PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Christmas Function Photos

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 01:31 PM
We descended on VMR Vicky Point and it looked like they were expecting us. The flag was flying upside downing showing they were in distress.

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Some of the boys standing around yarning

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 01:33 PM
And again

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Lloyd, yep that’s him under the funny hat, announcing the raffle.

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Ausfish himself, Steve Brown, wrapping things up prior to handing out Ausfish stickers to everyone.

A great day meeting great people.

Cheers

Derek

Nugget
20-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Great to put some faces to names and catch up with old friends.
I was keen to win second prize... - I already have a VMR Gold Card - wanted more of those prawns - they were tops.

Well done fellas - special thanks to Lucky Phil and SubZero.
Thanks for the hat too!

Dave ><>

crazymorton
20-12-2004, 01:46 PM
it was great day ;D
thx to Steve and good to meet you guys...
looking forward to the next one
merry xmas to you & your families
8)

webby
20-12-2004, 02:05 PM
You forgot the pumpkin scones dereck ;D
Good arvo, good food, no so good drinks ;D
Lotsa of talk stories and some small ;D
Meet some new and meet some very old ;D
Thanks to Llyod and the crew and the PHillus and Mr Brown for the donation.
Merry chrismass all
regards

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 02:07 PM
MUFFINS Webby MUFFINS ::) ::) ::) ::)

philip_thomson
20-12-2004, 02:27 PM
what a day :o it was great to finally put some faces to names.

big thanks to phill and Llyod for organising the day and the food. those prawns were delicious. ;D
thanks for the stickers steve.
and i would have liked to have tasted those pumpkin miffins :-/

cheers phil

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 02:35 PM
MUFFINS Phillip MUFFINS #::) ::) ::) ::)

Dirty_Mole
20-12-2004, 03:45 PM
yeah it was great thanks to all the guys who organised it oh and thanks nugget for making me feel special by taking photos of me and filming us and stuff at the ramp.

cheers sam,

Cloud_9
20-12-2004, 03:54 PM
AHHHHH .
yep. was a good turn out.
My wife Karen has told me to say thankyou for the luvly lunch.
and how nice it was to chat with the other ausfish wives and kiddies.
and Me well i got to meet so more of the degenerates that frequent the chat room ;D.
the only thing that would have toped off the day would have been a beer with the friends that made through Ausfish. but top day was had but my family.

Cheers Cloud 9

Merry Christmas to all the Ausfisher's

aquarius
20-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes enjoyed the arvo meeting old and new faces......Thanks to VMR for hosting this event and a big thanks to Lloyd for picking my number in the raffle.......Prawns will go down well Christmas day!!!!!!! ;D ;D
Cheers Brent

searaider
20-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Top Afternoon ,
Well done to everyone who set it up & to VMR Vic . Point for the venue . [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Great to say giday & put some faces to the members .
If not before , catch you all at the 1770 M & G .

Peter
Searaider 2

subzero
20-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi all, thanks for coming and pleased you had a good time.... it was good to catch up with everyone and put a face to a name.... most did not look anything like I imagined, especially Dirty Mole as up to 6 months ago I thought he was a female and I thought, geee, I would like to catch up with her ??? just shows ya, whats in a name!! ;D

Derek, Webby is just trying to annoy you calling those muffins of yours scones.... I also congratulate you on noticing the flag (Bugger, damned recruits), the culprits were hoisted from the yard arm and flogged within an inch of their miserable lives ::) but unfortunately they seemed to enjoy it[smiley=whip.gif]

Congratulations to AdamLeah on winning the Waterside assist membership (If you can possibly call in and see me some time over the New Year long weekend and we will fill out the details, I will be their for the whole 3 days)
Second prize, the 5kg King Prawns went to Aquarious, hope you enjoy them Xmas day if you can hang out that long....

