PDA

View Full Version : Buffet / Smorgasbord Restaurants?

Render
03-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Well it's like this...

I got some mates coming down from England for a visit and a fish early next year.

I met these mates at Wanstead Rugger club back home. One of 'em is 6'8" and weighs a good 280lbs. The rest are only slightly smaller.

What's yer point you ask?

Well, they eat like the size of blokes they are, don't they? So I'm thinking that the only way to keep these blokes happy after the fishin trips is to find all the buffet / smorgasbord restaurants in the Gold Coast and point 'em there.

Which is where you lot come in. If you know of any buffets, could ya post them here with maybe an idea of the menu and pricing?

I reckon it might be useful for all of us to have a guide to the good buffets, too.

Cheers and thanks,

R

Heath
03-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Maaaaate,

Marriott Hotel. Friday / Saturday Seafood Buffet

Am going tomorrow actually. Have fasted since yesterday lunch time ;D ;D ;D ::)

Good spread, but alittle expensive @ 59/head

But if your a big seafood eater, you'll get your $$$$ worth.

Spaniard_King
03-12-2004, 03:32 PM
[quote author=Heath link=board=General;num=1101981534;start=0#1 date=12/02/04 at 19:05:48]Maaaaate,
Am going tomorrow actually. Have fasted since yesterday lunch time ;D ;D ;D ::)

Good spread, but alittle expensive @ 59/head
quote]

oy..... come on Heath you said it was only $55 a head... you not gettin comission are ya ::)

Heath
03-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Always lookin to make a quick buck ;)

imported_admin
03-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Yep, Marriott Hotel is my pick as well.

Black_Rat
03-12-2004, 05:32 PM
You could remind them after that 'World Cup' & well done. OLD NEWS !! Walllabies V ENG 2 - zip since #;D ;D Serious though pick an Aussie for a Seafood fest & a couple of poms and it's going to be all Good ! :-X ;D :D :D :D
Damo.

SCOTTYGC
04-12-2004, 04:45 AM
the one at the royal pines resort at ashmore is pretty good
i used to work there and sample the prawns and oysters as they came off the truck, very fresh prawns,oysters, bugs , crabs , smoked salmon and lots of other goodies hot and cold
you can pay extra and include unlimited beer, wine and soft drink as well well worth the extra $19.50 if they like a drink

Thursday - Monday Dinner $45.00

Sunday Seafood Lunch $45.00
Friday Seafood Buffet $45.00
- Live entertainment
Saturday Seafood Buffet $45.00
- Live entertainment
Beverage Package $19.50
Available with all seafood buffets - includes selected sparkling wine, red/white wine, beer or softdrink

Chrisso
04-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Or you could catch some serious fish when you are out fishing. #;) #:) Have confidence. #;)

Spaniard_King
04-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Or you could catch some serious fish when you are out fishing. #;) #:) Have confidence. #;)

::) maybe he is confident :-*

Escapee
04-12-2004, 08:35 AM
The buffet smorgasboard at the Tweed Heads Golf Club is my pick. Best range and variety of food i have ever come across and i've tried a few! Can't remember the price but am sure its cheaper than the ones in the replies already posted. Also the drinks are priced at golf club prices and not hotel prices!
I'll be there myself with the family sometime in the two weeks after Christmas Day. ;) ;D

jimbob
04-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Mate Shereton Hotel Brisbane Thursday nights. Awsome seafood & includes beers. Beer types include Corona, Crown & everything else good value. But may not sound appealing as the beer is cold ;) ;) ;)

Mad_Barry
04-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Isn't it ironic how as rec fishos we all like to plaster the pro's at every opportunity, but we still line up and scoff the seafood smorgasboards ;D, supplied by the very same pro's. 8)

Not a dig at anyone,, notice I said 'we'. ;D

Render
21-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the replies to this.

I'm familiar with the Tweed Gold club buffet... IIRC it's about $25, but only serves prawns, oysters and spanner crab by way of seafood.

There's a good buffet at the Twin Towns clubs here. The one in Banora point is about $12 and does mostly chinky tuck along with a carvery and seafood on Saturdays ($25)

The main Twin Towns resort on Jack Evans harbour does a good buffet, too... $25, but no seafood.

There's a Chinese smorgy on the Palm Beach. Four Seasons I think it's called with a good range of chinky grub for about $11 or so.

That's the ones I know. Anyone got any more, especially non-seafood ones?

Cheers,

R

SCOTTYGC
21-12-2004, 06:01 PM
the indian restaraunt at marina marige on the gold coast does one on a thursday night i think
if you like good indian this is the place plent of varity
book early last time i was there it was full of indians i good sign i belive
scotty

Touchy - R.I.P.
22-12-2004, 02:28 AM
I thought that was you there in the lone ranger suit Scotty,I left just as all the indians started to circle. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. T.><>.

beatle
22-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Club Banora (owned by Twin Towns ) does not have seafood anymore. The chinese /seafood operation has been replaced by Sizzlers.-Beatle

s.tury
22-12-2004, 01:59 PM
what about the sunshine coast its been a while since ive been to a good seafood buffet last one was at silks in brissie i think ,which was great also the beenleigh rum distillery which was fair but since i moved to sunshine coast ive never heard of any does anyone know of any up this way .

Cloud_9
22-12-2004, 03:55 PM
gaday render .
the sheriton brisbane has a good saturday lunch seafood buffet but there is allso roasts and other stuff.about $50 a head.
my wify and i have been a couple times . been to the sheriton gold coast too for saturday buffet, both top food. 1 of my Xmas bonus' was lunch for my wife and I at sheriton brisbane plus Cab fair from beenleigh and back, i have good boss. ;D

Cheers Cloud 9