PDA

View Full Version : 2 Boys need help   Redland Ramp  reducti

gif
11-01-2005, 03:39 AM
My two boys need your help. You see by the time they get to my age there will be stuff all fishing allowed anymore. They won’t be able to take out their kids - unless you help them out today.

They need your submission directly to Redland Shire Council. Last week letters went to Transport Minister Etc

All it takes is a letter or an email. IF there is enough we can start to stop or slow down the anti – fishing movement out there. This Redlands Ramp issue is the best opportunity to show we will not just lie down.

So even if you have never written a letter in your life - on behalf of my kids – who both love fishing, I am begging you to write one today - and get 4 other mates to write one too.

Yes it will be a nuisance - it will take maybe 15 minutes or so. We will make up for it we will come and wash your car or mow your lawn to make up for it if you want. Even if it takes us all year.

If not for my kids - for some kid you know?

It is important that everyone writes their own letter - that they all look different. I will give some drafts to help you. Email me if you want me to help check or write it

Send them to

Project Delivery Group,
RSC, PO Box 21, Cleveland Qld 4163; or

Email your comments to rsc@redland.qld.gov.au putting Weinam Creek in the subject line.

gif
11-01-2005, 03:47 AM
It is important that everyone writes their own letter # - that they all look different. # # #This is one # # #Email me if you want me to help check or write it # g.fooks@uq.net.au

Send them to

Project Delivery Group,
RSC, PO Box 21,
Cleveland Qld 4163

Email your comments to # rsc@redland.qld.gov.au # # # putting Weinam Creek in the subject line.

Your name and address

Redland Shire Council

Weinam Creek car parking

I want to complaint about your carpark plans.

This boat ramp is wide and popular # - and often there are difficulties in getting a trailer park.

If you reduce boat trailer parking from 111 to 56 # then that will make it impossible.

We have a right to use the Bay. # # And you do not have a right to take that away #and replace it with parking just for the commercial Tour operators.

Sincerely

name

EVERY ONE # please post up here the letter you wrote #( leave out your address)

That way others will get the idea #of what to write

Letters close on Friday # - Be QUICK!

Derek Bullock
11-01-2005, 05:04 AM
My two boys need your help. You see by the time they get to my age there will be stuff all fishing allowed anymore. #They won’t be able to take out their kids - unless you help them out today.

Gary, thats nothing short of unnecessary sensationalism on your part. What are you suggesting, that there is a conspiracy by Governement to ban fishing completely.

Thats about as stupid as that show on TV last night about the conspiracy that men did not walking on the moon.

Cheers

Derek

gif
11-01-2005, 05:40 AM
As a moderator I expected more of you than calling me or my writings stupid.

Conspiracy Theory?

I had the benefit of Attending a Rec Fish workshop in Canberra and I was 3 metres from the Federal Minister Ian Macdonald in his address talk about many more closures “The Government is committed to Marine Closures all around Australia” He went on to say North Qld, and the Gulf are the next he said. And none of this is public is it?

Tell you what Derek - if I am wrong on this one I will clean your boat with my toothbrush. What will you bet in exchange?

I have also read the Greens web site that said that the got closure of 30% of the Reef but want to achieve 50% by 2015. I have a copy I can send you.

I have also read the web sites of Australian based political groups that want to see the same policies that are already Law in Germany ( No competitions, no live baiting , no catch and release, no livewells).

Its not a conspiracy theory. It IS happening.

And yes - my chief motivation for fishing is to have a joint interest with my sons - for the few days I see them.

you have hit my hot button - leave that sore spot alone. We have agreed to healthy debate.

Fisher_Boats
11-01-2005, 05:46 AM
Derek,
This is about trying to maintain or increase the level of car parks at the proposed new ramp not decrease it or start without public input and using the Fishing Party voice.
If the Government keep closing fishing areas to the reco's and not letting us have a say it is going to impact on our children down the track.
It is obvious what Gary and KC are trying to do and I don't understand why you keep coming up with your negative comments against them. Let them try!
Why don't you just stay out of these posts rather then join in with your argumentive, negative comments. Unless you have constructive positive idea's don't bother commenting on these threads.
My opinion........