Lastly several of you were interested to know how we made out $ wise.
We did very well on the day financialy, from memory after all expenses were taken out except for the cost of the soft drinks which were somewhere around the 140 mark we made $452-20... (less the soft drinks), a very pleasing result... this was not a fundraising event for us and we hoped to break even so thanks for all your support to everyone for actually making us some loot for the unit.
Special thanks must go to you Steve for providing this forum for us all to benefit from by bringing many of us together to cellebrate Xmas

Kind Regards and Merry Xmas to you all
Lloyd and the rest of the boys and girls from VMR Victortia Point [smiley=laola.gif]

Dirty_Mole
20-12-2004, 04:26 PM
were you dissapointed aye lloyd that i was male :P

MY-TopEnder
20-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Yeah cheers for a great day out guys... i had a great day chatting to the usuals and getting to know a few more of you guys.

Lloyd... Dirty Mole sure carries on like a girl when ya don't take him fishing for a while, so its easy to see where the name could have been mistaken :P

Also a very big thanks to Webby for taking the lil mole fishing in the morning... those mackies made a great dinner for us. Remind me i owe ya a carton of black cans for taking the bugger fishing.

adriancorrea
20-12-2004, 04:32 PM
I hope so Dirty Mole lol ;) :D ::)
Yes thankyou all the guys and gals from VMR and Steve and Phil.
A special thanks to Reel hard for taking me fishing today across the bay to the four beacons.
Your right there Kev those mackeral steaks were terific, thanks again.
Also good to put a face to some names and catch up with some of the regulars.
Wishing everyone in ausfish a merry xmas and a happy new fishing year.

Tight Lines
Adrian

vp3
20-12-2004, 04:44 PM
I will never be the same again DIRTY_MOLE a mere male, I'll have to rethink my life and what it means.
I hope all the Ausfishers who came to Vicky Pt today had a great time and feed. Thanks to Steve Brown for making this possible.
Merry Christmas to all.
Ian & Bev (the cooks)

subzero
20-12-2004, 04:50 PM
In my younger days I wasted a lot of time looking for people with nick names like Dirty Mole :-X
Now days I finally find one and he's a bloke ???
Life used to be so uncomplicated ::)
Na, not dissapointed at all, good to catch up with you and the others
Cheers Lloyd

vp3
20-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Derek the only thing I was disapointed in not seeing or eating was your famous muffins at the Ausfish Christmas party.
Is it true you are the "Muffin Man"

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Maybe we should have an Ausfish cook off one day. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

Fishinmishin
20-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Sound like a good day. I would of loved to be there but I was afraid Derek was going to bring some of those muffins and try to make me eat them :P. ;D

Fishinmishin
20-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Sorry I meant scones, not muffins :-X. ;D

adamleah
20-12-2004, 05:29 PM
As per everyone else ,,, Thanks to all it was a great day.arvo....
Missus was happy there was other kids down there ,,,, but next time she can stay at home .... ;D .. I dont wanna go to shops after things like that ..haha

LLOYD, Ill get down there over the new yr break and talk to you about that 1st Prize ;D PS. Foxy thanks or the help . ;)

vp3
20-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Derek I don't know what I'm up against as I have never had a chance to sample your best. I don't profess to be an expert in muffins only in seafood. Just imagine a muffin with a seafood aroma m m finger lickn' good
Ian

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Mullet Muffins :-X :-X :-X :-X

Scollop Scones :-X :-X :-X :-X

All of couse marinated in green ginger wine. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

MTpockets
20-12-2004, 05:43 PM
All of couse marinated in green ginger wine
Derek, They would be Touchy Taco's eh? or is that what you would call them AFTER you brought them back up?? ;D ;D ;D

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Nahhhhhhhhh .......... Tuna Tacos ::) ::) ::) ::)

vp3
20-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Mullet muffin must get the recipe from you. I have done a lot of things with mullet before. Years ago employed as a mullet sexer at the fish factory in Brisbane (sorting buck mullet from roe mullet as the roe is worth $$$$) but I have never been subjected to eating a mullet muffin. I doubt if you would be able to retire on the royaltities.
Cheers Ian

Derek Bullock
20-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Don't ya just shake them Ian and the males rattle. :-X :-X :-X :-X

