PDA

View Full Version : Wooli trip

Bent
21-12-2004, 03:18 PM
G'day, My name is Ben and I am currently living in Thailand where I'm teaching English.

I'm heading back to my home on the gold coast at the end of the month.

As the average size of the fish in Thailand wouldn't make it into my fish tank let alone on the end of my line, I have planned an emergency fishing trip to Wooli the first week of January with a few mates.

I have stayed in Wooli 3 times in the past but always in winter (the fishing not that great but loved the serenity) and I would appreciate any info on what the best options are for this time of year. I enjoy all types of fishing so all suggestiopns are welcome.

I have a 3.8 m tinnie which I have taken down a few times, would it be worthwhile taking it this time?

Any keen fishos in the area at the time are welcome to drop me a line and maybe catch up for a yarn and a beer.

Thanks heaps.

P.s. Caught this cobia at Sullies on a deep sea alvey fishing for squire, played it for about 40 min. I'm the one in the middle.

GBC
25-12-2004, 03:45 AM
G'day bent,
I've been working around Wooli for the last three months - the guys were still cleaning up the snapper at Sth Solitary last weekend. Your boat may be a little small for trying the river bar at this time of year although beach launching at Minnie and trying around the rocks could be worth a go... Most the action is still deep so maybe call Stan Young at Woolli deep sea charters and book some time with him. P.S. don't tell too many people about this place :)