Col

dazza
11-01-2005, 06:06 AM
[quote author=Derek Bullock link=board=General;num=1105314317;start=0#2 date=01/10/05 at 09:04:19]

Thats about as stupid as.....

Fair go Derek, as a moderator i think it is pretty poor form attacking a post or poster as being stupid.
We all enjoy healthy debate, not name calling.

I urge all rec fisho's to be aware of the happenings around us. The govt are making it difficult for the average joe blow to go for a fish. Have your say otherwise buy a set of golf clubs, because we won't be allowed/able to fish anywhere
cheers
dazza

cooky
11-01-2005, 06:22 AM
in defence of Derek, we need to have the likes of Derek contributing to these posts playing DEVILS ADVOCATE. It makes you analyse, think, hone, and develop arguments.

It is also motivating to have some objection / issue.

I think the ploy of your kids puts things into context for fathers / mothers / grandparents and gets us thinking about the future. I'm sure Gary isn't thinking fishing is going to be BANNED, but there are serious reductions in outdoor activites all over Australia.

Derek - I know you like camping - so do I. I live in NQ and used to go Camping with friends almost every second weekend 7-15 yrs ago - I have watched camping areas dissappear or turn into National park grounds.

I too am concerned that both of my children (under 2yrs) will not experience the camping, fishing, motorbiking, etc that I enjoyed when younger.

Do we just give up and do like it seems 80% of my neighbourhood does and keep there kids inside in the airconditioning playing XBOX or Playstation or watching DVDs.

The BIG BIG picture goes along the lines of these same kids 2/3/4 generations down the track having little exposure to our natural environment, therefore little connection / interest / understanding / compassion. What then happens? "who cares attitude".

Everything goes in circles.

ba229
11-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Yep I'm with Derek. Sorry guys

cooky
11-01-2005, 06:57 AM
i'm with Derek too - that show was bloody ridiculous. What a waste of precious seconds of my life - I actually watched a good 20 minutes of it.

I was watching and thinking "how the hell did they get the funding to make this crap?"

"NASA most probably"

Fisher_Boats
11-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Nasa and the redlands ramp ??? ???

Dirty_Mole
11-01-2005, 08:17 AM
im concered cause i am a kid if there isnt any fishing in the future im gonna be pissed but i suppose they cant close every fishing spot all over australia.

cheers sam,

dazza
11-01-2005, 08:30 AM
for your sake, and the sake of my daughter i hope not sam. which is why i am very passionate about protecting my fishing rites
currently 30% of the barrier reef is closed, 900km of coast line north of bundaberg is closed, the minister Ian McDonald has made it very clear that the goal is for closed zones around Australia. Cape York is next.
The greens want 50%.
Anyway this thread is getting way off of the topic. NASA, men on the moon and Redlands boatramp ??? ???.
Once again the long bow has been drawn and effectivley sidetracked a valid thread, i guess each to their own agenda whatever that may be.
cheers
dazza

Derek Bullock
11-01-2005, 08:38 AM
My comments here have nothing to do with my role as a moderator.

I stand by what I said. For any reasonable thinking person to believe that this matter has anything to do with a conspiracy to stop this and future generations from fishing, is stupid. I am sorry if you take that personally Gary as it was not a personal attack on you at all.

This whole matter is about a council decision on the redevelopment of a car park, (and I am still not convinced that the whole facts have been displayed on here), and nothing whatsoever abour your, mine, or anyone elses children or grandchildren being able to go fishing in the future.

Let's all stick to facts.

All I can say is that if you dont want arguement and discussion on contraversial issues and want people to follow you like sheep then dont post them here.

Further, if you want me to resign from this site as a moderator so that I can continue with the debate I will be happy for Steve to revoke the privilege.

Derek

gif
11-01-2005, 08:46 AM
OK!

who wrote that one of my sons is cute and one is really ugly?

The little guy is Ashley ( 6) - we had a holiday on a canal and I was back at the office for a day the baby sitter told him she saw fish so he took the pre rigged rod with a plastic - caught this 68cm flattie had enough sense to get off the jetty and drag it up the beach - then called for help!

He is still the best angler in the family!

adriancorrea
11-01-2005, 10:06 AM
I thought the closures where too stop us killing all the fish so our kids would be able too fish.

