PDA

View Full Version : how to drive new freezer

Tony_N
23-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Just bought a 2nd hand (no manual) Lemair 160litre upright freezer at the Tender Centre , which is like a hidden auction. #

I've just turned it on and its working well - This is the first freezer I have ever owned but I'm not too sure of how to drive it. #It can't be too hard, there is only one control switch outside the unit at the front. #When this switch is clicked to one side it lights up. #I'm guessing that when it is switched to the lit side it powers it up #to go harder in warmer weather (?)

Also alongside the switch are another two plastic light covers, one red and one green. #Neither are alight just after switching the freezer on.

Anybody own one of these freezers or know what all the pretty lights are for?

Thanks

Tony

Tony_N
24-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Bump

Heath
24-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Tony,

What it probly is, is a quick freeze setting.

Tony_N
24-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Tony,

What it probly is, is a quick freeze setting.

thanks Heath

I had another look at it and there is a calibrated knob at the back which adjusts the cold setting - so perhaps when the light in the front is on it is in quick freeze mode as you suggest. Any idea why they might have a green and a red light in front/outside? Maybe one of them lights up when the freezer reaches the setting determined by the knob at the back. Going away for Xmas so haven't given it the full test yet.

thanks for your reply

Tony

Big_Kev
24-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Check the lights tomorrow night as they may come on on christmas eve. LOL
Sorry for not helping but Merry Christmas anyway

Tony_N
24-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Reel ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tony

Dug
24-12-2004, 05:42 PM
No matter how hot it gets never sleep in a freezer!

I once saw a lawyer who stole money from a motorcycle gang.

It was 24 hours before they could do an autopsy. :P

They could not find a microwave big enough to defrost him.

el_carpo
25-12-2004, 02:53 AM
Hi Tony N,

I've just spent the last hour and a half trying to find any info to help you but couldn't get anything. I've found owner's manuals to various appliances in the past on the web, usually in pdf format but no such luck. I even tried to find a web site for the Lemair company and couldn't. Is this company still in existance or is it a subsidiary of a larger company or something? I don't get it. Sorry I couldn't help you out. It wasn't due to lack of effort. :-/

I would suggest experimenting. A trial and error thing. Get a thermometer and mess with the controls. Each time, check to see what's what with the temperature. Just an idea.

Maybe you can contact the company and ask them some questions or have them send you a manual. If you can find them that is.

Good luck!

E.C.

Tony_N
25-12-2004, 04:15 AM
Hey E.C.

Many thanks for your efforts. You have spurred me on to do some more research of my own. The brand is indeed a company in its own right, not an 'offshoot" co.

I now have their phone number in Sydney and will contact them in the New Year - they are currently closed for the festive season. I feel sure that they will give me the info I need.

So again, many thanks for your post - indirectly it looks like getting me the info I need. Have a great Xmas and New Year to come.

Regards

Tony

fishsmith
25-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Just remember what ever happens make sure the light dosn't stay on when you shut the door....te rest is a piece of cake..... ;D

el_carpo
26-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Glad to hear it Tony! Yeah, the company should help you out with the information. Also, you're more than welcome as far as my help is concerned. You Ausfishers have answered loads of my questions in the past. I owed you. :)

E.C.

HamzaLH
28-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Tony,

If u dont get any info from sydney send me a pm and let me know ... I'll ring the lemair rep for u, he should know something ...

Ta ...

Hamza ...

adrian
29-12-2004, 02:07 PM
i thought the lights are for port and starboard

sorry someone had to say it #[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

anzac