PDA

View Full Version : You reckon they are running?

ba229
12-01-2005, 09:33 AM
This was taken on Frazer Island apparently. I stole it off the web.

Don't know when it was taken but how many Ausfish members do you reckon are in this photo?

adriancorrea
12-01-2005, 09:50 AM
NAHHHHH LOL ::) :D ;)

Tight Lines
Adrian

Girella
12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Only one (maybe two) on though. :-/

cooky
12-01-2005, 01:38 PM
that looks like a recipe for disaster

Dug
12-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Why would you bother? If I get that desperate for fish I will go to a fish shop.

I fish to relax, not to get more annoyed at idiots.

Willo
12-01-2005, 07:13 PM
THere's a method in there madness all those fishermen sticking together keep the schools of tailor in one place.Notice how may rods are loaded up.If there was only one person fishing there he would get one or two fish and the school would pass on .Were as all those anglers are keeping the school hanging about with baits in the water all the time

propdinger
12-01-2005, 09:47 PM
nah its so you can pass the beer down to your mates easier without walking
:-X :-X ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D

Jethro
13-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Have to agree with Dug. There is no way that would be fun.

Derek Bullock
13-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Been there done that. ;D ;D ;D ;D

My sons mate walked in between them with a lure, cast it out and the bloke beside him pulled out a filleting knife and sliced through his line with the words, "You don't do that here mate". ??? ??? ??? ???

Thats Fraser for you.

Derek

Gazza
13-01-2005, 09:16 AM
So it should be Derek......if you can't control where the lure floats or "hassles others".........saved a bunfight ,me thinks #;)

i.e. ganged hooks (embedded) V line-grabbing "trebles"

ba229
13-01-2005, 09:39 AM
My sons mate walked in between them with a lure, cast it out and the bloke beside him pulled out a filleting knife and sliced through his line with the words, "You don't do that here mate". #??? ??? ??? ???

Thats Fraser for you.

Derek

Nice stuff hey?

They can have the fish. I will sit in my little tinnie having a tinnie and catching nothing. I reckon thats a better way to fish.

DaneCross
13-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Spent many a September up there myself as a younger fella on holiday with the fam trying to mix it with the 'more weathered' fisherfolk, standing shoulder to shoulder. Good atmosphere really, of course there's a bit of argo every now and then, but when they're running frustration is part of the package. Tangles, shit casters, bite-offs, cast-offs all adds to the mayhem.
Its interesting to watch it play out; arrive at the designated gutter mid-late arvo, park the car alongside the others already there, there'll be a few people at the waters edge with lines in the water, the rest are standing around/preparing/drinking waiting for one or two of the people with lines in to hook-up. Once that happens its all in and the mayhem begins - shoulder to shoulder. The goal is to cast as straight as possible and keep it that way.
I fished the Gold Coast spit late one arvo and it was exactly the same except not all were Australian :-X ;) The non-Australian next to me casted her line out from 3m back over my right shoulder and not 3 minutes later I feel her line running over my forearms just as the bloke three people to my left starts yelling in pain/anger. She had hooked him in the leg. Needless to say, it didn't go down very well and the Aussie spirit certainly shone through ;D
Ahhh tailor fishing, isn't it grand! ;D ;D

Dane

Jethro
14-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Nice stuff hey?

I will sit in my little tinnie having a tinnie and catching nothing. I reckon thats a better way to fish.

Now thats my type of fishing ;D ;D

Render
15-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Been there done that. # ;D ;D ;D ;D

My sons mate walked in between them with a lure, cast it out and the bloke beside him pulled out a filleting knife and sliced through his line with the words, "You don't do that here mate". #??? ??? ??? ???

Just once, I'd like someone to do something like that or the other crap you read about here, to me.

I have a long-standing policy: Whatever you pull or use on me is gonna end up sticking in, out or up you.

(ba229... please try to control yourself here)

Cheers,

R

SeaHunt
15-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Been there done that. # ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats Fraser for you.
Derek

Been there done that as well, and I will be going back. #8)
You are right it can get a bit tense there sometimes, most of the guys drink all day while they are waiting for the afternoon session, that plus there are usually 6 or 8 of your mates there to impress makes it all very interesting.
You have to be able to cast straight and vertically over your head (no sideways crap) or you will be banished to the fringes of the gutter. Rubber booties are important especially if there is much sweep, when you feel that line running over your feet you know the gang hooks are not far behind.If you walk up the beach you will lose your spot, thats why most have a bag for the fish and bait bag for spare pillies so when there on you stay in the surf till you bag is full or you run out of bait.
More and more people up there are using lures (including me) , just dont stand shoulder to shoulder with the pilly guys, and you will be OK. #:)
You have to stick up for yourself and make sure you have as many mates as they have. # [smiley=argue.gif]

This is from after a morning session last August.