I seriously doubt that they would try and stop everyone from fishing, there is alot of people that make too much money from all the products that are associated with fishing.

You can attack me for my way off thinking or my knowledge or lack of knowledge about this issue but its my opion.

And Gary I have sent a letter to them for you but I dont believe that there is a conspiracy about this, too much money involved.

Tight Lines
Adrian

cooky
11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
at the end of the day - who gives a rats arse?

conspiracys, nasa, whoever....

We'll be dead by the time anything happens - so who cares.

RIGHT??? ???

Fisher_Boats
11-01-2005, 10:51 AM
[quote author=cooky link=board=General;num=1105314317;start=10#15 date=01/10/05 at 14:26:47]at the end of the day - who gives a rats arse?

conspiracys, nasa, whoever....

We'll be dead by the time anything happens - so who cares.

Cooky,
Good to see some positive feedback ???
Col

PinHead
11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
im concered cause i am a kid if there isnt any fishing in the future im gonna be pissed but i suppose they cant close every fishing spot all over australia.

cheers sam,

Sam..I would not lose any sleep over it mate. I started fishing when I was 12..i am now 48..there are now more and better boat launching facilities..more access to fishing areas..so don't panic mate..there will always be fishing...no government can stop the people from fishing...it WILL NOT happen.
There may be closed areas (which there always have been but perhaps more in the future) but there will still be plenty of areas to fish.

gif
11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Pinhead

thats what they said about hunting.

And smoking

and .... buggy whips

ba229
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Here in Lake macquarie (NO not port macquarie :-) ) the pro's were bought out several years ago.

This followed a study to identify how much both pro's and reco's made for the local economy.

Now these aren't the exact figures cause I can't remember em but I would like to think I am with 10% of the real figures.

Pro's made $1 mill per year for the community
Reco's made $80 mill per year through camping, accom, boating needs, tackle, bait, food etc etc etc

The point I am trying to make is I coundn't understand why they would buy the pro's out only to then stop reco's aswell.

Can't see it happening here anytime soon. Too much money in it.

gif
11-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Cant see them changing too much money in it.

Well the shouldn't # but thats the whole problem # #Every Council and goverment views it from their own little area. # They are supposed to see it from the whole country's viewpoint. # #Its called a Costs Benefit Analysis. # #

Qld Treasury dictate they must and tells them how to do it. #But I know other Departments who dont and on one project had to take a manager who was trying to get me to change my numbers down to Treasury and have them confirm I was correct.

The 2003 Federal Study shows that Rec Fishers spend $65 a kg #on fishing for fish taken away. # # Commercial fish are not valued so highly. # #That means that every Cost Benefit Analysis would likely fall in the favor of Rec Fishing.

Thats why Daniel Tillack # editor of Modern Fishing #has been pushing for an improved study that shows the economic benefit more clearly #- for all of Australia.

Gary

gif
11-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Pinhead was right we have until 21st to make comments.

So - that just gives us the chance to get more submissions in.

If you want a hand writing one call or write to me.

If you do when then post it up here for all to see.

Gary

g.fooks@uq.net.au

0412 111 573

NQCairns
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
and free speech and freedom of movement outside of private property :o.

Also as I understand it the state has more 'ownership' over our children also, the parents are now just minders, sorry of track again.

subzero
11-01-2005, 01:55 PM
I guess it's a little bit like the union negotiation, you dont take a step backward without getting something in return. This is definitely a step backward.
Somewhere along the line someone probably put in a lot of effort to get these fascilitys at Redland Bay in the first place.
Reduction in parking spaces HAS TO BE A NEGATIVE, and I personaly cant understand why anyone would just roll over and allow it without AT LEAST voicing their dissaproval at, TO ME, would be the apparent lack of consideration for the general boating public, wether they be fisherman or not.

I can see the potential for harm via downgrading of these ammenities by not speaking up, I can see the potential for our elected officials to take note of their constituents concerns, so I have passed on my thoughts to the appropriate authoritys in a respectful manner. (I would like to think that they have underestimated the feelings of both the local and wider comunity and may take heed).

