PDA

View Full Version : G'day

prawnhead
09-01-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm new to this forum. Looks alright, BUT, all of you seem to be banana benders! Not to worry, qlders are usually the best people.

So yeah I'm 17, from Sydney and my favourite fishing is with bait in either saltwater rivers/bays estuaries or off the beach. All land based. Usually target bream, flathead, whiting, tailor. Sometimes I get on to a jewie or a dart.

Best fish was a 97cm queenie in Cairns.

Looking forward to my stay.

adriancorrea
09-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Welcome to ausfish
yah we do have some mexicans on here lol
There are a few sites from down south you could try but none are as good as Ausfish
Try www.sportfishextreme.com I think they are from sydney
also www.fishnet.com.au
Hope this helps

Tight Lines
Adrian

prawnhead
09-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah I've been to ******* but I don't like the way I gotta click on each individual message! I can't click once and come back later, like with this place.

I'll go have a look at the other one.

Thanks.

agnes_jack
09-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Welcome prawnhead!
Look no further! You are on the best site on the net!
You will find fellas with experience in nearly every field of fishing, most more than happy to share their knowledge with you. I look forward to your posts.

Regards, Tony ;)

blaze
10-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Hi Prawnhead
I am a bloody lot further south than you, I been about for a while too. I believe I am to far south to be regarded as MEXICAN. Great site, doesnt matter where ya from, tips and tricks and ideas can work anywhere. Great bunch are the ausfish members.
welcome, stick around and enjoy
cheers
blaze

cabfisher
10-01-2005, 02:53 AM
Hi there Prawnhead .
Well you being A Coathanger like my self, But that was a long time agolike 1980 I sailed my H28 Out of Pittwater for the last time.
I used to fish just out side Sydney Heads Back in the 1964 and I would get a feed but I dont know what it is like now a days.
I gess South-west of Sydney would put you in the BAnkstown Area?
Not to worry I came from Kingsford Near South Sydney Juioners Leagues Club What kind of bait do you use?
I like Prawn Worms Squid
And live Bait is The best I think
Welcome Aboard . And tight lines aways
Hasa

Girella
10-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Prawnhead

Now that the welcomes and hugs are finished, let's talk admission fee.

We ask only that you never again support the blues in State of Origin
or cricket,

Just sign here.............................................. ...................

[smiley=wiseguy.gif]

prawnhead
10-01-2005, 06:27 PM
I go for the cane toads anyway! I'm part qlder.

cabfisher:
I'm near Campbelltown, sort of. I fish Botany Bay (grandparents live there, like right on the water), Hacking river, Georges river and the Wollongong beaches. When fishing the bay I use live bloodworms, anywhere else it's usually frozen prawns or squid. Beach I use squid or pilchard pieces.

I used to have a bait trap but some bugger stole it, so now I be an outlaw and chuck a cast net over schools of poddies and weed beds. Nothing beats live prawns as bait.

I thought it was hilarious you censored me with that website. Why'd you do it?

adriancorrea
11-01-2005, 05:21 AM
Hi again prawnhed
I myself grew up in the fairfield (mexican) area and use to fish the wollongong area.
We use to fish Windang island quite alot and use to do very well on bait or live baiting, Have you had a go there and can you still get across over to the island?
I also use to work for minto pizzeria in my youth.
Once again welcome to the site.
Blaze you been here so long we just think of you as a QUEENSLANDER LOL

Tight Lines
Adrian

bungie
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Blaze, you are so far south, you aint a Mexican, your a Penguin ;D ;D ;D

blaze
11-01-2005, 04:29 PM
ye ye nuth tassie jokes
cheers
blaze