Derek

nisrol
20-12-2004, 07:01 PM
was good to catch up with people of the same intrests ( FISHING ) and nice to meet some of the moderators of this increadible site ( derek you could at least have got my better side it looks like a hind quarter of beef ) but all on all food well what can one say FANTASTIC! ;D NUGGET thanks for the prawn peeling lesson i think i've got the idea now , STEVE good to see you again AND WHO DID'NT DO THE MUFFINS ----------muffins what muffins hmmmm have to catch up with you on that one derek , and hopfully next year will have the boat with me .
well to finish this of [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] to the VMR and yes you to Lloyd for a job really well done ( Lloyd next time maybe a media lockout ( derek) upside down flag that one will probably get talked about for a while ( but it don't bother me my ancesters are irish so to me it looked normal ) so i will end this by wishing a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND A SAFE AND PROSPERIOUS NEW YEAR .
cheers to all
andy

Burley_Boy
21-12-2004, 01:30 PM
I'd always known it would be a drama for me to get there this year but even leaving the Gold Coast at 2pm I decided that it was still worth the trip if nothing else I'd never been to Vicki Point. So apologies for the late entrance but we had a nice arvo anyway and the kids played in the park and I bought some slugs from Phil.
Then on the way home I realised that I didn't have the ideal reel to toss the mackmauler slugs, so to make up for the dissapointment of missing most of the party I decided to go out and get myself a TSS4. ;D
It's all good mate! 8)

bungie
22-12-2004, 02:03 AM
Yep, thanks for a great afternoon Stev and Llyod :)

And a safe and happy xmas/new year to all

Lucky_Phill
23-12-2004, 12:11 PM
OK,, so I'm back online.

Jeez I love technology. >:( >:( :'(

Anyway,

cheers to Lloyd, Ian and the VMR Vikky Point Crew. Thanks Steve Brown.

I think I counted about 35 heads and many anklebiters, so turn out was good.

To the people that " donated " more $'s that what was required for the meal ( and you know who you are ! ). And to those who bought extra raffle tickets. The funds from this will go to very good use at the VMR.

As Lloyd said, it was not a fund raising exercise, but was nice to put some $'s in the kitty.

The feed back from the VMR fraternity, is that, you'd have to travel many nautical miles to round up such a top bunch of blokes, who not only love their fishing, but have an understanding of the regs and rules, their environment and are prepared to assist others in any way.

Your generousity is acknowledged.

Have a good Xmas.

Phill

subzero
23-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Absolutely Phill, couldnt have put it any better.

As an example as to the esteem that the Ausfish members are held in by ourselves because of their skills and the attitude of "Do the right thing", on the weekend Ian P (VP3) approached Steve Brown and asked if he would like us to put the Ausfish Stickers on our primary Rescue Vessel (VP1) and also Training Boat (VP3, not Ian P the actual boat ;D), if approval could be gained. Their was no hesitation on Steve Browns part to GIVE us the stickers nor the Commodores part to allow us to fit them.As of the New Year, "D" Roster one of our first jobs will be attempting to put them on both boats. (I hope we dont bugger them up). We would put them on all 3 boats but their really isnt any room on the Gemini (VP2) unfortunately.
Normally these sorts of things are only done when big $$$ are forthcoming from major sponsors. It is not being done because the stickers look nice (which of course they do), but because we as a group want to be associated with you Ausfishers and the relationship and the support we get through here.

Merry Xmas to you all, might see some of you on the water over the New Year period, you will recognise our boats with the flash Ausfish stickers.
Warm Regards
Lloyd

webby
23-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Does this mean these ships are now available for fishing adventures ???
regards

BigE
23-12-2004, 03:54 PM
a great day it was & many thanks to all who organised & ran the ausfish chissy do. many thanks for an enjoyable arvo, best wishes and a happy new year to all may the fish gods bless you all................. webby & phill R right derek ..... scones would have been nice. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CHEERS

Derek Bullock
23-12-2004, 03:59 PM
SCONES . . . . . . . they are b****y MUFFINS ??? ??? ???

Fair dinkum. ;D

Derek

skippa
23-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Hmmm,

But they look like scones..... ol well

cheers and merry Xmas
Tony 8)

vp3
23-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Hmmm
Scallop scones!!!
Mullet muffins!!!
Whatever flavour we are still yet to sample maybe it's a dream.

Lucky_Phill & Lloyd have said it all.
We will post pics of the rescue boats carrying the Ausfish colours, if we can affix the stickers over the New Years weekend. We will ensure the flag is flying the correct way on our roster.
Merry Christmas to all and tight lines over the holiday period.
Cheers Ian