PDA

View Full Version : Best fishen spots?

woody74
22-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi guy's ,not trying to get your secret fishing places, but was wondering at work today{ not much else to do ;D} where does everyone love to fish, or where is the best place you have fished at? Don't need exact locations, just some good old gloating will do ;). Myself, the best place Ive fished is in my opinion anywhere there is saltwater and surf, no really fished Bribie in October , so that was pretty cool, thanks dazza and scotty. Port Mcquarie was another good experience, bream every where. So that's what Im on about, Best places you have fished.CHEERS woody

Needmorerum
22-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Vyrillia Point, 25km south of the Jardine River mouth, Cape York.

Can't wait to get back.

Corry

Reefmaster
22-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Would have to be the reef Fishing out from Double Island Point SE QLD. Theres not to many places that you can catch your tropical fish such as big Red Emporer, Coral Trout ec ec and also your colder water species such as Snapper and Pearl Perch all in the one area all year round. Theres also very little or if not any current at DI all year round which alot of the time can spoil your fun fishing in other places all different times of the year.

Cheers Greg

Morlers
22-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I love Fraser Island,from Indian Head to Ngkala to be specific. The place is just magic. Although I just heard today that camp fires will be banned from 1/1/05...a sad day indeed :o

:) :)

Morlers

vibes
23-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Jurien Bay had heaps of Yellow Tail last summer, they bite straight after you put your line in! Not much of a challenge though. Even my buddy's 7 year old got a fair number of them.

Mick
23-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Best creek would be the same creek that devocean got his recent jacks in (posted in fishing reports under "Jack Session"). The place works more than the ladies on the corner of Brunswick Street and Anne Street.

Best blue water fishing spot is Western Australia's shark bay, without a doubt!

p.s - I also confirm the comments made by Devocean in the above mentioned post about the 23 legal Jacks in one night. I think the fella who caught them gets em pretty often and may have been a mangrove jack in his past life.

Sergio_kutz
24-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Up in the Dampier Archepelego in WA. Went over there for a trip with my uncle. Best fishing i've done, ever. Sooo many fish there.

devocean
24-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Kowanyama gulf of carpenteria- huge barra, huge jacks, huge sandflies, huge crocs. Averaged about 50 barra a day each on lures (mostly small ) but also some huge grunter with most over the 8 lb size (caught about 90 a day between 4 blokes no bag limit then). Cried when I had to leave and still cry when I relive that 4 week trip. Cant go there now all out of bounds and you cant take alcohol there either and I can tell you you catch fishl like that all day you need a beer just to calm down.Greatest place on earth

notts_so
24-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Cardwell area island reef best of both worlds

major-defect
25-12-2004, 01:00 AM
I agree with you notts so.

Brett_Hoskin
27-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Anywhere between Derby and Port Headland would suit me.

bignick
28-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Anywhere in the salt is fine by me. I've been lucky enough to fish some pretty queer locations that most would only dream about (me included until a career change). I just love fishing; end of story. Chasing different types of saltwater fish is all good for me. I get the same buzz out of catching a big Bream in the Brunswick River as I do from pulling a big Snapper out of Moreton Bay, or the same as when we were trolling for Wahoo off Christmas Island. It's all relative and the bottom line, as far as I am concerned, is that fishing should bring enjoyment. The day I stop enjoying it is the day I give it away. Even fishless trips can be OK (not TOO often though) if the company is good and the day is pleasant. If you don't catch anything today, it's not the end of the world. That's why fishing could never be a job for me; if you do your hobby as a job, you then lose your hobby. Getting up to go fishing then becomes like getting up to go to work; a chore. Anyway, if you enjoy your fishing and are relaxed, chances are you'll catch more fish, either today or, because you are enjoying what you are doing, next time because you WILL be back.

Cheers,
NICK.