PDA

View Full Version : jsut giving myself a pat on the back

caveman
02-01-2005, 04:04 PM
happy new year to all, the missus and i went over to stanthorpe today to let our lil fella runamuk in the park along the river, and of course i had to take a rod with me ;D ;D, while i was walking the back a fellow and his son pulled up and we got chattin and the lure his son was using kept snagging all the time and as i moved on i heard the son ask his dad if he could keep casting and he said no as it was usless with the snags, upon hearing this knowing the little fella was dissapointed i dug into my bag of tricks and found a lure/spinner that would not snag to much on him then refused payment from the father just said merry xmass to his son and continued on my way, don't know why i put this up but maybe i'm off to a good new year

ba229
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
nah thats what fishermen who care do.

nice job

Dug
02-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Good God man! Don't let our Government hear this.
Random acts of kindness and senseless good will must be stamped out at all costs. We must be fiscally responsible, economically sound and above all financially rational. Imagine what our society would be like if people started being nice and kind to strangers, Anarchy, Chaos, Mayhem!

Keep up the good work, it is payment enough just to see the look on peoples faces, just tell them if and when they get a chance, to just pass on the favor to someone else:-)

Have a good year

Cheers doug

DICER
02-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I will always remember the guy who, when I was 9 yrs, gave me a flathead I couldn't carry and said to me "you tried hard today, and you were patient". It was amazing act. (When the Mooloolah river wasn't the way it is today).

Caveman that's the stuff!!

DICER

Fitzy
03-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Good on Ya Gary. Recon the dad will remember your act as long as the kid. Hope the caught something.

fitz

agnes_jack
04-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Good stuff Gary!
It feels good to do some one a favor, especialy a kid.
Should be more of it, the world would be a better place.

Regards, Tony :D :D :D

MY-TopEnder
04-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Nothing i did but walking back along the urangan pier at Hervey Bay, Dirty Mole and i saw a small kid (aroung 4yo) saying to his dad "i've never had this much fun"... he was just dangling a worm in the water off a $15 combo... but it didn't matter, he was having a ball.

Mick
04-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Taking the hooks off the lure can also result with less snagage, however, i should warn that this has method has yet to produce a decent sized fish..., or any type of fish.

Well done caveman.

charexblue
04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
:)good on yer gary am sure the kind act will be remembered
some chinese proverb or other :)
8)yeh Dug and govt even has a name for it lol
happy fishing all from peter