Garry, as for the buggy whips, not allowed to use them??? Dont tell the missus, it will ruin my sex life [smiley=cowboy.gif] [smiley=whip.gif] ;D

Regards all Lloyd

subzero
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
A copy of my letter

Project Delivery Group,
RSC, PO Box 21, Cleveland Qld 4163

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am greatly concerned at the downgrading of facility’s for both the Recreational Fisher men/women/children and of course the wider boating fraternity in general who utilise your fine ramp and parking area at Weinam Creek.

I strongly urge that you and the other members of the "Project” reconsider the reduction of the fifty five parking spaces envisaged in your proposal.

At times when it can appear the whole world is coming apart at the seems, I would be pleased to see that the "Project Leaders" recognise the value of the quality family time spent together through on water activities in the beautiful Redland Region, which could otherwise be further curtailed by irate parents searching for suitable parking, moving from ramp to ramp.

To you, and yours, to stand up now for a common sense approach to recreational pastimes in the Redland Shire will do nothing short of protect the future for all your family’s as well as ours.
An emotive plea, yes, an emotive subject.

Yours Sincerely
Lloyd Finn

PinHead
11-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Pinhead

thats what they said about hunting.

And smoking

and .... #buggy whips

mate..I still smoke...I can go hunting on a couple of properties anytime I want..BUT...please..please..don't mention whips when the missus is around!!!!!!!

skippa
11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I see it like this:

You spend good money maintaining your rig which sees it's way back into the general/local economy. So Far good for all.

One day you decide to go for a fish or simply take the family out for a day on the bay. After spending more money for your trip you arrive at your local ramp to find there are NO CAR/TRAILER SPACES left. Where have the 55 missing parking spaces gone? What to do now? Go to another ramp, take the risk and park somewhere anyway or simply go home sell the boat and buy a set of Golf clubs instead.

Looking good for ferry commuters now but not family boaties. The local tackle store, petrol stations etc takes a dive because you don't bother to go to Reddie Bay ramp any more.

I really don't understand, as Redland Bay is one of, or if not, the fastest growing areas of the Shire. The shire enjoys one of the highest boat ownerships in Aust, so why cut 55 spaces?

I guess the other solution is to ask the Ferry skipper to slow her down a bit so you can have a troll or stop while you throw some slugs at that bait boil nearby.

Come on RSC, lets fair to ALL Bay users ( that's residents too). We choose to live here because of the beauty of the bay and the easy convenient access to it.

That's my 2 bobs
Tony

Cheech
11-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Each now and then I make a mistake, type an email that is not necessarily sensitive enough, say something that is stupid, say something in a way that at the time I think is appropriate (but wasn't). I also receive such.

Mostly people understand what is meant, support as appropriate, or guide where guidance is needed.

Sometimes we just get it wrong.

What I have read on this thread is, however, just deploreable.

Ok, when I read Garrys post, I thought it was perhaps pushing the boundaries a bit, but I knew clearly where he was coming from. Then I read Kevin's first post and thought,,, no way would I ever send such a harshly worded email or letter. Would just get my back up if I received anything like that. What is clearly needed now is a bit of guidance from fellow ausfish members. We are after all a club,, right??

But what do I read?? I was absolutely surprised and so disappointed by the post by Derek. Moderator or not moderator, as an ausfish member I expected you to support fellow members. Even if they were (in my opinion) perhaps a bit off course in their approach, how about a bit of guidance?? Instead,, what was written.

Lloyd (subzero) good on you. What you provided is exactly what Kevin asked for in the first place. A bit of guidance in what should or should not be written in these letters.

Seems to me that these personal attacks have had little to do with assisting the cause, and more about point scoring, or something,,, hell I don't know what the intention was.

Kevin, please, please do not let a couple of sad sods dampen your cause. I would have expected everyone to have gotten up and given 3 cheers for TFP (north queensland) for jumping in and trying to help the fisho's in a small pocked of Brisbane. Probably like you, I was just left thinking "what the".

I do hope something positive comes out of this. I am a bit spoilt being north side and not having the congestion problems, but principal is the issue.

