PDA

View Full Version : Look out good folk. Ring the police

ba229
16-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Cause me and my family are coming to visit #;D ;D

Yep thats right. From Feb 1st (tues) to the 4th (fri) my lovely wife, bub and I will be drinking your beer and generally making a nuisance of ourselves. :) These dates may be changed a bit in time so that it falls across a weekend so that I can go fishing ;)

On a serious note, can anyone suggest "must do's" or "must see's" for when we are up there?

adriancorrea
16-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Ive already rung the police Alex lol
Youll have too arange a fish with someone while your up

Tight Lines
Adrian

Kerry
16-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Unless ya got ya passport, the borders been closed ;D

But there are exceptions for short visa's but where are ya going, big place this you know :D

Cheers, Kerry.

ba229
16-01-2005, 03:54 PM
:) We will be staying in Ormiston on the south side of Brisvegas but will be doing some driving around getting a feel of cane toad country. By that I mean in the brisvegas area.

propdinger
16-01-2005, 04:04 PM
alex
what would you like to see while here eg

fishing
theame parks
site seeing
local parks
etc etc
and how much you will pay for guided tour....lol

just to give us an idea of where we should point your direction

jeff

oh and atleast 1 day/night #we should hit the pub #;D ;D ;D

mackmauler
16-01-2005, 04:19 PM
dont bring any golf clubs alex, u are welcome to my 3 and 5 irons to get the feel of some cane toads.

Maria
16-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Alex - simple plan for the must do. Sink copious amounts of booze. Join us for a mission to one of our local watering holes(Jeff....whatta ya reckon....take him to the Alex? ;)). Might even be kind enough to take you for a royal cruise around some of the better parts of God's Country. Oh, and I guess we could have a fish sometime too. Rob?

Ben

Big_Kev
17-01-2005, 02:45 AM
It will be good to have you up this way. (I think).
Orminston is near here so I will be able to smell a cockaroach in the area.

Lucky_Phill
17-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Maybe we can turn on a bit the Famous Queensland sunshine and weather for ya. But be warned, it'll be bloody hot that time of year.

So, where ever ya staying, tune in the air-con.

So, where ever ya visit, tune in the air-con.

So, where ever ya drinking, tune in the air-con.

So, where ever ya &^%ing, tune in the WebCam ! :o

A trip to Peel island/ Horseshoe bay/ maybe the 1 Mile, little ships club, Tanga's or Nth Straddie Hotel, sounds like the go.

mmmmmm Nth Straddie hotel, deck overlooking to briney, Sunday arvo, beer and barmaids. mmm Food for thought there Alex.

Yes Ben, it does sound good.

Phill

PinHead
17-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Onya Phill...love it when someone keeps pushing the air cond line..keeps me in business. Come to think of it..any pub overlooking the briney or good beach scenery is hard to pass.

ba229
17-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Lmao

When I started this thread asking for ideas I thought i would get suggestions like.... Brisbane museum, State library and even the art gallery.

All thats been suggested is drink beer and fish. ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like my idea of visiting a far off land.

I am sure at some stage a session at a brew house will be in order so hope to meet some of you there.

PinHead
17-01-2005, 05:17 PM
mate...the museum probably has some fish skeletons...the library would have some books on brewing beer and the art gallery..I am not sophisticated enough to have ever been there. Besides...what else is there in life but to drink beer (and green ginger wine) and go fishing.

Sportfish_5
17-01-2005, 05:26 PM
A bit of Qld culture 4 ya Alex ;D ;D ;D ;D

propdinger
17-01-2005, 06:47 PM
the wife should be in emerald by then so the alex or a good drinking hole sounds very very interesting with no nagging when i get home ...lol

adriancorrea
18-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Hey phil that pub at north straddie sounds like the next meet and greet while Alex is up lol

Tight Lines
Adrian

adrian
19-01-2005, 04:21 AM
make sure you change your money to Queensland money at the bank before you get here ;D ;D .
your choice of location is close to the bay a cast or 2 away in the redland shire you are close to the barge to straddie at cleveland send the wife to the markets at cleveland while you can fish at the point or wait for her the sands pub . tosee the greater brissie area you need a week or two or if the fishing is good [smiley=smug.gif] [smiley=smug.gif]

anzac