PDA

View Full Version : Straddie Freight

mon
30-12-2004, 06:08 AM
Hey Guys, I'm going over to Straddie in the New Year and would like to take the camper trailer and the 4.2 mtr boat. Problem only one tow bar!
Anyone know of a 'freight' company that could take the camper over, the barges only have a what you can tow and didn't seem to want to know about freighting gear.
My other option is two trips , but that adds up the time and dollars.

Cheers, MON.

adrian
30-12-2004, 10:54 AM
there is a transport company that goes to straddie can't remember the name but not sure if they would handle the camper

if you are camping at the caravan park at amitywhy not drive the boat over there just a thought

anzac

skippa
30-12-2004, 02:19 PM
G'day Mon,

I think the transport company is Island Transport, operating out of Redland Bay, not 100% sure thou but worth a lookup.

As anzac says, we've camped at Amity with me taking the boat across from Raby Bay and the missus going on the Barge with the car, worked for us. We were able to talk the kids into bringing the car and trailer home instead of leaving them at the ramp (do it or else)

Cheers,
Tony # 8)

mon
01-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Skippa, did you leave the boat anchored off the beach?

MON.

Nugget
01-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Post the date you're going over - a lot of us on this chatboard go over regularly, maybe someone could tow it over for you.
Even if it was a day or two early - you could leave it at my inlaw's house till you arrive.

Dave ><>

mon
01-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Heading over on Jan 10th. Any help would be great.

Cheers MON.

skippa
02-01-2005, 04:01 AM
Mon,

Yep, just left moored in front of the camp site. The site we had was the most southern one on the waterfront, end of the rockwall. Good protection from nearly all winds and a great outlook was just a added bonus. No problems with tides either, not like Blakesleys.

MAYBE, going over on the 7th, would be happy to tow over for u if we do go. Sent me a pm and I'll let you know if our trip is still on.

Dave,

geez, had the same problem in Sept this....er last year. Ended up coming back home on the water taxi on the days I wanted to boat fish. Just couldn't get the Haines up the beach tracks behind Flinders where we were camped. Only friends we know who live on Strads live at Point Lookout with driveways steep as.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

mon
04-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey Snappa, PM sent.

Cheers MON.