Cheech

(or just in case anyone thinks I am hiding behind an annonamous name, as I was once accused of,, Craig Grendon)

gif
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Great Tony I like it

Now just send it by email to rsc@redland.qld.gov.au With “ Weiman Creek” in the title line

Cheers!

cooky
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
who's CHONG? ;D

propdinger
11-01-2005, 04:13 PM
i use #the ramp and wish to keep on being able to so mine in sent

it can be bloody full on a #weekend already god help us if we lose more

jeff

Sportfish_5
11-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Well said Cheech. Good on ya Gary and Kev.

I too am disappointed with some of the comments made by supposed pro rec fishing/boating people on this board. Opinion of the people has changed the course of history for ages. We have just overturned a zoning decision in Caboolture Shire by people power so dont be put off by the negative nevilles guys.

Derek - If you are always going to be negative then perhaps you should refrain from posting on this and any other "Fishing Party" issues as you already have stated ??? or cant you help yourself.

Cheers

Greg

Fitzy
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Subzero, great reply mate!
Re Dereks reply: he is entitled to his "personal" oppinion & is entitled to voice it if within the site rules. If anything to do with us mods becomes an issue, Steve (site owner) will make the call. We just help him out.

I think the crux of the issue is that there will be a reduction in parking spaces. Whatever reason the council has decided to do this is not the issue, the point as I see it is that we need to voice our concern over any closures or limits to access. Gary using his sons was putting it in some future perspective IMHO. I recon most ppl (including the clowncil) will see through it to the issue at hand.

On the future of fishing practices & access, I am positive there are agendas out there by various political/lobby parties, some with angling in their sights.
We need to be vigilant to oppose any & all unreasonable threats to our fishing future. If they know we're going to kick & scream, it will give the pollies some pause before they go ahead with any changes. If we consistently lay down, then it will become all to easy to give in to the radicals who would see fishing outlawed.

Cheers,

fitzy..

Derek Bullock
11-01-2005, 05:50 PM
We are after all a club,, right??

But what do I read?? I was absolutely surprised and so disappointed by the post by Derek. Moderator or not moderator, as an ausfish member I expected you to support fellow members. Even if they were (in my opinion) perhaps a bit off course in their approach, how about a bit of guidance?? Instead,, what was written.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am not a member of The Fishing Party and neither do I support it. The Fishing Party is a political party and it is my right as a citizen in this democratic society to choose NOT to be a member of, or support any political party. In fact I am not a member of, neither do I support any of the political parties in this country.

As far as Ausfish being a club, I have never heard that suggested or spoken before. What I see Ausfish as is a group of people from varied and different walks of life, with differing and varied interests and different views on life and matters. I would expect the main thread attracting all of us here is an interest in fishing and it's related activities.

There is nothing in the rules of this Chat Board that says I or any other member has to agree with and support a political party or the views of other members.

If people place posts on here that are controversial and/or contain untruths or misquoted facts, then they should expect them to be challenged. I am not a sheep and I will not follow anything blindly.

To create a post with the subject that this one has and then to suggest that the redevopment of a public carpark is part of a bigger conspiracy to eventually stop people from going fishing is bound to create lively debate, especially from reasonable thinking people.

Lets stick with the facts and remove the emotionalism - this is about a council decision, rightly or wrongly, to redevelop a carpark. It has nothing to do with a conspiracy theory or master plan to eventually stop people from going fishing.

I have never told or suggested to people that they should not write and protest this decision of the council. It is your right to do so if you wish. I just am getting sick and tired of all the conspiracy theories and innuendo about fishing, area closures, rules and regulations and banning people from fishing.

I have heard stupid conspiracy theories about different things all my life but this is as ludicrous as the one that man didnt walk on the moon or that extraterrestrials and flying saucers from outer space have visited the earth.

I to, do not hide behind a false name. My name is here as is my photograph.

Cheers.

Derek

nonibbles
11-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Fishing is law on my planet and you're all welcome when the mothership returns...

Jay_S
11-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Derek say's : this is about a council decision,

A council decision that we think is wrong Derek. >:(
They are doing something that's not fair on paying citizens who need the facilities.
What's the issue with you ???
We obviously voted them in..... so are you happy that facilities for boaties are being diminished?

Col

adriancorrea
11-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Gary maybe you and the others on here that feel that strongly about this subject should go and spend the weekends at the boat ramp and get a petition going.

