PDA

View Full Version : WARRANTIES AND WARRANTY CLAIMS.

bignick
08-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I just purchaseed a couple of the new big Okuma EC-90 Baitrunner-type reels. These are the gold and black ones with the stainless steel gears. Anyway, I was giving them a quick lube up before putting them onto a couple of rods and, when doing up the handle on one, the threaded shaft that holds the handle on snapped, leaving a bit of the shaft inside the reel. I took it back to the original place of purchase together with proof of purchase. I spoke to the salesman that I bought the reels off and told him what had happened. Without any hesitation, he gave me a brand new reel straight out of the box as a replacement. I was prepared to do some sort of battle in this regard, but I was pleasently surprised, particularly with a lot of these reel manufacturers offering these huge warranties, the likes of which are notoriously difficult to claim against. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has a warranty claim story, be it good, bad or ugly.

Cheers,
NICK.

Mick
08-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Should know soon. I am about to take back a Jarvis Walker rod that was used only twice. I was twisting the plasic thread on the rod to get the reel off for a clean (not sure of the part name, but the thread that clamps the reel to the rod), when the plasic part jumped the thread.
This is difficult to explain without a diagram, but basicaly the reel I have on the rod cannot be taken off. It is stuck there. Tried hot water to expand the plastic part and a few other things but nothing works.
Rod doesn't have a warranty, but I will be asking for a replacement or free repairs.
I'll let you know the outcome.
Mick