal HA HA ) but won't have the old girl on the back cause she won't be ready by then , But am hoping to be out on the water the week after and yes i already have three deckies that want to go

cheers and see ya's at the VMR vic point andy

subzero
18-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Thanks Nisrol ;D

Touchy - R.I.P.
18-12-2004, 02:57 AM
Hope everyone has a great time & I'm sure Subzero & the vmr mob will put on a great afternoon. Merry Xmas to all. Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-12-2004, 03:16 AM
i reckon that dolphin on the right slow cooking over a pit of coals would feed a few very nicely. ;D

Won't be attending Lloyd - Noosa on the 18th to set up camp then Helensvale on the Sunday to wish merry Xmas to the princess' Nanna. Just me the highway & the bluerinse set this weekend unfortunately -

as Touchy said, Merry Xmas to all - enjoy the day & stay safe.

chris ;D

subzero
18-12-2004, 12:28 PM
No worrys Touchy and Chris, have a good weekend
Cheers Lloyd

philip_thomson
18-12-2004, 12:42 PM
sorry for leaving it so late have been away for the last week. i will be down there on sunday for sure. home alone so nothing else to do.
looking forward to meetiing some more people

cheers phil

subzero
18-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks Phillip, good feed, good company, and a few LATE showers and thunderstorms.
See you their
Cheers Lloyd

bungie
18-12-2004, 04:35 PM
put me down for two please Lloyd.

Thanks

subzero
19-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Cheers Bungie

subzero
19-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Just to remind people about tommorrow and also to answer a couple of PM's I have had asking about the Ausfish lunch and the cost of the meal.

Kids eat and drink free thanks to Steve Brown the Ausfish site owner who has generously put forward $100-00 for the kids. ;D

We are asking for a minimum $5-00 to cover costs per person. We are suggesting if you think the meal you had was worth $10-00 a head, then people might like tp pay that. Basicly you pay what you think it is worth and are happy to pay. :)
No one will be asked for any money, people cough up after they have eaten, we feel that this way everyone is happy and pay for the value that they put on it themselves.... ???
Strange way to run a buissiness, and you wouldnt take the risk in real life but we are sure Ausfishers wont let us come away losing money. At the end of the day if we break even we are not concerned and are happy, if we make a few $$$ for VMR better still.....
Their will be a raffle at $1 a ticket 1st prize waterside assist membership, 2nd prize 5kg Calypso king prawns... [smiley=balloon2.gif]
How can we even put such a big feed on like this and keep it to such a low cost? It helps when my boss VP3 can hit some of our suppliers up for donations, trust me, it will be a good feed.
Hope the info helps
Cheers Lloyd [smiley=chef.gif]

subzero
19-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Did I mention we have some crumbed prawn cutlets (not many, maybe 50 odd, first in first served), mini spring rolls, 70 crumbed chicken drumsticks, 7 chickens, 10kg King Prawns, shaved steak, mashed potatos, salads the list go's on and on, hope no ones on a diet!!! (And pudding too).
We have softdrink at a $1 a can for the adults but their will be some free to the kids as in the above post thanks to Steve.

subzero
19-12-2004, 05:03 PM
For those of you coming by road here are a couple of maps. We are where the target, circle crosshair thing is.

subzero
19-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Further out