As for the attacks on anyone who doesnt agree with some of the things that have been mentioned on here, everyone has a right to their own opinion just like you have the right to be upset with whats going on.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Derek Bullock
11-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Col

Maybe it is wrong decision. If you read everything I have written I dont know that I have offerred an opinion on that and I have never discouraged people from objecting to it. If people dont like the decision they can object, simple as that.

Derek

adriancorrea
12-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Just make some muffins for everyone Derek lol ::) ;D ;)

Tight Lines
Adrian

Fisher_Boats
12-01-2005, 04:51 AM
Derek,
Yeh no worries. (By the way I use my son's user name at home ..to lazy to log in and out.)
I guess it's apathy and frustrations that stir things up a bit here.
Will be nice to see if we can make a difference with a bad decision for once.
Half the time not sure which post to go to on Redlands :) Gary has definately got it fired up.

Snappyone..Attacks??? How about opinions with passion ;)

Subzero....Your onto it mate .Well done 8)

Col

kc
12-01-2005, 05:34 AM
Great to see this rumbling along. I have been too busy making a living the last few days to follow this up much but it seems the apathy so usual in rec fishers (after all the reason we go fishing is relaxation) is being stirred.

It took an issue to get the rec fishing community motivated and organised up North...this may just be the catalyst to get things going down there.

As for me personally coping a few knives...I really have no problem with that...it come with the territory....anyone who stands up to be counted will always get a few knockers and at the end of the day..life would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything. Debate is good for us and good for everyone.

At the end of the day, I personally take a lot of heart from those who support us, many of them fishing legends like Jack Erskine and John Mondora, and guys like Gary....by no means a legend but a top bloke who works tirlessly for the sport,
than those who bag us.

Just as an aside I got a copy of a letter yesterday sent from Senator Boswell to GBRMPA regarding the Arlington Reef issue and he is clearly living up to his word to champion the issues important to TFPQ and our members & voters....so far so good.

Cheers all

KC

Gazza
12-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Derek:
Lets stick with the facts and remove the emotionalism - this is about a council decision, rightly or wrongly, to redevelop a carpark. It has nothing to do with a conspiracy theory or master plan to eventually stop people from going fishing.

maybe "circumstancial, rather than conspiracy" then Derek....... ???

From WA...recently ;)

Posted: Jan 10 2005, 02:38 PM

There is a proposal which will transfer ferry parking at Hillarys to the northern car park and reduce the access to the boat ramps and parking used by recreational anglers.

More ramp congestion, less parking, longer delays????........

Public meeting about this is in the Breakwater Tavern at Hillarys on Tuesday, January 11 from 3.30pm to 7pm.

Report in West Australian during the Christmas break said:-

Hillarys boat harbour will get a $9 million extension if plans by the Wyllie Group are approved.

Plans before Joondalup City Council include a new tavern and shops linked by a boardwalk from the marina's northern carpark.

Council acting chief executive Clayton Higham said the new buildings would be built on the northern side of the existing shops.

"The additions proposed are for an additional retail floorspacc of 800 sqm and a two-storey tavern of 1500sq m," Mr Higham said.

He said the Wyllie Group would hold a public meeting in the Breakwater Tavern at Hillarys on Tuesday, January 11 from 3.30pm to 7pm.

"An independent person who will report to the city on the outcome will oversee this session," he said.

If the city's caretaker commissioners, who are standing in for the suspended council, back the plan it will go to the WA Planning Commission for final approval.

The Joondalup Combined Residents' Group was unaware of the proposal but said the community was generally happy with the marina."

-------------------------------------------------

This with the reduced carpark at Mindarie...is the sign for things to come...
Remember who you vote for guys.... the elections soon will be your chance to exercise your right to change who changes your future, fishing future included.

The Hillaries Ramp is a nightmare at present for big trailors like mine!!! and smaller car park will just end in tears, fights and a loss to all Fish'Os

thanks for Posting this as I and many others missed it when we where away over chrissies Terry.

cooky
12-01-2005, 06:44 AM
or that extraterrestrials and flying saucers from outer space have visited the earth.

I to, do not hide behind a false name. My name is here as is my photograph.

