PDA

View Full Version : Restored faith in Humanity

Cheech
27-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Having an enjoyable day with the family and after lunch we headed down to Sandgate and flew a kite. Then stopped off for an icecream for the kids before heading home. Half way home and stopped off at a tackle shop to pick up some bait for the morning. Coundn't pay for it. No wallet :o

Back to the icecream shop, and as expected, no wallet on the table. :(

So after mentally working out what needed to be cancelled, and cancelling them (visa, mastercard, line of credit, video2000, diners), we get a call from someone called Steve. Found my wallet (money in tact) and heading over tonight to collect.

Had a 50 in it so that will go as a reward.

Was not looking forward to renewing drivers licence etc so even though I do have to wait for new cards, this is a much better result than it just not turning up.

Was saying to Trubie,,,, why the hell are there so many dishonest people in the world. Perhaps there arn't.

So to Steve,,,,, thanks a heap.

By the way, would not normally have put up a post like this, but is a slow day. Hope you all had a good day. I have had 2 very good days.

Cheech

Volvo
27-12-2004, 04:12 PM
:)Onya Cheech, n all the best to you n yours too mate :)...Never lose faith , Always be good folks around mate..Just depends where ya find em..
Cheers

imnotoriginal
27-12-2004, 04:58 PM
yeah, bugger the money, it's all the other hassles involved that really make it annoying. Go steve!
Joel

Lucky_Phill
27-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Positive news Craig,

a good news story for once.

This type of behaviour encourages others to follow suit.

Happy Hols,

Phill

ba229
27-12-2004, 06:21 PM
i found a mobile phone some weeks back.

took me ages to figure out how to work it and magaged to send an sms to the owner sister.

owner rang the phone and i told him where to pick it up. he was happy to wait till the next day

owner came. offered $20 and i said nahh thats ok but he insisted.

so he got his phone back and i got a cheap slab of beer.

Now why don't other folks do this sort of thing? nice to see that some others do too.

(p.s. not trying to blow my own trumpet. a mobile phone that fancy is no good to me anyway ;D )

longlux
28-12-2004, 03:58 AM
the missus got her purse stolen earlier this year at carousel in cannington wa never saw it again or the 300 in it

thank goodness for insurance

DNO40
28-12-2004, 04:07 AM
A thief is the lowest possible lifeform. The best part is catching them :-X :-X

bignick
28-12-2004, 04:47 AM
I had a similar experience once; lost a wallet and got it back with the money (about $100) still in tact. It was handed in at the Police Station, who contacted me to come and collect it and they gave me the name and address of the bloke who found it. I was going to go and thank him personally, but he left in my wallet for me a few little laminated cards with Biblical scriptures on them. Not wanting to get into a religious debate, I sent him a Casket Ticket (it was a long time ago) instead. When I was 15, I was working at the local Indoor Cricket Centre as an Umpire. I Umpired a late game that went particularly due to the drunkenness of the players and their bad attitudes,. One turd who gave me a particularly hard time was the drunkest and most obnoxious. Anyway, after the gaame had finished and all the players had left, I was walking off the court when I noticed somthing sitting on the Space Invaders machine (told you it was a long time ago) next to the court. It was a wallet. I took it into the toilets to have a look at it. It had about $3,500 cash in it as well as a stack of cheques that would choke a donkey. And, it belonged to the drunken turd from the game. Being 15 years of age andd never having seen such a wad of cash, my first thoughts were "You beauty! To helll with him!" However, honesty took over and I gave it to the Centre Manager, who rang the turd to come and collect it. He did the next day and left me $20 for my troubles. Got my wallet stolen from the same Indoor Cricket Centre a few years later. Only had about $15 dollars in it but cost me well over $100 by the time I bought a new wallet and cancelled and replaced all the cards and licences that were in it.

Cheers,
NICK.

crazymorton
28-12-2004, 02:26 PM
i lived in Tennat Creek once......thats between Darwin & Alice Springs for those that dont know...i was Rugby League Junior development officer.....my b/in law had made me a Broncos wallet leather with the log imprinted....yeah yeah....you all hate them...but the aboriginal kids loved them.....
anyway one training session i left my ute unlocked and wallet on front seat....low and behold!!!! GONE!!!
so as in other posts stated the major hassle was cancelling everything.....
about 2 weeks later i was down the sporties club (local club) when and aboriginal guy and his wife came up to me and asked if i was "........" i said yes< they then proceeded to hand over my licence and a couple of cards and said they had found them and had been looking for me....no wallet of course the leather with the broncos imprint was worth more to the kids that the rest.....
but gee i felt good that day....i was truly amazed i will admit..its funny how one act of kindness, niceness, goodness, whatever you want to call it can change someones whole attitude to life!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL