PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay tips and charters???

Jethro
19-01-2005, 06:38 AM
I am heading off for 5 days in Hervey Bay at the end of the month to catch up with my little brother.

He has only been up there a few weeks and with a new bub he hasn't really had a chance to sus the fishing out. I was hoping to get out on a charter and chase a few pelagics, trevs, or basically anything fast ;D

Can anyone recomend a Sportsfishing charter up that way??

We also have access to a 12ft tinny with a 6hp while we are there. So if anyone has any suggestions that will accessable in a small boat that would be great too.

Thanks all

bay_firey
19-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Jethro

Give Paul Dolan a call he will be ble to help with a charter.

There are many options in a small tinny
River Heads - Mary River / Susan River
Urangan Harbour - If the weather is favourable slip out around woody Island / Round Island / The harbour wall and it is always worth a drop around the beacons just out of the harbour too

Jethro
19-01-2005, 07:02 AM
Thanks mate. What can I expect to catch at these spots. I will be taking a 15kg overhead for bait fishing and a couple of lighter rods for lure fishing.

I was having a look at Paul's web site last week but it seems to be down. Does anyone have a contact number??

bay_firey
19-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Jethro

You can expect to catch all sorts, wouldn't be the first time a Dolhin fish has come off the beacons. Trevally, mackeral, reefies, cod, flatties, Grinners ;D, pike, bream, whiting on the sand around the islands, salmon in the susan, grunter in the mary.

Lucky_Phill
19-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Paul Dolan's info is as follows:-

0407 674350

fisher11@optusnet.com.au

Cheers Phill

don't forget Gatakers Bay !

trout3030
19-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Grew up fishing out of a small tinnie at hervey bay. Whiting in winter and reefies as the weather warmed up. Mostly fished the close reefs/rock at point vernon and gatakers bay for blackall, moses perch, blueys, coral bream and even coral trout. Water very shallow (a few metres) so had to be quiet and throw a long way from the boat. Fresh yabbies bunched 5 at a time on the hook was the way to go. Fished at night and then into the early day. Happy moments can be in plague proportion on the shallow reefs during the day so be careful of them.

Jethro
20-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Thanks heaps guys.

Hopefully we will get into a few fish ;D

Wezza
20-01-2005, 05:12 AM
The shallow reefs of Torquay can be very Surprising. caught some nice Blackall and spotties a few weeks back. Once did a charter with Cole on Silver Lady. Very good day out.

MY-TopEnder
20-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Gatakers bay is great, the ramp isn't tbe best i've launched at but its still not the worst either.