PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Charters?

mon
23-12-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm looking for a small charter operator in Feb. I have a mate coming up from Adelaide and wouldn't mind taking him outside of Moreton on a charter. Last time he was up I showed him the bay in my 4.2 mtre but this time would be great to show him the 'other side'. Anyone make a recommendation for me? Cheers.

MON.

Aaron_Fogarty
23-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Id spend the time to drive to Mooloolaba, Bruce Cooper (adventure fish?)is the name of the bloke, he operates a small Kevlar cat that takes about 5 people, He ll put you on to them! Or if your keen on Noosa (lagoona cat) is the boat, Andrew Jones is the name.
Both are good fisherman that really try hard to put you on to the fish.
Pray for good weather
Aaron

craigie
23-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Mon,

I would recomend a guy by the name John Gooding. He runs a Trailer Boat Charter vessel of just under 7m, catering for up to 4 clients at a time.
He targets Cobia, Spaniards, Kingies, Tuna, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi as well as all the usual bottom dwelling species.
I believe he fishes the area from Cape Moreton down to Point Lookout etc.

Contact numbers are as follows - 3822 9527 or Mobile 0418 738 750.

Cheers
Craigie.

Derek Bullock
23-12-2004, 10:36 AM
I have said this so many times before when we have had a similar question. Ausfish has a listing of Charter Operators. Check them out at http://www.ausfish.com.au/charters.shtml and support those who support Ausfish.

Derek

mon
24-12-2004, 04:18 AM
Thanks Craigie, I gave him a call yesterday and he's getting a new boat in Jan and may not have it ready for Feb..Sounded like a good bloke though.

MON.