Derek - I have decided I cannot hide any longer either my name is Gene Poole and here is my photo

gunna
12-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Just sent my letter. Even though I don't live up there its the issue thats important. Council probably doesn't appreciate the tourist dollars that people like me bring from out of the area. Derek - you make a very good point and perhaps Garry's post tried to hijack our emotions - but in my humble opinion , at the end of the day this issue is still about the various Government agencies still not recognising the importance and benefits of the rec fishing community. If enough people object everytime an issue like this arises then the message may finally get through. But it needs numbers. Twenty or so people have taken the time to reply to this post - I hope they have all taken the time to write to Redlands Council also.

Gazza
12-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey Kooky :) .....stick to the subject!!!...... ;D :D :D :D

DOH!! ::)

cooky
12-01-2005, 08:29 AM
stick to the subject!!

apologies Gazza. Shame because I was going to add to Gary's post about my kids

My kids need your help. You see by the time they get to my age there will be stuff all fishing allowed anymore. They won’t be able to take out their kids - unless you help them out today. Don't their little faces make you sad.

Gazza
12-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Yes i'm Gary too ;D

adriancorrea
12-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeh Col
Not a problem but still your opinion and thats all Im saying.
Each too there own.
As I said I wrote to them aswell.

Tight Lines
Adrian

dazza
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
hi all,
the most encouraging thing about this thread is that it appears to have stirred quite a few people up and they have have put their thoughts in writing to rsc.
imho, rec fisho's are finally starting to speak up instead of bending over.
we all have different opinions, which i believe is good. would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed. as long as things stay constructive.
politicians react to one thing VOTES. bottom line is no votes= no job
keep the pressure on them, make them earn their wages/superannuation
cheers
dazza

baldyhead
12-01-2005, 02:31 PM
I also have sent a letter as I have seen first hand in Cairns the removal of BOATING FACILITIES to cater for the GREEDY TOURIST OPERATORS.
Recreation Fishers APATHY allowed this to happen in Cairns.
A good lesson learned!

"IF FISHING IS A SYMBOL OF POWER, THEN THAT POWER BELONGS IN THE HANDS OF THE PEOPLE."

Baldy

gif
14-01-2005, 03:32 AM
The Redland Boat club will be down on the Banana Street Ramps this weekend to encourage people to make submissions

They could do with a hand - just drop down and give them an hour or two or call their president Brett Ashcroft on 0413 249 930.

Duncan at the Fishead Tackle store is also helping out - drop in and give him soem encouragement as well.

Gary

gif
17-01-2005, 10:26 AM
How is every ones submission going?

Better post it by Tuesday at the latest

Mine is up to 17 pages with graphs and tables - but that nerds for ya.

I am going fishing now ...

gary

macdwp01
17-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Gary, thats nothing short of unnecessary sensationalism on your part. What are you suggesting, that there is a conspiracy by Governement to ban fishing completely.

Thats about as stupid as that show on TV last night about the conspiracy that men did not walking on the moon.

Cheers

Derek

Hey Derek mate, ease up, he has a point, you have no right to call anyone or there opinions stupid, especially in this case where Mr Fooks has a valid point regarding the scaling down of the ramp car parking area. Kids love fishing and we all have a responsibility as fishermen to teach good fishing practices if our kids want to learn this past time. This means we have to show the government that we can be responsible with firstly our fishing stocks, don't take too much fish, don't fish in green zones, don't litter, don't steal pots. Finally, don't turn against each other. So Derek as a moderator you should be a role model for everyone on the board, one who will listen to everyone and not ridicule a perfectly sensible comment and if you don't agree with it, either don't answer or answer in a way so you do not humilate or belittle someone. Cheers

Derek Bullock
17-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Hmmmmm Mac, I think you need to read the whole post as well as the others on this subject.

Derek

Derek Bullock
17-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Ok guys

I removed the last 8 or so posts from here about the Tsunami in the interest of decency. #People were offended and the photos and the comments were neither in good taste or needed on this Chat Board.

Thanks.

Derek

Derek Bullock
17-01-2005, 05:53 PM
This post has been locked because of attempts to sidetrack it.

Sorry Gary, will have to start a new thread.

Derek