PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Charter recommendations needed

eeww-worms
29-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi guys...

my man has surprised me with an announcement that he would like to treat me to a fishing trip out on a BIG boat :)

I've looked online and there appear to be heaps of them around brissie and the Gold Coast... all charging similar prices.

anyone have experience here?

who's good? #how do i wake up hubby to get to the boat by 5 - 6 am???

any tips will be most appreciated!!

regards

eeww-worms

adriancorrea
29-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi
the staff and myself go out with seaprobe down the coast about 3-4 times a year and we find them very good.
Just ask for chad and he will take care of you.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Scott15
29-12-2004, 02:11 PM
hey ewww-worms

if ur willing to travel up to noosa. they have a good charter called noosa blue water charter. havent been on one but ive seen a couple unload there fish.

cheers scott

jeffo
30-12-2004, 04:53 AM
www.outsideedge.com.au
on the sunshine coast. andrew really knows his stuff and at the moment could probably put you on some awesome fish (marlin, mahi mahi,wahoo... the list goes on)

devocean
30-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Mate go for two weeks on the Bobby Bird off Mackay do yourself a favour you will never regret it

philip_thomson
30-12-2004, 01:29 PM
i reccomend heading up to noosa and going out with the boys from MV Trekka (fishing offshore noosa) i have made about 10 trips with this crew this year and most of the time we get a feed. the skipper knows what he is doing and moves around if neccasary. and the deckie always insures that everyone has a feed when possible. MV Trekka is a 12m by 5.5m power cat , she is very comfy and rides very nicely.

good luch when u get out offshore
cheers phil

banshee
30-12-2004, 05:03 PM
G'day Worms,don't discount heading south,Mono Stewart opperates a reputable charter out of the Brunswick River in the Byron Shire.I personaly don't use charter boats but I know a couple of people that have been out with him and they were rapt,if you left it til after school holidays you could find reasonably priced accomadation and make a weekend out of it,you could give him a call if your interested on 02 6685 1913 or send him a PM on here,just look for "mono".I have no affiliation with his opperation,just passing what I've heard.